1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

It was a lot worse with the Threezero Jesse delays and people flipped out then too. Jesse was over a year from preorder - and that's a more established company. They took money up front too and no one was crying for freebies. I think this is officially where I give up trying to put minds at rest. People can moan all they like, I'm looking forward to this and in no way feel 1000Toys owe me anything more than I've paid for.

"flipped out", "crying", "moan" -- all inflammatory words.

"I give up trying to put minds at rest." -- Please and thank you.

All opinions welcome. No one should be made to feel small just because they expect both parties to hold up their ends of an agreement.

Some folks have grown accustomed to poor treatment in the 1/6 arena. It doesn't mean the rest of us should accept it. :clap

All opinions welcome. No one should be made to feel small just because they expect both parties to hold up their ends of an agreement.

Some folks have grown accustomed to poor treatment in the 1/6 arena. It doesn't mean the rest of us should accept it. :clap

Inflammatory? Grow up, mate.

You're right, all opinions are welcome, so accept mine and jog on.

Now look who's inflammatory? :lol Quite the opposite, actually.

I was genuinely not meaning to make anyone feel small. That's not what I mean at all and not what I'm about. I was honestly trying to put minds at rest and calm people down as this happens so often. Perhaps you should reread my posts with a level head.

Some people take (and have taken) my comments the way they're intended.

-- Please and thank you.

Wow. Let me bow down to your holier than thou attitude. :lol I suggest you take your own advise.

Great second post there buddy, and welcome to the forum :wave

Last edited:

Also, unlike the competition, 1000toys required payment up front.

Every 1/6 figure company requires some form of payment up front for pre-orders made directly from them. Even Hot Toys via their stores/partners in Hong Kong require a non-refundable deposit.

With 2 posts to your credit I can't help but think this is an axe-grinding/shill account. The content of the posts in here only lend credence to that hypothesis.

The next time you think to use the word "should not" reflect back to the time when you last produced exactly the subject you're commenting about.

tumblr_nl93kgJPOq1sj3oxho1_400.gif
:lol

They actually have the preorder for the 1/12 up at HLJ too. Might preorder one there, since HLJ doesn't require payment up front and lets me cancel anytime.

They actually have the preorder for the 1/12 up at HLJ too. Might preorder one there, since HLJ doesn't require payment up front and lets me cancel anytime.

Yeah, that's weird. I didn't think they'd be available from anywhere else. They're up on HLJ, anime-export, amiami, and I would assume most of the other Japan sites. I wonder if they'll be available on BBTS (at a non-inflated price). Kind of makes me wish I ordered from some place other than 1000toys site.

Does HLJ add shipping? Do they work out at $65 delivered?

I ordered one direct. Wasn't going to, but then I thought they'd look good displayed together 1/6 with 1/12.

Never imagined they'd be available elsewhere.

It's probably more for shipping if you don't use HLJ's warehouse shipping. If you have a larger order, they force you into using EMS (while if you just order a little you can use SAL). And it's always iffy with the exchange rate. Those of you who are buying direct probably will get it cheaper! I'm willing to pay extra just in case I don't like the 1/6.

This is a tight knit online community here. I stepped on some toes with my input. Sorry about that.

I am new here, and I truly am not looking for a flame war.

The only reason I wrote in originally is because I felt bad for the few people who expressed unhappiness about this second delay. I am unhappy about it too.

I honestly think many of us have grown accustomed to delays in the 1/6 market and accept it, while in any other market, we would probably expect better. For example, if I ordered new siding for my house or even a new car, I'd be pretty disappointed if the mfr kept telling me it was delayed by another month.

That's all I wanted to say. I was glad to find this forum because I think it beats the 1000toys Facebook page for sharing our excitement (and disappointment for some) over this long-desired figure.

Is anyone else curious for more information about the 1/12 version? I know 1000toys said it is not just a scaled-down version of the 1/6 figure. I would certainly like to know specifics! :dunno

This is a tight knit online community here. I stepped on some toes with my input. Sorry about that.

I am new here, and I truly am not looking for a flame war.

The only reason I wrote in originally is because I felt bad for the few people who expressed unhappiness about this second delay. I am unhappy about it too.

Opinions are what this place is all about. Express what you want.

