12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2117_press04-001.jpg

I hate to say this, but the new sculpt makes this one look... :monkey3

Wow - this is not what I was expecting....it is so MUCH MORE!!!!!! Obi Wan with Armor just gave me a geekgasm the likes of which has not been seen outside of a Meg Ryan movie.....Off to get unfiltered camels to enjoy the afterglow!

Seriously, that thing is beautiful - probably $125-beautiful, but that seems fair to charge Hot Toys prices when you have Hot Toys quality! Suck this Medicom fans!!!!!! (just kidding, I own Medicoms)

Until now, I have been kinda disappointed by Toy Fair from many companies aside from the occasional cool piece from SS, or 7" from neca....BUT this is AWESOME!!!!

Now, I really want to see Armored Vader at SDCC!

So badass!!!! Man I cann't believe this! I never would've thought they'd make this one!!! Now it seems like anything's possible!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a higher price point, but he already looks fantastic. If a basic figure like Luke will be around $70 shipped, I can see this easily being priced like Gandalf. This is great news, and I will be glad to not have to read poo-pooing posts like: "Sideshow can't make armor"

Looking forward to additional clones, stormtroopers, bounty hunters, and the like!

I want to look up all those quotes of everyone who said SSC was afraid to do armor.

I do have one question for the armored fiends:
Was it worth the wait or not?

Holy ****.

Price will not matter. I will have this.

(please don't let it be TOO much. I'll pay $120 at most. We're going into Medicom quality here.)

Ws the armor worth the wait? Judging by the fact that it's uh, perfect, yes, it was.

This is awesome! Now I really feel like an idiot for keeping my Gentle Giant Clone Wars Ugly Wan figure. I think the time has come for a replacement.

Have to say I see Ewan Mcgregor in the above more than the below...

While that may be true, I was referring to the realism of the sculpt. The original looks almost "toy like" (and yes, I know it IS a toy) beside the more realistic Clone armor Obi... and that probably is because of the paint job.

2175_press06-001.jpg
I think this angle captures more of McGregor but Andy's ROTS Obi Wan is so good I don't think anything can actually 'blow it away'.

There is no way this is under $100.

Honestly, $125 seems about right give all new body, different plastic, armor.....Again, I am personally cool to pay that money for this level of quality.

This does need to have the separate Clone Helmet too!

I must say that the Clone armor on this figure looks significantly less toyish than that of Medicom's.

I almost feel sorry for chavez and the other Medi Swingers. How will they spin this? :lol

As someone who once got labeled the "Anti Josh" here's my thoughts,
Frankly I think Medicom are screwed.
I used to be a big defender of them but not any more. SSC have raised their game in a big way and I'll give them credit for doing so. Medicom have shown no desire whatsoever to expand their SW range and as a result the line has gotten stale. As critical as I was of SSC I always said I'd take another look were the quality to improve and ANH Obi-Wan was the figure that really got my attention. I'm not a huge fan of armored characters but if this Obi-Wan is anything to go by I'm intrested to see how the Stormtoopers and Fetts turn out and am already considering selling my Medicom versions. As for the all important price I think providing the production piece is as good it will be worth the same kind of price as a Hot Toys or Medicom figure,if anything it'll be better value for money than most Medicom figures as there'll be more accessories and a decent likeness.

Last edited:
While that may be true, I was referring to the realism of the sculpt. The original looks almost "toy like" (and yes, I know it IS a toy) beside the more realistic Clone armor Obi...

I dont know that much if anything about EU SW

Ive seen and have the clone wars animated stuff

Seen the new trailer

Was the sculptor trying to emulate Ewan or was he going for . . .

something else ?

If so what ?

BOOM!!!!!

Know what that was?

The sound of my mind being blown - look at that sculpt.....

:google

AOTC 'proper' Obi can't be too far away can it?

$89.99 - EASY!

This is great! It's like there's no limit now. Armor opens up all kinds of doors!!! Almost can't believe this is real. If he comes with the helmet then that Medi. Ep.II Clone will NEVVER sell!

Back