3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to stay on topic when there isn't much news about said topic.
"Q2" is all we're getting in response to inquiries regarding its release date.
That, and that Prime's proportions have been updated/corrected. However, there isn't a picture of the corrected figure yet.

Hard to stay on topic when there isn't much news about said topic.
"Q2" is all we're getting in response to inquiries regarding its release date.
That, and that Prime's proportions have been updated/corrected. However, there isn't a picture of the corrected figure yet.

is there confirmation of that?

still haven't committed to buy this yet, waiting for more pics

Yup.
Their rep. stated so both on the 3A forum and Facebook page.
This being the cause of the delay and lack of presence at conventions.

gregory said:
The majority of the changes come down to altering the proportions. There are some minor cosmetic changes that make the design closer to the film model. Not 100% film accurate, just closer than the previous prototype that's been seen.

New model won't be ready to be seen at ECCC or Supanova. Maybe Thai Toy Expo, but no promises. *

20160528_101835.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that answer was in response to an inquiry regarding a release date.
However, Bob121 is right because most of their release date projections tend to be delayed by 1-6 months.

I would say earliest would be July and latest would be September. So I'm going to use my crystal ball and say.....August!!!

The best thing to do with 3A releases is to just wait until they start to actually ship out. I see zero reason to constantly ask and wonder since it's never 100%. It's like Hot Toys expect we don't get teases for when they're about to be released.

Greg said the other day that there will be a new shipping entry post soon so we'll see an update on the date then.

Looking back at my experience with 3A, you're right, I can't even count how many figures I've had where it gets to the month they're supposed to ship, 3A says they're shipping later that month, and they still don't get released for another 3-4 months.

Their track record of releasing figures in a reasonable amount of time is abysmal.

Looks like you might be right guys.
Many on another forum l frequent are stating that they're being told via e-mail not to expect Prime until Q4 2016.

I love 3A's work, but OMG!
I don't think I'll be paying full price upfront through Bambaland ever again.

a few folks over on TFW mentioned they just got some updates from the 3A people that prime is scheduled to ship in July...

3A's response to the email request yesterday:

"The Optimus Prime will be completed ahead of the schedule in this July.

Best Wishes
3A CS"

Lol.. Pre-ordered and paid in full. Since that time I have pretty much stopped collection figures and moved on to statues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back