1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. I've been getting stoked to get the squad ready for the new HT leader, when it finally comes. Our house is a bit of a work in progress...it's pretty old, but we're trying....it definitely needs much work.

Someday I will make a scaled back version of my old base. I just didn't get it right.

I almost regret selling mine to you Pixel. Hot toys didn't have the license yet and I was more focused on building my Marvel shelves. Ah, hindsight.

Besides, I really don't have a display case big enough for this beast. If they do decide to re-release it, I may have to custom build something.

Thanks, my friend. Those were the days. Someday, another version that wifey can be proud of.

I was just looking at that thread again today and it might be a good thing that you didn't hold onto that previous base. No one has anything really positive to say about that Canec fiberboard you used to build up the profile (arsenic, etc..)

I'm most of the way done a new shelving unit that will be the new home of the Dewback, so I'll probably get to some dunes next year for it. Each of three shelves in the unit has a 30" wide x 20" deep floor with almost 21" height, so I'm looking forward to giving my troopers more breathing space.

Hahaha, yep. It's supposedly not that bad in limited exposures...if you're cutting it and wearing a mask. Our roof is made of it. That's how old our home is. Lots of character, but tons of remodeling necessary.

I don't see this being offered again. It's not the same kind of production, including the amount of manual painting it requires, plus it was a limited and numbered edition. Hang up your hopes, if we see another Dewback it will more than likely be something different (which is also a great way to get current owners to buy a second piece).

Back