12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 14 shot dead at movie theater

The 'why' over why this guy did this may never be answered

Maybe not. Won't really help much anyway. You would think with 6 billion people in the world that some of them can expertise in figuring out who/why people do this and see how it can be prevented. Not in a criminal justice sense, but in a social sense. Is there anything society can do to prevent people from even wanting to do this in the first place?

wow!

skiman is right,this guy's mind just snapped.

Yea I should of specified, internally... in the mind, not like get mad, yelling, causing a scene, etc...

He prolly just calmly walked in started and calmly walked out and sat in his car.

Ski

Maybe not. Won't really help much anyway. You would think with 6 billion people in the world that some of them can expertise in figuring out who/why people do this and see how it can be prevented. Not in a criminal justice sense, but in a social sense. Is there anything society can do to prevent people from even wanting to do this in the first place?

Phew!!!! :thud: You are alright!!! :1-1: :grouphug

Ski

Talk about a steaming pile of dog ____. He shot an infant at close range. Man that makes my ____ing blood boil!!!

There are some things in life that a persons should never have to picture in their mind.

That is one of them.

I can't picture it, if i try i look away, it almost makes me weep at the very thought. A person who could do that does not deserve another breath of life

Damn,always tragic to hear about these things.A guy targets people who weren't able to defend themselves is as low as you can go.Lock him up for life with the veterans that will make him cry like the little coward he is.

Allthough i don't think it's right for anyone to carry a gun,in these situations you really wish someone carried a gun to be able to defend themselves.
Like the internet cafe robbery last week in Florida,he possibly saved alot of lives.

Yea but in all honesty are you going to go into a theatre if some 40 year old guy has a 9mm strapped to his hip and keeps eyeing up all the 20 somethings and giving them dirty I have my eye on you looks.

People with good intentions can be just as insane and could always hit innocent people in the crossfire or be the cause of even more violence.

Even cops can cause this sort of thing, if a banks being robbed and they have no intention of using violence but then the cops surround them, now the cops are putting the hostages in equal danger instead of letting the robbers out with insured money and dealing with them later in a safer enviroment.

It's really a no win, the fact is when thins like the internet cafe vigilante go down, it's just dumb luck no one gets hurt.

Horrible, absolutely horrible. As a father of a 2 year old, I can't help but wonder if this event will still be running through my head when my daughter is old enough to go to the movies with her friends.

I find it odd that 2 of Nolan's Batman films will forever be associated with tragedy, first Ledger, now this.

1 will now be associated with a tragedy. Suicide is cowardice.

When I heard about the baby, all I wanted to do was bawl.

That was my first reaction. My second was WTF were the parents thinking bringing a baby to a midnite showing of this or any movie.

Whats wrong with this world....unbelievable.

"Everyone's going for the door and then everyone starts saying, 'no, he's going to shoot people going for the door,' and he did," she recalled. "They're trying to escape, and he shot those people as well."

Wow, sounds like a real life Inglorious Basterds. How horrifying. A real shame that the media has to release this bastard's name. Now he'll be forever linked to this movie.

1 will now be associated with a tragedy. Suicide is cowardice.

That was my first reaction. My second was WTF were the parents thinking bringing a baby to a midnite showing of this or any movie.

Not just ledger's death, people dressed up like Joker to commit crimes during the movie's theatre run. One man dressed like Ledger's Joker murdered an entire ward full of new borns. Add to that the Rotten Tomatoes death threats and you have a serious problem imo.

It seems Nolan's visions and changes to characters are inspiring alot of hatred and dispicable copy cats. I've been saying all along Nolan likely wants out of this Batman ____ because the fans are completely insane.

Yea but in all honesty are you going to go into a theatre if some 40 year old guy has a 9mm strapped to his hip and keeps eyeing up all the 20 somethings and giving them dirty I have my eye on you looks.

People with good intentions can be just as insane and could always hit innocent people in the crossfire or be the cause of even more violence.

Even cops can cause this sort of thing, if a banks being robbed and they have no intention of using violence but then the cops surround them, now the cops are putting the hostages in equal danger instead of letting the robbers out with insured money and dealing with them later in a safer enviroment.

It's really a no win, the fact is when thins like the internet cafe vigilante go down, it's just dumb luck no one gets hurt.

:goodpost:

The internet cafe incident made me think, although these guys went in their with weapons they may have been bluffing, letting them grab the money and leave is better than risking lives in a crossfire

Not just ledger's death, people dressed up like Joker to commit crimes during the movie's theatre run. One man dressed like Ledger's Joker murdered an entire ward full of new borns. Add to that the Rotten Tomatoes death threats and you have a serious problem imo.

It seems Nolan's visions and changes to characters are inspiring alot of hatred and dispicable copy cats. I've been saying all along Nolan likely wants out of this Batman ____ because the fans are completely insane.

I feel bad for Nolan as well.

I'd be heartbroken if my film was involved in this. And I'd do whatever I could to ease the pain.

Even if it meant personally going to every family member and talking with them.

I never heard about these. Got any links?

Just read something about this dude's mother immediately calling the cops after she heard the news because she knew her son was the shooter. WTF? I gotta believe I'd be looking into what ma'dukes knew and why know one else did.

edit:

A San Diego woman who identified herself as James Holmes' mother told ABC News she had awoken unaware of the shooting and had not yet been contacted by authorities. She immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved.

"You have the right person," she said, apparently speaking on gut instinct. "I need to call the police... I need to fly out to Colorado."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back