1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the review, nicely done.
Seems like he is all plastic for the most part. Do you think he's worth the price tag?

Well besides the die cast stuff from hot toys, aren't they all mostly plastic? Lol

Absolutely serious and honest, the detail on this figure blows me away. The paint details alone are damn impressive. The size is terrific and the accessories are perfect i think. The inclusion of the magnets in his hands is also a real nice, subtle touch. The quality and effort that went into this figure I really feel is worth it. Honestly, I'd gladly pay $300 for this figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get Grevious. Been waiting for him for a long time and glad they put so much work into all of the detail and articulation.

Well besides the die cast stuff from hot toys, aren't they all mostly plastic? Lol

Absolutely serious and honest, the detail on this figure blows me away. The paint details alone are damn impressive. The size is terrific and the accessories are perfect i think. The inclusion of the magnets in his hands is also a real nice, subtle touch. The quality and effort that went into this figure I really feel is worth it. Honestly, I'd gladly pay $300 for this figure.

Well yes they are, but I meant they look flimsy and quite fragile. Since you had it in hand, do you find it quite durable?

I just hope it looks impressive on the shelf and doesn't topple over easily.

Well yes they are, but I meant they look flimsy and quite fragile. Since you had it in hand, do you find it quite durable?

I just hope it looks impressive on the shelf and doesn't topple over easily.

It appears to be made of plastic thats as durable as any other SSC figure. The ratcheting joints on apparently all the main articulation points makes me confident in level of quality and the overall solidity of the piece.

I think there is an understandable illusion of fragility due to the fact that he's got a very skeletal design aesthetic. I think he'll be fine though as long as you exercise the same level of care and caution you would with any of your other figures.

As far as him toppling over, the cool adjustable stand with the rubber pad on the bottom should be more than enough to keep him stable, and lets face it with the immense size of him, and all those limbs jutting out all over the place it's very likely that at least one of those arms will be touching the back or side of your Detolf or Bestå, giving even more support.

It appears to be made of plastic thats as durable as any other SSC figure. The ratcheting joints on apparently all the main articulation points makes me confident in level of quality and the overall solidity of the piece.

I think there is an understandable illusion of fragility due to the fact that he's got a very skeletal design aesthetic. I think he'll be fine though as long as you exercise the same level of care and caution you would with any of your other figures.

As far as him toppling over, the cool adjustable stand with the rubber pad on the bottom should be more than enough to keep him stable, and lets face it with the immense size of him, and all those limbs jutting out all over the place it's very likely that at least one of those arms will be touching the back or side of your Detolf or Bestå, giving even more support.

Cheers mate.
You're right, because the figure is mostly skeletal in design it makes me think he's kind of fragile and easily breakable.

Great review "Optibotimus". Great work on Sideshow's behalf to bring this character to 1/6th collectors. Not 100% feeling the look though. Yes SS has appeared to have captured the stand up tall pre Obi Wan fight look but I am not seeing the other 95% screen time of this character. I have a feeling that I might get frustrated trying to position this figure into iconic Grievous poses he cannot be positioned into.

I'm curious if Grievous can pull off these poses.....

View attachment 93120

View attachment 93121

You won't be able to get that pose as the head on the figure can't look up that high. What I mean by that is, in the hunched position, the torso is almost horizontal, which means the head would have to point straight up (if in a straight standing position) This figure can't look up. I hope that made sense.

You won't be able to get that pose as the head on the figure can't look up that high. What I mean by that is, in the hunched position, the torso is almost horizontal, which means the head would have to point straight up (if in a straight standing position) This figure can't look up. I hope that made sense.

Yes I understand and thank you for the explanation. I am feeling the same way I did when I first saw images of SS Grievous......sitting this one out. Still looking forward to seeing youtube reviews and in hand picts though!! :)

I think it's disappointing too, as well as the eyesore ball ankle joints, but this figure is still amazing. I'll be getting it as soon as I have some spare cash.

I think it's disappointing too, as well as the eyesore ball ankle joints, but this figure is still amazing. I'll be getting it as soon as I have some spare cash.

I'm surprised more people haven't said anything about the fat ankle joints.

yeah it's really not that bad looking...when looked at with flash or even intense lighting, it obviously stands out. But looking at it with the normal eye and under normal light, it's not a big deal

That being said...i got the okay to post the review now ;)
Great Review!!

he looks like a must buy. The ball joints and paint on the eye surrounding are my only negative comments. The armour looks wonderful though.
:rock

I'm surprised more people haven't said anything about the fat ankle joints.

People will find anything to complain about. Yes they're noticeable. But people would have complained if there wasn't a joint there in the first place. I think it's a small sacrifice to pay (functionality vs. accuracy) to have a figure with that poseability. Having it makes for much more versatile poses I think. And personally, I prefer that.

Great Review!!

he looks like a must buy. The ball joints and paint on the eye surrounding are my only negative comments. The armour looks wonderful though.
:rock

The eyes I really don't think look bad in hand. In normal lighting, you honestly almost can't see the lines. The flash on those photos and even the light on my studio makes them look more pronounced than they really are.

The eyes I really don't think look bad in hand. In normal lighting, you honestly almost can't see the lines. The flash on those photos and even the light on my studio makes them look more pronounced than they really are.
Yeah. On your review they eye streaks were not as noticeable. Looked much better. I don't think I would've noticed them, if not for those flash pictures.
Thanks for the review.

People will find anything to complain about. Yes they're noticeable. But people would have complained if there wasn't a joint there in the first place. I think it's a small sacrifice to pay (functionality vs. accuracy) to have a figure with that poseability. Having it makes for much more versatile poses I think. And personally, I prefer that.

I agree. It's sort of like wrist joints on HT figures -- they don't look real either but for now we're stuck with them. Certain things you just have to look past.

Good to hear the eyes look good in person. I did notice those pinkish lines even in your video but assumed it was the studio lights as you confirmed.

The only thing so far that I am genuinely disappointed by is the lack of "hunch" ability. I'm sure I'll find other poses I like, but that was the look I liked best. Sort of like not being able to have Vader put his hands on his belt.

I'm excited for this. I know it won't be able to do a complete hunch, but I think you should be able to do some amazing poses. Also, I understand that some things had to be sacrificed to make this figure sturdy. I'm fine with the ankle joints and what not. Who cares if they're not screen accurate? If you want that, then buy a statue. I for one am satisfied with how this turned out and am glad I PO'd it.

Given the QC issues with Vader and my own personal experience with the new SS Clonetrooper, I'm more than a little concerned about the QC on a figure this complex.
Who knows maybe everyone has been working on this, and let things slip with the other releases!
:pray:

I watched the review earlier today and it was fantastic Optibotimus. :clap

I'm so looking forward to getting Grievous.

This has to be seen. From Optibotimus...

eryrepep.jpg

Back