1/6th Scale Vehicle Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the Dark Knight Bat Pod and Tumbler, as well as the power loader.

I have the tron light cycle on order and will be ordering the BAT too.

While I don't currently have the space to display these vehicles I have the hope that one day I will. I like the movies and figures enough to warrant me purchasing these, even if they aren't immediately displayed.

Having said that, I would only buy from movies that are truly meaningful to me.

I'm a nut for the Nolan version of batman, and grew up with the 89 batmobile. The delorean from BTTF is another one.

A cop car from robocop, or even a fatboy from T2 would be low on the priority list.

So 1/6 vehicles are becoming more common now.

Hot Toys are making that Batwing thingy, releasing 2 more Batmobiles and planning a Back To The Future Delorean.

Sideshow are working on a Star Wars Landspeeder and TaunTaun

People are becoming gung-ho for vehicles. Speculating and theorizing on all sorts of ones they'd like from lots of different properties.

The only one i'm considering is the Back To The Future Delorean and in terms of other iconic vehicles worth buying for me would be an Aston Martin DB5 & Bond Figure, Fatboy Motorcycle for T800, Scout Trooper and Speeder and that's about it really.

While seeing them come to fruition is gonna be cool, I'm personally not interested in anything that doesn't hold significance to me and even then it wouldn't be enough interest as the size of them and the cost will likely be too much.

I understand the hype for the 89 batmobile and Delorean as they are iconic, classic AND time-tested vehicles but would you really buy anything but the time-tested iconic vehicles considering the size and cost of them?

I've heard of people with the original Tumbler having never taken them out of the box as they didn't have a place to put it, this would be a common problem for people buying more than one vehicle IMO.

In terms of actually buying them & actually displaying them where do you guys stand? Should vehicles become a major focus for these companies? Will they be a success or a folly?

______________​

You

suck

for

centering

your

:D

Last edited:
I like all the above (especially the Aston Martin DB-V from Goldfinger), plus

a Bantha (Star Wars)
Trinity's Ducati (Matrix)
little Nellie from You Only Live Twice (James Bond)
Bell Acrostar from Octopussy (James Bond)

I had the Tumbler, and it was way too big, so I got rid of it. Cool to have something like that, but you need to have some serious space for it. Having said that, I would/will buy a 1/6th scale Delorean, and would also consider a 1/6 Ecto-1, if HT ever got around to doing Ghostbusters. Also, I would buy a 1/6th scale Swamp Skiier for Zartan, and possibly a Trubble Bubble for a Viper or Crimson Guardsman. But that's probably about it.

Well, that plus Spidey's car, of course.

spidercar.jpg

+1

I thought he was about to invite us to a wedding.
LOL

I ... would also consider a 1/6 Ecto-1, if HT ever got around to doing Ghostbusters.

I've got the 1/18 Ecto-1 in my POL at BBTS. I saw it in my local store the other day and it looks spectacular. The thought of a 1/6 version has me puckering up my lips and nodding in an 'aw yeah baby' kind of way.

I couldn't say no to a 1:6 version of:

aston-martin-dbs%2B%25283%2529.jpg

And the T2 Fatboy.

In terms of actually buying them & actually displaying them where do you guys stand? Should vehicles become a major focus for these companies? Will they be a success or a folly?
If they did either of those 2 i'd buy them no problem. But I think vehicles will just be limited to the classics and/or films where the cars are a main character, e.g BTTF. I can't see vehicles taking off but HT's are doing the bat :lol Still blown away by that announcement.

I'm a pretty big fan of Hasbro's 1/6 scale Speederbike. It's pretty detailed and can still be purchased for between $25 - $50 shipped.

Regarding other vehicles, I'm really interested in basic civilian cars and SUVs and police cars to fill out dioramas. I may be in the minority, but I would rather have affordable, less detailed vehicles. I have a few Barbie vehicles that cost between $15 - $20 and am very happy with them (after a repaint and removal of the hearts/Barbie logos :lol). They make for great scene fillers. I would love to see Hasbro rerelease their jeeps/Hummers at retail.

If I were to purchase an iconic vehicle (Back to the Future Delorean or something), then I would want more detail.

I remember how upset people got in 1999 when N2 Toys cancelled their Interceptor.Seems a lifetime ago now!

I remember how upset people got in 1999 when N2 Toys cancelled their Interceptor.Seems a lifetime ago now!

Wow! I'd forgotten that N2 had teased an interceptor.

Probably better though...if memory serves, the N2 matrix and road warrior figures were horrible. (I'm sure I still have my mad max somewhere)

I would like the Knight Rider KITT car to be made too. I grew up watching that show. I love Firebirds and Trans AMs anyway. Hints the username. :wink1: :lol

I have the Tumbler already and I have it displayed. I am getting the 89' Batmobile and plan on getting the new 'Batwing thingy' and the Delorean. I should have room to display all of these when I get my custom cabinets made. Will I stop there? Probably not, unless they really start getting too over priced. These vehicles play a very important role in the movies too and not just, the actors or actresses.

These vehicles play a very important role in the movies too and not just, the actors or actresses.

:exactly:

That's how I feel too. It's why I pulled the trigger on the tumbler and batpod!

It's why I'm going to pull the trigger on "The Bat"

I'm saving up for a house and you can bet that one of the requirements for me will be a basement/man cave where I can let all these figures, vehicles and environments be displayed.

I'll buy the vehicles if they're memorable and important to the movies I love.

The '89 Batmobile is a must. Its as much a character in that film as Bats and Joker. The BTTF Delorean is high on my list for similar reasons, and if the Blade Runner figures do happen I would be all over a Spinner.

Space is a major concern for me also.
I have room to display the 89 Batmobile, Batpod, Delorean and even the Tumbler and Bat if i decide to pick them up. I just have no space to store the boxes these monsters will come in!

There is no way at all im missing out on the Delorean. The Tumbler however, is still a big "maybe" for me consdering how much other stuff is coming out this year.

There really aren't that many iconic vehicles for me. Atleast not ones that I would want to spend hundreds on.

Though I would definatly be down for this:
metallicar_afternoon-sunlight-edited-3.jpg

Even though it will never happen.

Back