1/6th tusken raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhhh!!! one of the coolest figures, in my opinion, and a you did a great job. Agree that the head is a big wobbly but overall i think you did one heck of a job!

ahhhhh!!! one of the coolest figures, in my opinion, and a you did a great job. Agree that the head is a big wobbly but overall i think you did one heck of a job!

thanks so much. & i agree about one of the coolest figures, very much a mystery in the movie. when i rework the new headsculpt i will update.

i finally got around to re-working the head of the tusken raider. the original was a bit too bulky. so what i did was cut around the face area and glued to a blank hasbro snowtrooper head. same with the head spikes. then added some cloth strips. i didn't use as much glue this time as to leave the look & feel of the cloth. then just added a greenish pastel powder. i think it looks a bit better. i also fixed the wire to the respirator/moisture collector (???) thing.
tr.jpg

tr1.jpg

tr2.jpg

tr3.jpg

tr4.jpg

tr5.jpg

thanks guys.
im not real sure of the pouches dorgmal, i order so much from different websites its hard to keep up with. i think they came from monkey depot. i was looking for something cloth & searched for "cloth pouches" or "ammo pouches" & ran across what i thought would work. i should really start writing down this stuff or keep my invoice of parts in a folder & what it's for.

Nice Tusken Barryo! Makes me want to do one... but I'm so far behind on all my projects... by the time I'm finished with the "Clone phase," you guys will have moved past the "Tusken phase" into the "Chewbacca Phase" (already starting, I see)... what'll be after that?

Perhaps some sort of "Sy Snootles phase"
rl9xzp.jpg

:dunno

things move so fast around here it's hard to catch up...

thanks tdp......:D

well i cant leave well enough alone i suppose. after looking at the pictures something still just wasnt right. in person it wasnt as prominent but the pics showed a lack of fill around some parts of the head region.......sooooooooooo..........another amendment to the tusken.
tr6.jpg

tr7.jpg

i think it has a fuller/rounder look that is a little more accurate. i just got another hasbro tusker in the mail today. tusken raiders are a relatively easy bash & if anyone is interested i'll take more pics of the process in making one.

Barryo, I think you've really nailed the tusken now, it looks awesome. I'm only starting out and I was thinkin' where better to start than a tusken raider, I'd love to see pics of the process.

Barryo, I think you've really nailed the tusken now, it looks awesome. I'm only starting out and I was thinkin' where better to start than a tusken raider, I'd love to see pics of the process.
thanks, i will post a few pics of what i used & how i did it.
That's a pretty sweet lineup! Got any others?

And count me in for some WIP pics. I'd love to see them.
as far as star wars bash/customs go, thats about it, the tusken, the snowtrooper, & the biker scout............although i have converted & weathered some marmit sandtroopers, tie pilot, & at-at driver & some ssc storm troopers.

Barryo, one of the nicest tuskens I've seen!

thanks man, it really wasnt that hard to do either.

Back