12" Moses-Men of Faith Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just goes to show you that companies don't need to charge $200 for a decent figure.

It looks okay, but you aren't seriously comparing it to an HT like Barney Ross?

Moses is public domain too - so no licensing fees.

Moses is public domain too - so no licensing fees.
Sure, no fees for the character itself, but this is no generic Moses as interpreted by the toy makers. They obviously used the likeness of Heston from the Ten Commandments (not just the head, but the outfit and accessories are also very close to the film version).

I guarantee you from a business perspective that modeling this after Heston was a smart move. It appeals both to religious folks, and to movie collectors, like myself. Whereas a "historically accurate" 80 year old middle-eastern guy that's presumably Moses would be grossly out of place in my figure collection....
tb_jesuslead-lg-mdn.jpg

That was a model of what they believe Jesus to have looked like, not Moses. It was a pretty cool show when it aired.

I know. It's just a famous example of what a random person from that time and place would have looked like. Since it wasn't necessarily Jesus himself, I figure it could probably apply to Moses as well.

No not at all. Just saying it's possible to make these things affordable.

$ide$how proved that when they were charging $45-$50 when their 1:6 figures were coming out a few years ago. They had several lines of different figs and all of them were in the $40-$50 range.

Then $ide$how got popular....

I'm sure the body is not new, either. And surely less administrative overhead/marketing expenditures/QC concerns when you're a smaller company doing unlicensed figures. I'm sure there are other factors.

$ide$how proved that when they were charging $45-$50 when their 1:6 figures were coming out a few years ago. They had several lines of different figs and all of them were in the $40-$50 range.

Then $ide$how got popular....

*SIGH*... I miss the Sideshow that got me into 1/6th scale collecting.

I'm totally gonna customize the tablets to look like the DeMille ones... it's a TEN COMMANDMENTS figure!!!

Coolness, right?!?!
-r.

Yeah, the tablets are a bummer, they give the figure a real plasticky feel. The fabric looks to be the velvety kind of fabric like on King Leo's cape - would've liked to have seen a more rough material for Moses.

Still, sculpt is good, body appears solid and the price is good too. Wonder how big the production run is?

Got Word that Jesus is in proto stage and will likely be shown/finished by the end of Summer

attachment.php

got to agree. the base looks pooey. he looks like he has some stick rammed up his bum.:lol

The base looks better in person and it no different than any other bases out there...(even better than what Sideshow offer's) and the stick behind him is what holds the figure in place and does it quite well(the figure sits on the curved holder).....if Sideshow were selling this figure it would be a $120 figure easily

Back