But you can't attack people directly, like you did to me. It was sarcastic, rude, and unfair. Not to mention the fact that you were behaving worse than what you were having the nerve to accuse me of. :dunno

People will jump back on you when they spot that kind of unfair behavior. Unnecessary rudeness is one of the things that makes this forum hard sometimes.

However, it's big of you to apologize openly - a lot or people don't - so, as far as I'm concerned, the matter is dropped.

It's probably more for shipping if you don't use HLJ's warehouse shipping. If you have a larger order, they force you into using EMS (while if you just order a little you can use SAL). And it's always iffy with the exchange rate. Those of you who are buying direct probably will get it cheaper! I'm willing to pay extra just in case I don't like the 1/6.

That's a good idea. I should've held off ordering. Oh, well. I'm confident their quality will be good, but only time will tell.

I'm glad 1000toys' products are showing up in other stores. Feels like they're making the jump from tiny niche company to being more mainstream.

Blankfreak, first off, welcome to the forum! Second, I think they said that they were making parts specifically for the 1/12, not just scaling down the 1/6. I don't think it's supposed to be visually different, though.

The upcoming mech line, Izmojuki, at NYCC:

IMG_20161007_123424.jpg
IMG_20161007_123437.jpg
IMG_20161007_123524_1.jpg

These guys were huge! The bipedal robot in the first photo looked about 15" tall if not a little bigger.

Is the manga any good? Worth reading?

Cause I just ordered my 1/12s, I'm glad they went up on HLJ.

The figures aren't based on any manga by Tsutomu Nihei. They're just based off of his designs. He has three series translated so far: Blame!, Biomega, and Knights of Sidonia. They're all great in their own way. Dark Horse is republishing Blame! in these phone book sized volumes, that's the way to go as it really showcases his art. In all his series, there's this company called Toha Heavy Industries. He will also have a cyborg bear character in nearly all his series (they're not the same character though). Tsutomu Nihei also drew a Wolverine miniseries for Marvel called Snikt! but it's hard to find that at a good price in English.

Some thoughts:
- They had never said that the re-release was going to be made in Japan. That alone makes the delay tolerable. Had I known, I would have ordered one myself.
- If you missed it, don't worry too much. So far, all figures being released use the same synthetic human body, just variations in skull, gloves, limbs, accessories, faces, and outfits.
- Finally, I am trying like crazy to avoid the 1/12 line - I'm scared it will pull me into the Izmojuki robots line, which is also 1/12 scale!!! Try escaping out of that rabbit hole! It's good HLJ and Amiami are carrying these now, as 1000toys insists on using DHL (which I hate because of automatic duties and taxes). Shipping will be better from these other online stores, at least there's a chance the post office will let you off the hook.

synthetic humans are mentioned in his mangas tho, and toa heavy industries so even tho they arent exact to a specific manga character its close, Zoichi Kanoe is a synthetic human in biomega. easy to imagine that when he was created before we see him in manga he looked like the bare synth body via 1000toys. many character designs in the mangas look like the anti-carbs and Kotko genetic camo via 1000toys looks alot like Killy from blame!

GasparZizou read blame! and biomgea asap. blame! is one of the best mangas i have ever read, that first volume is insanely good. so lil dialogue yet so much story telling.

synthetic humans are mentioned in his mangas tho, and toa heavy industries so even tho they arent exact to a specific manga character its close, Zoichi Kanoe is a synthetic human in biomega. easy to imagine that when he was created before we see him in manga he looked like the bare synth body via 1000toys. many character designs in the mangas look like the anti-carbs and Kotko genetic camo via 1000toys looks alot like Killy from blame!

GasparZizou read blame! and biomgea asap. blame! is one of the best mangas i have ever read, that first volume is insanely good. so lil dialogue yet so much story telling.

I have to admit, I have zero knowledge of the history behind these synthetic humans. I just came across them about two years ago randomly, loved the look, and searched up some reviews where people just gushed over them.

Ever since, I have wanted one or two to act as robo-servants in my other 1/6 figure displays. Like in that Will Smith movie.

Like in that Will Smith movie.

I was thinking about using the chair and desk from my DX11 Joker to try and emulate the "I did not murder him!" scene when my synthetic human arrives. I'm the same in that I didn't know the history behind them either. I actually ordered one before I found out they were derived from manga, just love android/cyberpunk stuff. Now I plan to give them a read one day.

Back