12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why so many people seem so excited about this figure. The sculpt is awful. It doesn't look like Ewan at all.

All a matter of perspective I suppose. I totally see Ewan and love the sculpt.

I think most are excited because A) it marks the start to SSC armored figures, something longe desired, B) this appearance of Obi-Wan has developed a cult following and is quite poplure, C) many people pre-ordered the GG maquette expecting a relistic Obi-Wan in armor and they totally botched it so this is a sigh of relief, and D) the new SSC body is going into play.

That said, here's a graphic I worked up in my joy over this figure, as a big Obi-Wan fan. I hate using SSC stock images because for one thing, it's someone else's photography and as a photographer I don't feel right doing it, but what choice have I right now, but also because I'm stuck with poses and can't arrange ones that fit for a composition.

obi_collage.jpg

I don't think it looks that much like ewan either.But i still think it looks great.(i still see kenobi)

I don't see anything inherently better about this armor over the Medicom.

It won't be evident until you get it in hand.

Owning Medicom armored figures and Hot Toys armored figures, the difference is quite clear when you can get your hands on it.

I'm almost certain HT's armor is ABS like Sideshow is using, and it's stiffer and feels more armor like than Medicom's vinyl.

I believe the shoulder armor for SSC Leia Boushh is the ABS plastic and that has things going on with colors/paint that isn't evident in images but you can take in when you see it up close and personal.

My God... I was busy all day and come home to this! Woot! Now THIS puts some excitement back in the game....

Nice job, Sideshow. Seriously A++ (as long as it isn't $240!!!)

I think most are excited because A) it marks the start to SSC armored figures, something longe desired, B) this appearance of Obi-Wan has developed a cult following and is quite poplure, C) many people pre-ordered the GG maquette expecting a relistic Obi-Wan in armor and they totally botched it so this is a sigh of relief, and D) the new SSC body is going into play.

That said, here's a graphic I worked up in my joy over this figure, as a big Obi-Wan fan. I hate using SSC stock images because for one thing, it's someone else's photography and as a photographer I don't feel right doing it, but what choice have I right now, but also because I'm stuck with poses and can't arrange ones that fit for a composition.

obi_collage.jpg
Didn't you get really upset when someone used and manipulated your photos without your permission? :monkey3

Didn't you get upset when someone used and manipulated your photos without your permission? :monkey3

People have borrowed my photos and played, that wasn't what got me, I had made an artwork with a photo and that's what got me, not borrowing my work to make something but taking something I made and seemingly trying to make it better cuz it wasn't good enough.

I gotta say, I'm not much for non-movie characters when it comes to my collection...but this figure is just so awesome looking, the more I look, the more I like it. And given it's fantastic real-life sculpt, it really makes me wish they had this look for Obi in one of the films.

I'm still on the fence about getting into the CW line -- I just cancelled Padme and I'm kinda bummed about it -- but this figure is really starting to hook me.

Is there no end to Star Wars madness? :banghead

People have borrowed my photos and played, that wasn't what got me, I had made an artwork with a photo and that's what got me, not borrowing my work to make something but taking something I made and seemingly trying to make it better cuz it wasn't good enough.

Art is subjective.

I gotta say, I'm not much for non-movie characters when it comes to my collection...but this figure is just so awesome looking, the more I look, the more I like it. And given it's fantastic real-life sculpt, it really makes me wish they had this look for Obi in one of the films.

I'm still on the fence about getting into the CW line -- I just cancelled Padme and I'm kinda bummed about it -- but this figure is really starting to hook me.

Is there no end to Star Wars madness? :banghead

I would be selective with CW. Some characters just lend well to a realistic translation. This Obi-Wan wasn't anything cartoony at all, Obi-Wan in Clone gear, no sweat to look fine realistically done. Asajj's outfit wasn't overly cartoony, so very easily translated. Padme just suffered from an outfit that doesn't lend itself to successful real-world translation, at least not her snow-bunny outfit. Perhaps something better will come with this new CW show and they can take a stab at CW Padme again.

Yeah it's a great sculpt. I can see were some people can't see Ewan in it, but I thinks it's the paint more than the sculpt.
People get those two things mixed up way too much.:rolleyes:

Perhaps something better will come with this new CW show and they can take a stab at CW Padme again.

Yeah, the Arena Padme'! :lol

Art is subjective.

That's fine, but the point was, no one walks into a museum, takes the Mona Lisa off a wall and makes it how they feel it should be, they do something fresh from their perspective, even same subject, but they do it from the ground up truly making it their own.

Back