12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's nice to see that Star Wars fans don't have to complain about everything.

I don't think they've said that the helmet will come with him, but since some asked about helmet fitting over the head I wanted to point out that they've said that any figure that includes a helmet and a portrait will have swapable heads (like Leia Boussh) instead of a removeable helmet.

And I have it on good authority that the body for armored figures is designed specifically for that and isn't the same body that a standard newer figure will have.

While I'm not a huge Clone Wars fan - I really like this look for Obi-wan - you can never have too many Obi's. Like Trevor said, there isn't a character that says "Star Wars" more than him.

Well it's nice to see that Star Wars fans don't have to complain about everything.

I don't think they've said that the helmet will come with him, but since some asked about helmet fitting over the head I wanted to point out that they've said that any figure that includes a helmet and a portrait will have swapable heads (like Leia Boussh) instead of a removeable helmet.

And I have it on good authority that the body for armored figures is designed specifically for that and isn't the same body that a standard newer figure will have.

While I'm not a huge Clone Wars fan - I really like this look for Obi-wan - you can never have too many Obi's. Like Trevor said, there isn't a character that says "Star Wars" more than him.

Great post Dave, and thanks for the clarification on the body. I figured if it were standard they wouldn't have worded it that way. And with what looks like an HT styled neck adapter, head swapping should be easier than with the Boushh Leia so possibilities really open up.

Seriously - Im thinking of getting him just to make a nice EP2 Obiwan because the sculpt kicks a@!.

It's nice to see we're all agreeing this figure is great. It's bringing us all together!

Now imagine that body and body glove but with C-3po plates instead of armor!!! Ahhh... just nerd blanked myself. :monkey2

It's nice to see we're all agreeing this figure is great. It's bringing us all together!

Well it's a long awaited day. It's our first armored character (many were speculating it would be another year before we saw one), and it's quite possibly the best Ewan sculpt I've ever seen (mad props Trev).

I want to see how poseable this figure is before I start sucking SS's teet again though.

Ahhh, the true power of this figure revealed.

As for your plan, you may not be able to put old figures on the new body, until we see the mechanics of the new body, there's no telling if conversion is possible.

I hope that conversion to the new bodies will be possible but if not then it's no big deal. As for my jumping ship,I think SSC's stepping up their game has come at a good time for me, I was tired of Medicoms lack of variety with their SW line and not being intrested in SSC's at the time was starting to question whether I should continue collecting 1/6 figures at all (SW is my main intrest). Then ANH Obi-Wan came along and really suprised me how good it was. I decided to buy it and was a lot more pleased with it than with any of the other SSC figures I'd bought in the past and as a result of that I became more open to buying future figures. The news of new bodies was even more encouraging as that was one of the major issues I had with the figures in the first place and today's revelation of an armored figure that appears to be superior to Medicoms really sealed the deal. I won't be buying every single figure and if I think something sucks I'll still say so but the time when I'll defend a Medicom product to the death is over. Maybe now I'll get a Jango Fett that's got a proper unmasked likeness.

Fantasic looking piece. But its gonna cost $90 or $100, which will be the same price as the new Indiana Jones figure which is going to be announced tomorrow.

Ok fine with me. This piece is gonna be worth it and Indy will only cost me about $15-20 bucks.

Was she in Busty Cops?
LOL
:chew

Yes she was. :)

Back