$20 Cancellation Fee Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that is beside the point. You could have left it at a respectful retort and instead verbally insulted me, your customer. Very unprofessional.

I work in the service industry and see people with your type of behavior all the time, are you trolling for freebies at this point or what?

Excuse me? What type of behavior? In what service industry do you work in where you speak to customers that way? I work retail currently, just so you know, and I would not get away with calling customers clueless or crazy, (nevermind publicly). I don't ever speak to my customers that way, even the genuinely troublesome ones or even the known crooks.

1. You have taken a playful sarcastic comment and blown it way out of proportion. In no way was that comment an insult directed at you, but more of a playful banter with customers. Thats one of the cool thing that Sideshow employees have done with this site for years. Seriously dude, get over it, there was nothing there that was in any way meant to be insulting.

2. You made an inaccurate statement of the time and money involved in Sideshow's flexpay system, and you made the statement as if it were fact and you knew something about the inner workings of the system. Instead of looking for imagined slights in what Chicky said, why don't you openly apologize for making erroneous remarks about Sideshow's business practice that you know absolutely nothing about? Why point out their supposed flaws if your not going to admit your own?

1. You have taken a playful sarcastic comment and blown it way out of proportion. In no way was that comment an insult directed at you, but more of a playful banter with customers. Thats one of the cool thing that Sideshow employees have done with this site for years. Seriously dude, get over it, there was nothing there that was in any way meant to be insulting.

2. You made an inaccurate statement of the time and money involved in Sideshow's flexpay system, and you made the statement as if it were fact and you knew something about the inner workings of the system. Instead of looking for imagined slights in what Chicky said, why don't you openly apologize for making erroneous remarks about Sideshow's business practice that you know absolutely nothing about? Why point out their supposed flaws if your not going to admit your own?

I was merely reiterating what the OP said exactly, but if I stated my opinion too strongly as if it were first-hand knowledgeable fact, I apologize for the lack of humility in my earlier post.

But just as my comments were taken strongly, I took hers very strongly. That may be the pitfall of the written word, as I do not know her intended tone, nor do you. Therefore, the matter should rest until she can respond for herself.

I have only ever had the best experiences with Sideshow staff over the last six years. I was genuinely offended by her tone toward me. That's all I have to say until she weighs in.

After some reflecting, I decided I can't truly justify having the HT Tumbler, Batpod, or 89 Batmobile in my collection due to space concerns. I had gotten caught up in the excitement of having those in my collection, but wasn't being realistic about it. I had preordered all 3 using Flexpay, and was half way through my payments for the tumbler, but neither the Batpod or Batmobile flex payments had started yet

I called SS, spoke with Kathy and explained I wanted to cancel just those items and was hoping they could help with the NRDs. She worked with me to completely refund the Tumbler NRD in addition to what payments had already been made, and she rolled the Batmobile NRD over to another item that is shipping soon. I lost the NRD for the Batpod, but that was an easier pill to swallow than losing all 3.

Lesson learned to temper the excitement at the time of ordering.

Man, that's all I was ever suggesting in the FIRST place! Why do things get so hostile on here? That's really cool of her! The CS reps are actually really awesome. They've always been the best.

I work in the service industry and see people with your type of behavior all the time, are you trolling for freebies at this point or what?

This is why I never take free what you wish to call it. The point was made sometime ago. I just did my 1st. cancel item. Did not care about the nrd fee.

I'm assuming the canceling fees are because when people pre order, sideshow might after certain time place an order for a certain quantity of figures based on that and if someone cancels, the figure was produced for nothing, and thus will leave sideshow with a +1 stock that if many people cancel will amount to a greater number of figures that will be overstocked.

I'm assuming the canceling fees are because when people pre order, sideshow might after certain time place an order for a certain quantity of figures based on that and if someone cancels, the figure was produced for nothing, and thus will leave sideshow with a +1 stock that if many people cancel will amount to a greater number of figures that will be overstocked.

Keep in mind when a company makes something like this they make 10% more, then 20% for paint issue. Being they are made in China well. I watched RCCA do that in the 90s only worst.

Keep in mind when a company makes something like this they make 10% more, then 20% for paint issue. Being they are made in China well. I watched RCCA do that in the 90s only worst.

I highly doubt Sideshow makes an additional 30% on top of the ES for every release. :lol

I highly doubt Sideshow makes an additional 30% on top of the ES for every release. :lol

Everyone makes a 10% overrun. Where do you think those replacements come from? The 10/20% on top of that is for the modeling and painting. As a rule those are trashed after the run is over. China well, look at ebay, wondering why items are there? This is the norm.

Everyone makes a 10% overrun. Where do you think those replacements come from? The 10/20% on top of that is for the modeling and painting. As a rule those are trashed after the run is over. China well, look at ebay, wondering why items are there? This is the norm.

You said 10% more for the run and then 20% more for paint. That's a total of 30%. :lol

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a single, then made 4-5 recasts for A/Ps, to dress, paint, etc (before shipping it off to the factory). They do get extras with each run from the factory for replacements, but I'd honestly be surprised if it's even 10%.

You said 10% more for the run and then 20% more for paint. That's a total of 30%. :lol

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a single, then made 4-5 recasts for A/Ps, to dress, paint, etc (before shipping it off to the factory). They do get extras with each run from the factory for replacements, but I'd honestly be surprised if it's even 10%.

