12" THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF by Distinctive Dummies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of those Majestic figures sell for big bucks now. Even Return of the Fly is getting good cash now...but not as much as the others. Phibes usually gets $150, the Dark Shadows Barnabas 1960's version is around that price too. Quentin and 1790's Barnabas rarely come up for sale on ebay, and they always go for $200 or more. Even Amok Time wanted this kinda cash for the Majestic figures. Those bad boys must be very low runs.:peace My debit card cried for mercy when the market was getting flooded with all this stuff, but I bought them all when released, because I had a feeling if I didnt get them then I wouldnt be able to afford to later. :thud:

Yeah they were the end of the line for Majestic.
At this point its not even that I want the entire figure. I'm ineterested in certain parts from them for other things I'm working on. :(

I think sometime after Baron Frankenstein, I would love to see a Cushing as Van Helsing. A bag with vampire killing accessories would be awesome too! If Van Helsing isnt in the works, then maybe a custom within a custom could be done to transform the Baron into Van Helsing,lol.:lol

I have a Hasbro Tarkin converted properly into a Van Helsing. I need to dig him out and put him in Giles suit, add some Buffy items... voila!

I wouldn't be surprise if you got your wish. With a custom figure line like Hammer, the possibilities for characters and variants are endless. I personally can't wait for Kharis, and Professor Petrie.

BTW, I just ordered my Werewolf and can't wait to display him next to Drac and the Creature. Though I am disappointed a bit of how Dracula's massive head makes the Werewolf's look tiny. Hopefully, they'll still look fine in person.

I wouldn't be surprise if you got your wish. With a custom figure line like Hammer, the possibilities for characters and variants are endless. I personally can't wait for Kharis, and Professor Petrie.

BTW, I just ordered my Werewolf and can't wait to display him next to Drac and the Creature. Though I am disappointed a bit of how Dracula's massive head makes the Werewolf's look tiny. Hopefully, they'll still look fine in person.

There is supposed to be some kind of process involving vinegar that customizers use to shrink melon headed figures's heads down. Might wanna google it and see if there is a method that you can use. Personally I have though about cutomizing mine with some blood on his lips and fangs.

A Van Helsing is on the list. He will accompany a Baron Meinster. I am still thinking about a Dracula too. But I may need a little foray into the Uni stable first

There is supposed to be some kind of process involving vinegar that customizers use to shrink melon headed figures's heads down. Might wanna google it and see if there is a method that you can use. Personally I have though about cutomizing mine with some blood on his lips and fangs.
Haven't heard of a vinegar way, but there are ways to do it with acetone and also a way with a product called Hydroshrink. There is also a Hydrospan for enlarging that might help the CotW head.
A Van Helsing is on the list. He will accompany a Baron Meinster. I am still thinking about a Dracula too. But I may need a little foray into the Uni stable first

Any chance of branching out of the Hammer camp into any of the other horror characters? It! The Terror would be great. :pray:

Apparently since Hammer has recently been re-bought, and the film library's distribution rights are all over the map, there isn't really anyone to license from. If there is, it's incredibly difficult to find. Hence, why there has been very little official Hammer merchandise in the past 50 years.

So, these are technically unlicensed customs, but they're also the only way we'll ever get figures of these characters.

Apparently since Hammer has recently been re-bought, and the film library's distribution rights are all over the map, there isn't really anyone to license from. If there is, it's incredibly difficult to find. Hence, why there has been very little official Hammer merchandise in the past 50 years.

So, these are technically unlicensed customs, but they're also the only way we'll ever get figures of these characters.

Indeed. So buy them!:wave:lol

I wouldn´t get it even if it was free...

well la dee dah.:wink1: Care to enlighten us as to why or did you just drop by to cyber urinate on those of us who are happy something is being done with the Hammer monsters for a change:lol?:monkey3. Of course, I have seen the items you have sculpted in another thread, and they are very VERY NICE. Maybe you think the sculpts could be better?

EDIT--if its because they arent licensed, then who cares? Half my collection consists of garage kits by Yagher, Bowen, Hill and many others. All unlicensed. As are the original one of a kind oil commissions. So if its a licensing thing, forget that. Now, feel free to elaborate. These are little more than clever customs (which would've been a better name than Distinctive Dummies,lol.). If others are paying folks hundreds to make them a custom figure of "the Monster that ate Manhattan" or whatever, why not shuck out a few clams for these customs?

Last edited:
Just got this in the mail yesterday, and honestly... I am very impressed! It is very sturdy, and the outfit, hair and sculpt all turned out great. None of the online pictures have done this figure any justice. In person, the head doesn't seem that small, and is more or less proportioned to the body. The figure itself is in perfect scale with the Curse of Frankenstein figure. There is nothing awkward about it on the shelf with his cousins.

My only compaint is that there are paint rubs on the nose and widow's peak. Nothing that can't be fixed, just something they should try to prevent on future figures. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier. I'm just very excited to finally have a figure of my all-time favorite Werewolf! Everything is so well-done, and aside from maybe having some more tears, grime and gore, there's not much that could be improved. I almost think I like it more than the Frankenstein Creature and that's saying alot.

I really can't understand the hate. In person, this is just as nice as the Frankenstein Creature, or any of Sideshow's earlier work. I've seen genuinely worse customs go for much more, and for hand made pieces of art, these are more than nice. Just remember flat lighting (or flash) a stiff pose and a boring backdrop can be the kiss of death for a good figure. If these were photographed by Hot Toys photographers, I think a lot of people would change their tune. I was never one to throw money at expensive customs, but I genuinely feel these Hammer figures are worth every penny. I wouldn't have them with my licensed Sideshow figures if I didn't think so.

Last edited:
Just got this in the mail yesterday, and honestly... I am very impressed! It is very sturdy, and the outfit, hair and sculpt all turned out great. None of the online pictures have done this figure any justice. In person, the head doesn't seem that small, and is more or less proportioned to the body. The figure itself is in perfect scale with the Curse of Frankenstein figure. There is nothing awkward about it on the shelf with his cousins.

My only compaint is that there are paint rubs on the nose and widow's peak. Nothing that can't be fixed, just something they should try to prevent on future figures. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier. I'm just very excited to finally have a figure of my all-time favorite Werewolf! Everything is so well-done, and aside from maybe having some more tears, grime and gore, there's not much that could be improved. I almost think I like it more than the Frankenstein Creature and that's saying alot.

I really can't understand the hate. In person, this is just as nice as the Frankenstein Creature, or any of Sideshow's earlier work. I've seen genuinely worse customs go for much more, and for hand made pieces of art, these are more than nice. Just remember flat lighting (or flash) a stiff pose and a boring backdrop can be the kiss of death for a good figure. If these were photographed by Hot Toys photographers, I think a lot of people would change their tune. I was never one to throw money at expensive customs, but I genuinely feel these Hammer figures are worth every penny. I wouldn't have them with my licensed Sideshow figures if I didn't think so.

Have you thought about bloodying yours up? Like this bust I have? I am seriously tempted. Just because the bloodletting was one of the things that made people cringe/run to theaters to see Hammer's offerings in the 1950's. Lee, Cushing, Blood, fangs........and push up bras.....:lol:peace

zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz......

WAKE UP!!!!!

Anything new on this front?
New characters forthcoming?

Back