10 SW 12" in 2006?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sure of it! I knew that I had heard right when I listen to that podcast a while back... They said they wanted to release about ten figures this year!

As for the Sideshow variant, I hope we can order on-line on the website like we could last year... There is no way I can physically attend comic-con.

If it is "Sith Eyes Anakin", it will be a must have for me! However, I would pass on a "Smiling Kit Fisto".

So we have four figures left to be announced... If we count the variant as one and "Padme" in her snowsuit from the EU, then that only leaves two more figures to be annouced.

I'm hoping for a "Cloud City/Bespin Leia" and maybe a "Darth Sideious" from Ep III or VI.

They said the Kit Fisto at TF was 80% production and Obi/Anakin were 50%, Just because Anakin was the 2nd to order, does that mean he'll be the 2nd character we get? They have to have the SDCC exclusive ready well before SDCC. I think a smiling Kit would work since they were already going in that direction for the exclusive.

I can't believe he was almost the exclusive. The exclusive version sold out in like 30 minutes.

GSRJedi said:
If the characters done in PF won't be done for a while in 1/6, the question is will the characters done as 1/1 busts be held back as well?

I doubt it. The busts are so different from the action figures. I think that Maul has to be a high priority in both the 1/4 and the 1/6 lines. He is one of those great characters that are both very popular and visually interesting. He will make a terrific PF and a great action figure as well.

Any Maul they put out will mean instant sales, and nobody will be complaining because they just bought a Maul bust and now Sideshow is taking their money for another item. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those who bought the bust are just dying to give up some more money for a full bodied figure.

10 to ship this year-- that's great news! And I think sith eyes Anakin is a lock for the SDCC exclusive - different enough to be cool, yet not different enough to piss everyone off. Hopefully they'll do his hair or expression a bit different too.

Funny, I never was a big prequel fan, but SSC is pulling me back in to the whole SW fervor thing.

Yeah, I expect Maul will come soon as they know the power of Maul. :D

I'm totally down with a Sith Eyes Anakin. I love that look on him in the movies so a figure would be just as sweet. :D

I actually think a smiley Kit from AotC is more likey. First off, they were orignially planning for it to be him. At Toyfair, he was already 80% done where as Anakin was only 50%. All they would need to change on Kit would obviously resculpt his face. Of course Anakin would likely just be a repaint.

So, I guess it will either be Smiley Kit or Sith Eyes Anakin.

I don't think we are gonna get another Kit. That actually would be an exclusive I'd probably pass on and I would expect would be met with less enthusiasim than the other SW figs. While I ordered Kit he isn't a character I'd want to spend more money on. I'd rather spend more money for another Anakin even though it would basically be just a repaint.

I don't see them resculpting a face when simple eyepaint would be easier and I guess more popular with Anakin.

And Anakin with Sith eyes is no big deal to me, a pass for sure unless he comes with other items. Maybe that little lava droid he rode when sparing with OB1.

I can't go the the con... and if the Exclusive is Sith eyes Ani.. and I can't get one... I'm quiting SS SW 12"er's and will cancel all my pre-orders!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

creature4000 said:
I can't go the the con... and if the Exclusive is Sith eyes Ani.. and I can't get one... I'm quiting SS SW 12"er's and will cancel all my pre-orders!!!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

sure :p :D :peace

creature4000 said:

over some painted eyes? Bust out some testors yellow and red and go to town on a regular Anakin.

Even the regular Anakin is selling for over a hundred bucks on ebay right now, so I would sign up for the waitlist if you are looking to modify one. I signed onto the waitlist for this, and hope to do sith eyes, with the teardrop thing(clear gloss acrylic maybe?) 'Cause i think that crybaby anakin should have a crybaby doll:rolleyes:

My guess for the SDCC Exclusive is Mustafar(sp?) Battle Obi-Wan & Anakin(w/Sith Eyes) with the singed holes from the lava in the outfits. Who said there has to be only one Exclusive? :D

I thought I read that Ani wore two different robes throughout ROTS. If this is the Darth Vader Ani, shouldn't he come with a darker robe than his Jedi version? Or am I :confused: again?

EVILFACE said:
I don't see them resculpting a face when simple eyepaint would be easier and I guess more popular with Anakin.

And Anakin with Sith eyes is no big deal to me, a pass for sure unless he comes with other items. Maybe that little lava droid he rode when sparing with OB1.

They said they were going to do Kit from the begining, which would have been a new sculpt. Whose to say they just don't alter the face a bit and have an AotC Smile Kit? The thing that makes me think it might be him is because his figure is already 80% done and Toyfair and Ani and Obi were 50%.

Kit is such a non important characters in the movies why would they want to take the time and money just to change his mouth. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Mace, or Han are more important and would make more sense to do a remake on for SDCC. I really would be shocked at Kit coming around again.

jlcmsu said:
Kit is such a non important characters in the movies why would they want to take the time and money just to change his mouth. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Mace, or Han are more important and would make more sense to do a remake on for SDCC. I really would be shocked at Kit coming around again.

Well the SDCC figure shouldn't be important. Not everyone can go, so why make a "must have" figure? Kit obiviously feel in this category as they were originally going to have him be it. I'm not saying it couldn't be a Sith Eyes Anakin, but another Kit would't upset collectors as much as Sith Eyes Anakin. Either way, I want every figure even if it is a repaint or resculpted one.

Back