12" Moses-Men of Faith Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the line is "Men of Faith" being done by a Christian company, I don't forsee them making figures of the one who betrayed Christ, or the one who washed his hands of him.

Starting with Moses, would Noah be next? (I think they skipped Adam due to lack of accessories) Just surprised they wouldn't have tested the waters with Jesus. But cool, and I hope this line does well.

Men of Faith Lineup

1.Moses (available now)
2.Jesus Christ (Scheduled end of Summer)
3.Apostle Paul (to be announced)

if these are a hit...other 'Biblical' Men Follow

At first the idea of villainous characters didn't seem so unreasonable but after further thought it would surely be quite ridiculous. You go to a religious store and there's aisles of Jesus statues and Mary and whatnot, you never see a row of little statues of Satan for sale. If they've found no reason to mass-produce judas statues and so forth by this time, it doesn't make a lot of sense why now such a company would start making judas toys. I think the key is that in this case these figures/statues/etc are meant to be a celebration of the subject, not merely just an attempt to represent all the players in a story.

I mean, really, if you went to some old man's house, all very simple, and saw a statue of Jesus by his table and on the mantlepiece a statue of Satan, you wouldn't think that very odd?
Yeah, I guess I can also see the other side, though--these are "action figures." And if they're being marketed to kids in some measure, well, it's fun to have good guys beating up bad guys. The good apostles can whoop up on the bad one, etc. "Take that, you no good Judas! Pow!!"

Judas was not a "bad" guy,he was an apostle who God who foreknew that was chosen to betray the Son of God to make way for Christ to come to the Cross, to shed his Blood, and put the payment in place...it wasnt like he was some devious Villain out to create chaos for Jesus...Judas(who was likely possessed at that time to complete God's mission) even repented of what he did and then hung himself

I think Judas had a more militant vision of what Christ's mission was and tried to force Jesus' hand by having him arrested. When Jesus reacted the way he did, I believe Judas realized that Jesus was going to let himself be taken, tried, and crucified and this must have caused him great anguish.

Yeah, I guess I can also see the other side, though--these are "action figures." And if they're being marketed to kids in some measure, well, it's fun to have good guys beating up bad guys. The good apostles can whoop up on the bad one, etc. "Take that, you no good Judas! Pow!!"

Actually I could see some people wanting to army build Phillistines if they ever make a Samson figure. :D

Actually I could see some people wanting to army build Phillistines if they ever make a Samson figure. :D
Though as Teemu says, there are not many clear, black and white "bad guys" in the bible, the easiest route for a bad guy foil would seem to me to be "angry villager" of some sort. Lord knows there were lots of knuckleheads tossing rocks at people and whatnot back in those days.

Are they gonna release Satan. He would be the only one worth getting.
He'd look awesome with my slayer memorabilia

Though as Teemu says, there are not many clear, black and white "bad guys" in the bible, the easiest route for a bad guy foil would seem to me to be "angry villager" of some sort. Lord knows there were lots of knuckleheads tossing rocks at people and whatnot back in those days.

Sure,There are wicked Men! but it doesnt get any more clearer than Satan himself!

Why do some people think this line calls for villains, "bad guys"

Its called "Men of Faith"....Bad guys dont have Faith in God,they dont want God...so why would Evil be brought into a line about men of Goodness and Faith?

I thought christians would not be allowed to have figures other than Jesus. False idols and all that

Because the world finds evil more facinating and attractive. You know this.

Yeah I know...I know you and I definitely look at things of this particular subject in a whole different light than most others

Back