2010 fifa world cup south africa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bamboo you're making me wanna use Beckham's Armani pic in my siggy... ;)

Do it!! If u want I'll make u one like mine! :lol

-----------
CONGRATZ HOLLAND!!!!!
smiley_hollandcheer.gif

this is my favourite game of the tournament so far. amazing goals.
日本頑張れ!!!!

I agree, although I was asleep when Italy (ha ha ha) got knocked out by Slovakia (probably will watch the replay on CBC).

Japan let up a bit in the second half, but stepped it up again after the late Danish goal. Honda's move on the third goal was spectacular.

I agree, although I was asleep when Italy (ha ha ha) got knocked out by Slovakia (probably will watch the replay on CBC).

Japan let up a bit in the second half, but stepped it up again after the late Danish goal. Honda's move on the third goal was spectacular.

superb wasn't it? i'm glad they didn't go back to defending really deeply after half time. they kept on coming for most of the 2nd half. for me, okubo and honda have been amazing - real workhorses and little flashes of brilliance here and there.

superb wasn't it? i'm glad they didn't go back to defending really deeply after half time. they kept on coming for most of the 2nd half. for me, okubo and honda have been amazing - real workhorses and little flashes of brilliance here and there.

Honda is the star performer of this tournament for the Japanese team.

I didn't expect Japan could overcome the Danes before the game though. The Danes relied too much on the older players.:(

Wow two Asian teams in the last 16.:clap

Nice effort by japan, they did more then they had to and now have a string of confidence to build on....

If Robben is able to contribute 70% of his normal output, this team will do damage in the knockout rounds. The dutch are prob the deepest team in this tourney.... (V. Persie, Snijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Van Bommel, Kuyt, Babel, Huntelaar.... SOOOO MUCH talent. Its like whos-who of top level european footballers..)

The USA has a very decent chance of going deep in this tournamnet, and i hope they do. If they can bet Ghana, which is very doable, they play the winner of URU (who i think is overacheiving right now, they will get back to normal sooner or later)/S. Korea (who the Americans can also beat if they dont give up an early goal). That is basically a pretty decent shot to the Semi finals......

The USA has a very decent chance of going deep in this tournamnet, and i hope they do. If they can bet Ghana, which is very doable, they play the winner of URU (who i think is overacheiving right now, they will get back to normal sooner or later)/S. Korea (who the Americans can also beat if they dont give up an early goal). That is basically a pretty decent shot to the Semi finals......

I have to disagree. If Ghana does not handily deafeat the U.S. I will be surprised. They played Germany very well. While I admire the U.S. not giving up against Slovenia when down two goals and equalising, Group C seems the poorest lot.

Nice effort by japan, they did more then they had to and now have a string of confidence to build on....

If Robben is able to contribute 70% of his normal output, this team will do damage in the knockout rounds. The dutch are prob the deepest team in this tourney.... (V. Persie, Snijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Van Bommel, Kuyt, Babel, Huntelaar.... SOOOO MUCH talent. Its like whos-who of top level european footballers..)

You know how the Dutch are though, they've had far, far better teams than this and failed to win the cup.... Still, I like them as much as any European squad, ATM.

I'll get right on it. :1-1:

(I do wish I had that guys hairline though...)

I have to disagree. If Ghana does not handily deafeat the U.S. I will be surprised. They played Germany very well. While I admire the U.S. not giving up against Slovenia when down two goals and equalising, Group C seems the poorest lot.

Well the Ghanaians are FARRR more talented then the Americans physically and possibly football IQ wise and on paper, they win 100 percent of the time, i agree. But I just question whether they have the discipline to not make stupid mistakes under pressure, esp. at the back. They are a very young team without much experience at this level, in fact i think they are the youngest team in South Africa. They made several bad mistakes during the group games, mistakes that could be deadly for you when its win or go home. Plus, historically African teams are dreadful in the knockout rounds. It should be a good game though, and if the USA doesn’t make mistakes early:monkey4, and they take advantage of Ghana's mistakes, it could get interesting....

You know how the Dutch are though, they've had far, far better teams than this and failed to win the cup.... Still, I like them as much as any European squad, ATM.

(I do wish I had that guys hairline though...)

So true, but i get a different feeling from this group though man. The fact that they have been doing just enough to get results, and not pulling the usual crap (like Robben pulling a muscle on some flashy, clumsey crap in the 85th minute :slap:lol) gives me a feeling they are saving a lot for the group stages. Usually with those guys its all about dazzling people in the group stage with 3-0 and 4-0 score lines, then getting there ass handed to them in the Quarters by more disciplined teams. As you said, Def the most underachieving Football power ever though IMO in terms of history, hope they can turn the tide.

A couple of interesting scores overnight. New Zealand vs Paraguay was an average match. I expected more from Paraguay and thought they'd get a few past NZ. I'm glad that Slovakia beat Italy. In fact, I think it's awesome! :rock Whatever people may say. Italy did not deserve to get past the group with their performances. Sure you could say it was the coach's fault due to some odd decision making and leaving out good players, but the players in the squad performed poorly. For a team that prided themselves in their defence, they were poor. Slovakia and Paraguay deserved to go through.

Japan played well and certainly earned a spot in the last 16. Gotta say, though, those two free kicks were brilliant. No real surprise in the Dutch winning. I'm glad Robben got some match time, and hopefully that's a sign that he will start in the next game.

Well the Ghanaians are FARRR more talented then the Americans physically and possibly football IQ wise and on paper, they win 100 percent of the time, i agree. But I just question whether they have the discipline to not make stupid mistakes under pressure, esp. at the back. They are a very young team without much experience at this level, in fact i think they are the youngest team in South Africa. They made several bad mistakes during the group games, mistakes that could be deadly for you when its win or go home. Plus, historically African teams are dreadful in the knockout rounds. It should be a good game though, and if the USA doesn’t make mistakes early:monkey4, and they take advantage of Ghana's mistakes, it could get interesting....

The Ghanaians have been extremely overrated at this tournament. Sure, on paper they may be better than the USA, but that counts for absolutely nothing on the pitch. The only way they even got to the last 16 was by two penalties (which were handed to them... literally) which got them the results they needed. Their finishing in front of goal has been below standard, and I expect the USA to win.

Last edited:
sometimes i wonder how bam can concentrate on the actual football with all the imaginary short shorts competitions and award ceremonies going on in her head during the games.

Back