1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope they'll do a HT DX ESB Vader, with the meditating chamber :pray:

I think Sideshow should have released Vader's Meditation Chamber ages ago. They do a great job on their environments, IMO. I'm sure they have already started work on one and will offer it when they put out their next "Deluxe" Vader, hopefully it will have some cool light-up feature or something.

Looking closely, you can see that the Jetpack's attached to the strap by an open, angled hook. :slap

Does this mean the jetpack's going to be hanging loose? I hope there's some magnet there or something to hold it in place.

2128_press05.jpg

I wonder why BBTS sold out so quickly (especially at the non-discounted price)? I suppose they're not getting too many?

I ordered from AlterEgo anyway, just found that odd.

Hope they'll do a HT DX ESB Vader, with the meditating chamber :pray:

Pretty sure characters Sideshow hasn't done yet are still off limits to HT. Since they haven't done an ESB Vader yet, I imagine Sideshow will be doing it first.

Although I think HT has Sideshow's blessings to make Chewie :lol

The agreement does not specify that they all have to be figures that Sideshow has already done.

Also, remember that this is a joint venture between Hot Toys & Sideshow. Any figure they both think should be made, will be made (with Lucasfilm approval, of course). I honestly think Sideshow is cool with whatever HT wants to do, as long as they aren't doing the same figures around the same time, of course.

The agreement does not specify that they all have to be figures that Sideshow has already done.

Also, remember that this is a joint venture between Hot Toys & Sideshow. Any figure they both think should be made, will be made (with Lucasfilm approval, of course). I honestly think Sideshow is cool with whatever HT wants to do, as long as they aren't doing the same figures around the same time, of course.

I'm curious how much say LFL has. We all remember when Sideshow announced the plan for Indy was themed subsets starting with ToD with Mine Cart environment, which should've been shown at SDCC. . . but what we ended up with was DX Indy and Map Room environment. It sounds suspiciously like SS Indy has been shelved. With Hot Toys being the steam roller that they are, if they can sell 4,000 $250 figures, while Sideshow can put out 5,000 $100 figures, and you're LFL and you get 10% royalty. Would you rather have a $100,000 royalty from Hot Toys or a $50,000 royalty from Sideshow??

It's obvious with the reaction to 89 Batman that money is no object when the quality is there. Hot Toys is just crushing everyone. When money is on the line, LFL is going to back Hot Toys.

Looking closely, you can see that the Jetpack's attached to the strap by an open, angled hook. :slap

Does this mean the jetpack's going to be hanging loose? I hope there's some magnet there or something to hold it in place.

2128_press05.jpg

That's how they did this with the PF. That doesn't bug me, unless u plan to pose him upside down

That's how they did this with the PF. That doesn't bug me, unless u plan to pose him upside down

it's the same kind of mechanism on the PF.

Which makes me wonder how he could ever fly with that jetpack.
The jetpack would have taken off, but he would just get burnmarks on his back/shoulder/head cos the whole thing isn't really attached to him :D

I can`t wait for this. The only thing that sucks is to have to wait 6 months before this is released. I want it to be released as soon as possible.

it's the same kind of mechanism on the PF.

Which makes me wonder how he could ever fly with that jetpack.
The jetpack would have taken off, but he would just get burnmarks on his back/shoulder/head cos the whole thing isn't really attached to him :D

How is it attached on the real suit?

:monkey2 oh no, it wont have the feel of a real jetpack secured on his back

I was hoping i could pose him with the supports on the jetpack to simulate the tension on the straps when in flight..

but then again, a little modding would solve the problem :slap

That is how it was attached on the real suit in the movie..you guys are just looking for stuff to complain about of which you know nothing about. The jetback is attached to those hooks and that material goes through his back armor to a harness that is secured on him. If the final product is done this way consider me impressed...its the way it should be.

Darn, I'm tempted to get this eventhough I don't have any 1/6th SW figures. I just want to collect those bad @$$ MOFOs in the SW Universe. Here are my list IMHO:

1. Boba Fett
2. Darth Vader
3. Gen. Grievious
4. Anakin Skywalker (Sith version)
5. Darth Maul
6. Darth Sidious

What do you think? :cuckoo: Anymore suggestions? :wave

Back