15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just flipped back a few pages and saw the in hand pictures and it looks terrible, monkey arms and something i hate even more than monkey arms, the lazy eye!:monkey4

The arms look longer because of the length of gloves and the fact there's nothing to break up the line since she doesn't have wrist joints.

So you don't think the forearms (including gloves) aren't too physically long? I understand how the appearance of the gloves could add to it, but they still look about 1 1/2 times what a normal forearm would be.

Which to me is odd, since the proportions on the female body aren't that off when it comes to the forearms.

I can now safely say that I don't feel bad at all for this one being the first and only 12" SS Star Wars figure not in my collection.

Same with me. I have everything else, and absolutely no desire to own this figure. I think that says something.

Yeah, the eyes don't really seem necessary on this figure.

You don't think she's needs eyes? :lol

I just got the figure and it also has the wonky eye.
padme1.jpg

plus there's a hole in the outfit too
padme2.jpg

Thank you sideshow for the great quality control, NOT! I was wondering if I can return this ridiculous figure back like the stealth Iron Man statue?

I would return it, especially with the tear. And if you honestly just don't want the figure you have 30 days to get a refund.

Thanks for the thorough review and nice shots Dave. One question (if it hasn't already been addressed)...does her cape have wire on the edge for posing? That perpetually shocked look in her eyes is something else...now we know where Sideshow Jedi Luke got it from...his mama! :D:lol:rolleyes:

Your shots (and the great ones Trev posted earlier) are giving me hope this figure might actually look pretty good.

these problems should have been long corrected. there is over 20 figures to this line that they could have worked these bugs out. lazy eyes, monkey arms, no wrist joints. jeez, what a disappointment..again. is the guy that makes the final approval actually looking at the sculpts by ht and medi? most likely not or he would have been embarrassed to put his stamp of approval on the project. thinking he's the guy that approved the movie howard the duck for production? :lol :lol :lol

People should NOT be complaining about her.. she's not a great fig. Even the protoype Pics told you that!!! :monkey1

Comments can be made regarding the posed eyes though, that wasn't on the prototype and came out of left field and consequently will result in some figures having the wonky eyes.

I'm glad the body suit is less forming to the body, the joints don't show as much as on the proto, which was concerning.

"Hey, look over there!"

All jokes aside the sculpt really is pretty nice. And the outfit looks a lot better than I recall at SDCC!

I just HATE spending money on a "high end" 1/6 figure and then having to spend another $30-50 additional having the headsculpt repainted. It really torques my jaw, especially in this case because it's due to a simple dumb decision to have her eyes painted that way. :emperor

I guess Ilum Padma didn't rate an image thread of her own, like the other SW figures. I just got my shipping notice last night, and I always get nervous seeing these pictures larger-than-life on my monitor. I feel that the scale I see stuff in here though isn't representative of seeing things in person, and find I am always pleasantly surprised by what arrives at my doorstep.

Feel sick using reward points for this. I can't imagine how anyone who actually paid for it feels.

I just HATE spending money on a "high end" 1/6 figure and then having to spend another $30-50 additional having the headsculpt repainted. It really torques my jaw, especially in this case because it's due to a simple dumb decision to have her eyes painted that way. :emperor

Ya, I'm in the same camp as you on this figure. She's 90% a nice figure and I can't wait to get mine, but the fear that I may be sending her back if I don't get Trev and Dave's luck with the eyes is a bit unsettling, and the overall choice to pose the eyes when that wasn't even a part of the proto is unsettling. Like I've said, with Leia you knew it was coming from day one, so you either made your peace with it or didn't. With Padme, my only concern was the way the proto cloth hugged the body, particularly the abdominal joint, and that issue got resolved. I'd be super ecstatic over this figure if the eyes were straight like the prototype, the sculpt looks beautiful and the paint apps (aside from some people getting crooked eyes) look really nice, but the limitation of the eyes always bugs me. I thought it ruined/limited both of their Scarface figures, Leia, and now Padme.

Hey maybe the eyes and the arm length are some of those "Lucas Film" decisions that people like to throw around for excuses........:lol

Back