1st Freakin Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just never buy anything expensive off ebay. I did buy something for $120 a few years ago but since then I think the most I ever spent in one shot was $70. Hope it all gets resloved for you.

First and most important, don't go beating yourself up about not using another form of payment. It just dosn't help, if nothing else consider it a lesson learned and hell, college costs more then that... * Well I think so, never been..well once but that was for lunch and there was this young lady, oh nevermind*...

What's there feedback ? What I would consider is opening a case asap with eBay. On your My Ebay page, I believe it is the last selection on the left hand side Menu. Dispute Console , it dosn't have to be a threat per say. It gives you a few options and if the seller is on the up and up they will straighten out the mess and no harm to them.

But either way this serves a step towards protecting you and hopefully ensuring the arrival of your item's or money returned. If this person is seller, trust me the last thing they want is Ebay hassling them, tying up there money.

Not saying it's the best advice, but it's what I would consider..*then again there was the college thing, so maybe you shouldn't listen*

:D Good Luck

:mummy not dead

Well I guess anyway look look at it where there is any type of cash there will always be theives but I have learned if I RESORT to the bay make sure the seller is not a Fraud and not a peice of garbage.:D

Sorry to hear about your difficulties on the first Ebay purchase, and just so
you know - it is an anomaly. 90+% of all Ebayers are honest and legitimate.
It is just that the minority of jerks ruin it for all of the good people.

As far as best payment method available, Paypal funded by a credit card is
the absolute best way to pay, because if Paypal tries jerking you around,
your credit card is the 900lb gorilla that will usually refund your money back
and b!tch slap Paypal just for being difficult and siding with the scammers
instead of the legitimate buyer (or seller) who has been screwed over.

It isn't a 100% guarantee, but it is definitely better than paying with Paypal
funded by your bank account, or a money order. Hope this helps for the future!

JS

i pay and have been paid by money order for many deals. i don't use paypal because i don't have a credit card and i just don't trust that feeling that you have money to burn when you actually don't. people can get into big financial problems with a credit card. i never had a problem paying or being paid by a money order except once when the payment never arrived. i didn't send the package until i get the payment so i wasn't out anything, just gave them a negative when they didn't reply to my e-mails.

The Ringer said:
Could anyone tell me how to settle a dispute with Ebay I called the guy today and the Sam old Crap!

if the guy doesn't respond, file an ebay dispute. i think what happens is they decide the outcome. go to the dispute console.

Back