1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, that's what I was debating... get Grievous, see if Silent will repaint it, give him 4 cold cathode sabres. That'd be a hell of a display.

Nice looking figure and Grievous is one of the cooler prequel trilogy characters in my opinion. I couldn't bring myself to pay $250 for him though I don't think.

Yes and that's what I appreciate about Grievous, even though I share Irish's hatred of the character as portrayed in Revenge of the Sith. It's a great design and very menacing in some artwork. I can imagine it looking quite imposing on the shelf, especially with his IG bodyguards, should they be made.

Don't forget the 1960's Batman Hot Toys figures coming up. I've been exclusively Star Wars for years, but I can't see how I can pass those up! I assume based on your avatar, you're in for those too!

Fooey! I forgot about them, they will also have to be accompanied by the 1:6 scale '66 Batmobile + villains, then as you say, the....Returns line. Not to mention the BTTF line when it arrives + 1:6 the Delorean. And I am going to PO the SHERLOCK figures when they go live too.....

I think I'll just change my name to Robin Banks.

Still, jedibear, thanks for distracting me...what about that General Grievous eh? This is one of the more impressive characters visually from the PTril and made all the more so by the fact that he never existed in anywhere other than a computer. To have a 1:6 scale version of him to add to our collection is exciting.

Figure turned out great but the character was really average in the PT so I won't get the figure.

Glad to hear that SSC did a good job with the joints on the figure, floppy joints would be a total fail for this figure.

*CANON*

"Grievous, born as Qymaen jai Sheelal, was the cyborg Supreme Commander of the Droid Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems for most of the Clone Wars. Grievous was originally a Kaleesh from the planet Kalee, where he lived his early life. During the Kaleesh conflict against the Huk, Qymaen jai Sheelal quickly learned the art of war, specializing in a slugthrower rifle. Quickly amassing a great number of Huk kills, he became a demigod among his people. He eventually met the female Kaleesh Ronderu lij Kummar, a master with the sword. The two became very close before her death at the hands of the Huk. Heartbroken, Qymaen jai Sheelal renamed himself Grievous and turned all his anger and grief toward the Huk. Aided by his elite, he forced the Huk off Kalee and then swarmed their homeworld, conquering the Huk. The Huk turned to the Galactic Republic for help, and the Kaleesh were forced back to their own world by the Jedi and left to starve.
Desperate to help his people, Grievous took a job as an enforcer with the InterGalactic Banking Clan. However, after learning that the Huk had attacked Kalee, he headed home to gain vengeance. After consulting with his ally, Separatist Head of State Count Dooku, IGBC Chairman San Hill arranged for a bomb to be placed on Grievous' shuttle, Martyr. The Kaleesh was critically injured, but lived, and Hill arranged for the final stage of his plan. Grievous was reconstructed as a cyborg and was presented to Dooku as a potential weapon to be used in the upcoming war that the count had planned against the Republic.

After being made Supreme Commander, Grievous proceeded to wreak havoc on the Republic for the three-year–span of the Clone Wars. The general was trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Dooku himself, who was also a Sith Lord. Grievous was a quick study and eventually came to be recognized as one of the most skilled duelists in the galaxy. Aided by his IG-100 MagnaGuards, Grievous killed many Jedi, and led the Confederacy to victory in many battles. Quickly gaining a reputation as a savage, merciless brute as well as a tactical genius, the cyborg struck fear into the hearts of many with his flagship, the ion cannon–armed Malevolence, as well as Operation Durge's Lance, a massive strike at the Core Worlds."
*CANON END*

So let it be known, Grievous was not a coward... he was advised to be later on... Also side note, Grievous was on Geonosis; but his task as usual was leading the Separatist leaders away to safer grounds for immediate departure.

thanks for posting the backstory. pretty awesome!!! :clap

Purged the PT virus that quickly, hey? That's what I'm still debating. So much great OT stuff just around the corner, too, along w/Robo and ED-209. 2014 will be fairly pricey as it is, let alone adding Grievous to the mix.

I mostly collect OT stuff, but I'll make the exception for Grievous. I just recently sold Ventress and Maul, and only have Ep 3 Obi and Ani as my only figures from the PT left. I'd also go for Zam Wessel.

Good thing the Exclusives run for such a long time, now. I really like that battle-damaged mask and would primarily display Grievous that way, if I get him. Still really like the design and engineering of this figure, so I'll have to think on it a while longer.

Good thing the Exclusives run for such a long time, now. I really like that battle-damaged mask and would primarily display Grievous that way, if I get him. Still really like the design and engineering of this figure, so I'll have to think on it a while longer.

Is that really true, Invictus Sol?

I've been really pushing my luck with ordering Vader. I know I can at least score a non-exclusive once he's released, so I'll at least be able to get that. But I want to hold off til we know more about the Hoth figures.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the last SSC SW Exclusive I recall selling out before release is Boba Fett. Everything else went past release before getting an edition size set. My bet is both Vader and Grievous will be available as Exclusives until at least the time they start shipping. Either way, I'm not concerned with Vader as I'd never display him with the severed hand (even though it is a neat exclusive).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the last SSC SW Exclusive I recall selling out before release is Boba Fett. Everything else went past release before getting an edition size set. My bet is both Vader and Grievous will be available as Exclusives until at least the time they start shipping. Either way, I'm not concerned with Vader as I'd never display him with the severed hand (even though it is a neat exclusive).

Yep, as far as I can remember that was the last one that had a set amount. I think it was gone in a few hours.

Back