12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow knocking off a years worth of dust on this thread! :lol

Was able to get Sr. fo a good price and a headplay sculpt. Messing with the coloring on the beard and adding some color and shade around the eyes.

The headplay sculpt is just odd. Stare at it dead on and there is no resemblance, yet off to the side or angled from below and Sir Connery seems to "show his face" so to speak.

I need to get a Medi bow tie and some good shoes, but very happy with the Sideshow offering given how old this figure is. The suit is actually quite good. I used a HT body and stuffed the midsection a little to give him a slight pudge. Perhaps some thigh pads would do good on the lower end as it is still a bit thin.

But overally really good piece.

DSC_0420_zpsb4035c7a.jpg

0f3534eb-5788-4641-a676-00a308cb2ecf_zps0626b89d.jpg

edbb9286-db50-419d-82f5-7c2aaac22b6e_zpse7f99f55.jpg

Remarkable likeness and cool umbrella. It one point someone made a real cloth hat that was killer but I don't think they're available anymore. If you could find someone who has one for sale it would be worth it.

Nice work. Love the umbrella too (those never did get very cheap... bummer.)

Still think the SSC Henry sculpt is king. As usual, the paint apps were pretty bad, but it just oozes Connery. That headplay is fine though - he's one of those guys who has glasses and hat to help the likeness, the reason I never repainted Toht.

Thanks! I agree totally on the SS headsculpt, I would like to try and pait it up to use. It is VERY good, my issue with it is how big the head is much like Jr's in the sideshow offerings. The umbrella is quite nice. Amazing how it actually functions just like a full size one.

Remarkable likeness and cool umbrella. It one point someone made a real cloth hat that was killer but I don't think they're available anymore. If you could find someone who has one for sale it would be worth it.

Thank you for the tip on the hat, I'll try to find a suitable one as well. It is a shame accessories for our "dollies" are so hard to find, like hunting little treasures.:lol

Ok, I've been going nuts trying to find a photo in this thread and now I'm not even sure it's the right thread. :)

Can anyone point me to a photo of a 1/6 Henry Jones Sr. with a wooden desk, his (Sideshow) accessories and a bunch of paperwork on the desk?

I'm interested in picking up a table/desk for my Jones Sr. shelf and trying to evaluate as many options as I can find - and there really aren't many at the moment.

I'm on my phone right now but had to say I really like that last photo. Very dramatic lighting. Is that sculpt repainted at all?

I have the medi version which I originally thought looked great in photos. In hand the body stinks and mine is now broken. Swapped out to a slim tt and it's a big improvement but I still really want to bash parts from the ssc version. The sculpt is decent in both, but when repainted the ssc is phenomenal.

Thanks!

It's just the standard Henry, no paint job!

The body's a little strange, it all seems quite loose except the left knee which won't bend at all!

Don't mind though, I'm just pleased to have him! :rock

Here's some up close

I am also thinking of upgrading my Henry figure.

Would a DAM body work?
Would the clothes still fit?

Sideshow heads are still bigger than Hot Toys, so maybe HT body does not make good proportions.

And would a longer neck be a good idea?

I am also thinking of upgrading my Henry figure.

Would a DAM body work?
Would the clothes still fit?

Sideshow heads are still bigger than Hot Toys, so maybe HT body does not make good proportions.

And would a longer neck be a good idea?

I've got a longer neck on mine. It looks great with the tie and buttoned up shirt (otherwise his neck looks a little stubby). ACI makes longer necks.

Well I tried a DAM body, but the clothes did not fit well.

So I decided to try a Hot Toys narrow body.

But had to use a long neck and the long foot pegs.

Had to change his white shirt also.

Now I like the posture.

Only thing I am missing is the Medicom necktie, given up that search, impossible to find loose.

Here a photo of my favourite of the Sideshow Indiana Jones line.

Back