The person I got 24 battle droids from has 50 sets left. China seller cost me under $300 ship. 10% is not that many. Check I know the Dec/Jan (2012/13) starwas is out. But those are 3.75.

You maybe shocked to fine out how much really is made. If its not numbed on the item it a smoke number.

Rcca used to make x number for the elites but the same cast was the banks also,and I forgot the middle one. They press about 50,000 of the body only in metal. Another 1,000,000 in plastics and 250,000 metal sold at retail. Only the inside did not match.

The person I got 24 battle droids from has 50 sets left. China seller cost me under $300 ship. 10% is not that many. Check I know the Dec/Jan (2012/13) starwas is out. But those are 3.75.

You maybe shocked to fine out how much really is made. If its not numbed on the item it a smoke number.

Rcca used to make x number for the elites but the same cast was the banks also,and I forgot the middle one. They press about 50,000 of the body only in metal. Another 1,000,000 in plastics and 250,000 metal sold at retail. Only the inside did not match.

You're comparing mass produced kiddie toys to limited edition collectibles though. It's simple math really. You're not gonna find the same number of people who'd pay $9.99 for a 4" Star Wars figure to drop $600 on a Star Wars statue. And that way of thinking applied to a community like ours, is a recipe for failure. They already have product sitting in the warehouse at 1/10th the edition sizes of Hasbro figures. Honestly, I think Chicky already put it best:
What is disturbing is when people present their 'assumptions' as fact, in turn allowing others to get the wrong impression of our business, it's services and policies.
If they were pumping out the kinda product Hasbro does on the daily basis, it'd be easier to understand a run with an additional 30% to save for QC issues. But you're taking apples and trying to compare them to oranges.

You're comparing mass produced kiddie toys to limited edition collectibles though. It's simple math really. You're not gonna find the same number of people who'd pay $9.99 for a 4" Star Wars figure to drop $600 on a Star Wars statue. And that way of thinking applied to a community like ours, is a recipe for failure. They already have product sitting in the warehouse at 1/10th the edition sizes of Hasbro figures. Honestly, I think Chicky already put it best:

If they were pumping out the kinda product Hasbro does on the daily basis, it'd be easier to understand a run with an additional 30% to save for QC issues. But you're taking apples and trying to compare them to oranges.

I was not talking about Hasbro I was just using them. Nor was I attacking SS in anyway. I did not see his post about the run, I went back to find it but could not. Go back and read just my math only. I have seen this 1st hand. I am not talking out of my ass.

I do believe what was said about the over run(by your post). But it take time to get them up to speed. Again I have seen this 1st hand.

The problem is not the 10% over run. Its the people that take the 20% that is to be trashed. Have you ever wonder why there are items on eBay coming from China? I have 5 backpacks with 1138 on them. Yet I did not buy the sets of them. I still buy from SS, since Oct 11. Today my 50th items has ship out (Commander Fox).

As calling what is a Kiddy toy. Well this to me is a kiddy toy. Fox cost me $147. What do you think I am going to do with him when he comes? I am going to play with him. Maybe put him with a bottle of $250 Scotch (See my pic of Ironman)? Your point missed the point with me. I still read my comics passed down to me from WW2, still have my toys from 1969.

I have been around for a long time. I have seen some odd things and still will. I collect what I like and pay what I think it worth to me. If I wish to cancel anything and they wish to charge me. As long as its not SS missing the date. Charge me, eat dinner, do what they wish. I can careless. But the _____ing gets to me.

So you've seen Sideshow's production first hand? That's likely gonna be a no. And again, you keep comparing them to recasters from China who copy a figure and produce several knockoffs. The bottom line is, unless you work for Sideshow, you really can't say what they do. :lol

So you've seen Sideshow's production first hand? That's likely gonna be a no. And again, you keep comparing them to recasters from China who copy a figure and produce several knockoffs. The bottom line is, unless you work for Sideshow, you really can't say what they do. :lol

I don't work for them. Fyi the 3,000 mark6 with a run of 3,000 so far just on this broad alone has 18 replacement. Do the math. When I said I have seen this 1st hand I have. I have seen HTs made. Didn't know the name of who the where at the time. I was even given one. RCCA I have one of the 5 Labonte car from the 90' . Thrashed but I was given one. Traded it yeas ago for a 30,000 pool.

I never was taking about knockoffs. I was saying they make 10% more. Then 20% on top of that. Those are trash items. What you see on eBay are 2/3rds not knockoffs. The mold cost to much to cast. Sorry man, you toy is just a toy. Me I like my toys.

I don't work for them. Fyi the 3,000 mark6 with a run of 3,000 so far just on this broad alone has 18 replacement. Do the math. When I said I have seen this 1st hand I have. I have seen HTs made. Didn't know the name of who the where at the time. I was even given one. RCCA I have one of the 5 Labonte car from the 90' . Thrashed but I was given one. Traded it yeas ago for a 30,000 pool.

I never was taking about knockoffs. I was saying they make 10% more. Then 20% on top of that. Those are trash items. What you see on eBay are 2/3rds not knockoffs. The mold cost to much to cast. Sorry man, you toy is just a toy. Me I like my toys.

Last time I checked, 18 was not even close to 10% of 3,000. What math are you doing? :dunno :lol

And I'm sure you know this already, but HT is not Sideshow. :wink1:

Back