18th June Ask Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if I asked Sideshow why Luke's saber lights up, or lack there of, horribly..if they would give me an answer?

I wonder if I asked Sideshow why Luke's saber lights up, or lack there of, horribly..if they would give me an answer?

Really? Try reading the right thread... you might just find your answer. :cuckoo:

Yeah, I got one last night.
Basically, what they said was the first was made made with some acrylic type material and was flimsy and so some of them broke during shipping. They were thinner that's why the light flowed better.

The ones now are of different material which are supposedly better so it wont break easily. Unfortunately, of course...the light doesnt flow through it as well. So it was a question of better lighting but flimsy material or low level lighting but stronger lightsabers.

I kinda see their reasoning now though as when I was positioning Luke, His lightsaber sticks way out and I kinda shut the door on detolf hard but it didnt break the saber. I saw that you can actually sorta even bend it.

For Jawas, I would definitely be wishing for more variations.

Am hoping Sideshow would tailor them in reference to specific Jawas from specific scenes.:pray:

Tuskens and jawas are awesome news, but Ree Yees and Squidhead are two I've been waiting to hear since Greedo was announced. I'd like to hear something about Walrusman, Bossk and Ackbar, sooner than later.

For Jawas, I would definitely be wishing for more variations.

Am hoping Sideshow would tailor them in reference to specific Jawas from specific scenes.:pray:

I bet they will, considering how they made the Rebel Fleet Trooper a specific trooper from the scene.

Cool been waiting awhile now for Scout and snow troopers to fill in gaps. was going to create scout but payience has paid off. Not so keen on others but will look forward to seeing more droids especially Imperial probe

Really? Try reading the right thread... you might just find your answer. :cuckoo:

Some people have no sense of humor. I did read the right thread..and posted several times..I have even asked sideshow about it..and still no answer. When I read the "Ask Sideshow" sections I never see a question get in there that isnt one of butt kissing.

Some people have no sense of humor. I did read the right thread..and posted several times..I have even asked sideshow about it..and still no answer. When I read the "Ask Sideshow" sections I never see a question get in there that isnt one of butt kissing.

I guess... but what's funny about whining some more about a well-documented and well-discussed faulty light system on the Luke PF?

It's so silly that you think you could ask SSC about a problem or deficiency and have them actually respond with something that is the exact answer you're looking for. People b____ about figures not being perfect and then expect the company that released it to confess that they did something blatantly wrong. Good luck with that. Expect the spin-control.

But, hey, it's the internet. I'll go get you a tissue or a laugh-track.

I would just like a response is all. And they can spin all they want..its not going to stop me from complaining. When I buy something that was presented one way and doesnt even begin to live up to what was promoted..then I have a problem with it. I am not the only one either. I wont respond again..so you dont have to worry about adding some "comeback" with generic tissue lines..unless if it makes you feel better inside.

I am fine with them doing odd characters but other than the Tusken Raider and Jawas I have no interest in the rest. And I really don't want more troopers.

Cant believe that lammo answer on the Republic Commandos!! They HAVE to memorialize them since Lucas destroyed their history!!! :monkey2:monkey2
C"mon, Sideshow!!!

RC's would be seriously difficult figures to make, and they'd be expensive as hell. It would be really cool to see them happen, but I wouldn't want it to happen for a while. A long while.

A really long while.

Cant believe that lammo answer on the Republic Commandos!! They HAVE to memorialize them since Lucas destroyed their history!!! :monkey2:monkey2
Yeah, the hugely nostalgic and so important "history" of Republic Commandos... that spawned from a video game and is all of 5 years old in total. :lol

RC's would be seriously difficult figures to make, and they'd be expensive as hell. It would be really cool to see them happen, but I wouldn't want it to happen for a while. A long while.

A really long while.

The expense is no object. Make the damn figures already. People want them for gd sake. SS NEVER seems to strike while the iron is hot, hence all their lines seem to be on simmer most of the time.

Yeah, the hugely nostalgic and so important "history" of Republic Commandos... that spawned from a video game and is all of 5 years old in total. :lol

We mock what we do not understand!
NONE of this is ancient history, sir, but KTs stuff is WAY better than some stupid pacifist rewrite.

Back