1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will definitely say that the Rebelscum pictures dont do this piece justice. It is now where near as green as they would suggest. I think Sideshow did an amazing job on this one.

I think the color could be a little more to the brownish side but not a deal breaker to me. What i think is a bigger issue to me is the fact that the saddle and all the straps that hold it aren't seperate pieces and are molded onto the body? :slap Also the strap around the neck is molded into the skin.:gah: I won't pick this up now because of all the star wars 1/6 figures coming out at the end of this year and beginning of next from sideshow, I will consider it later on despite the strap issues however.:)

Took a few shots yesterday, and this one was not intended ...to feature the "twin suns"..... :)

twinsuns.jpg

I just completed an unboxing video for my Dewback. I should probably say, I just shot this with a few photo lamps. I didn't do any color correction to be sure everything is 100% "inhand accurate" on color temperatures. I also did't add any explosions, car chases, inspiring motivational synergies, bacon, 1337 5p3ak, Tanantinoesque time changes, surprise twist endings......... and the video is most definitely not "off the hook".
...but a some people may find some of the info a nice diversion from their daily grind.

Yama's Dewback Unboxing

Great, great vid Yama. Thanks!

I have to say, like just about everyone else, it's way too green. If someone has the skills (like Surfer) to give it a brown wash, it'd be fantastic, but as is... :(

i don't think he looks too green at all. i personally love the look of him & can't wait to get him...........if anything drew is too cool............:yess:

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I can see slight variations on my Dewback when compared to the pre-production pictures, but nothing that makes me regret buying it.
All in all, I think Sideshow did a really nice job on this one.

Yeah I will add to the chorus for the excellent video there, sorry to hear about your box. That would really kind of tee me off, specially because the packing job is kind of garbage - shipping to me was $40 so I will have to see how mine gets through the journey, but for that green I expect a perfect box...

I just completed an unboxing video for my Dewback. I should probably say, I just shot this with a few photo lamps. I didn't do any color correction to be sure everything is 100% "inhand accurate" on color temperatures. I also did't add any explosions, car chases, inspiring motivational synergies, bacon, 1337 5p3ak, Tanantinoesque time changes, surprise twist endings......... and the video is most definitely not "off the hook".
...but a some people may find some of the info a nice diversion from their daily grind.

Yama's Dewback Unboxing

So glad I ordered this...i think for once Sideshow has redeemed themselves for all the disappointing pieces they have put out this year.

For those who were complaining that it isnt articulated and what not....

Last edited:
So glad I ordered this...i think for once Sideshow has redeemed themselves for all the disappointing pieces they have put out this year.

For those who were complaining that it isnt articulated and what not....

What are the disappointing pieces?

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I can see slight variations on my Dewback when compared to the pre-production pictures, but nothing that makes me regret buying it.

Great work man, that is very reassuring to hear. Can't wait for mine!

WOW!!
the unboxing video was great to see.
Putting your hand near it now gives me the idea that this lizard is one huge MOFO!!!
the detail sideshow has given to it is amazing,looks like no expense was spared.
Love it!!

Nice clear video Yama. Was always intrigued by this piece, but resisted. Your video Sold it too me! Like others have already suggested, this makes HOTH Han on Taunt Taunt essential (if detailed nicely). They would display perfect together.

YOU HERE THIS sideshow/Hottoys :lecture
No brainer guys, you would make a killing

Back