1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you're satisfied with figures that look like this for $200:

t_af_lg_act_electronic_boba_fett.jpg

But that's no excuse why they couldn't have at least gotten the paint and materials to look more screen accurate for that kind of dough.

Well, after looking at the new gallery of pics of the production piece over at SS, I'm feeling better. The paint apps look great and the uniform looks good. The figure is in quite a few dynamic pose and looks just fine.

I'm figuring that by the time several folks have this in hand (myself included) and get a chance to futz and adjust and get some good shots of him in here, the hand-wringing will give way to some applause...that gallery has actually re-ignited my excitement for this figure after reading through the past few days of gut-bad reaction in here....

Seeing some movie stills as reference in the back-n-forth has also helped (thanks, 'Nam) while viewing these initial pics and....even the chest thing isn't looking so bad to me now. Again, until we start seeing more "in-hand" pics of this, it's really hard to say how "off" or "on" it is...can't wait to see for myself....

Hopefully this will start shipping by week's end and the CA people will reveal what we really have here.

Whether I keep my order or cancel will definitely depend on how this looks in a few more hands.

I still have hope.

From what I've seen, the helmet color is different than the armor color. Is that just the photos or is it like that in person?

Mine is the same color. The only real nitpick I've agreed with is that the visor is wrong but beyond that it's fantastic.

Good lord, all the hand wringing over how badly Commander Bacara sucks prior to mass release is over, so now the _____ing about how badly Boba Fett sucks prior to release begins, eh?

Amazing how much angst there always is on these boards over figures that haven't shipped or movies that aren't yet released...

Its the helmet. Terribly shaped.

No offense against Dave but his photography isn't always up to par, it's more out of the box than anything else. Given that the PF was supposed to be "looking down" and when you set the head that way it looks fine.

I'm sorry if I have missed something...but...are there more in-hand pictures of fett other then the one set? I see an aweful lot of rants, but not a lot of examples to base them on.

Are you all hippies high on angel dust? :peace

That's the way it always is. Everyone complains, freaks out, wants to cancel off of the initial pics and then after they are in-hand they calm it down.

Somehow badvermin's picture (which he took from someone else) has become "my" picture now from reposting... :slap

pass me some more angel dust please...

I will admit after looking at the updated pictures on sideshows site...something is off on the bulky chest. I'll wait and reserve final judgemement until we see more in-hand pictures from many different freaks (including my own)

Psst Wor-Gar...have a hit man......:peace

I was looking at rubio's awesome photos in the Medi Jango/Boba thread and noticed how the chest armor is attached to the vest on the Medi.

It seems like the Medis don't attach the armor fully onto the vest. They leave the edges loose, which seems to help prevent the boxy-ness we're seeing with the Sideshow version.

It may just be a matter of detaching the armor a bit from the edges so the vest hugs the body better.

Nevertheless, I think the final product looks pretty good. My only real complaint is those terrible braids. But that seems like a relatively easy fix or swap. Looking forward to it!

I understand that. And would be able to justify that just from the pics posted yesterday. But you would think SSC would have to have seen this and made and attempt to make it look better for production pics. If it is possible to make it look better Can't believe they took a look at the final product while taking the pics and said "yup, that is perfect".

I understand there are many out there that modify, and love to modify their figures. But there are also many of us that spend damn near $200 and expect quality without extreme modification. And aren't into stripping them down and rebuilding them to make them look like they should.

The wookie braids I could have honestly lived with without batting an eye. But this lego chest is just too much.

You must be new to SS, they never seem to pose or futz their figures properly for their website.

Back