1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't the Sandtrooper Corporal showed up at some shop before an official announcement from Sideshow.

Didn't the Sandtrooper Corporal showed up at some shop before an official announcement from Sideshow.

I don't remember that happening. Seeing as how we saw all 3 at the same time during the Sandtrooper preview, it doesn't matter. Plus, that was a retailer exclusive. This is entirely different.

Now that this is verbally confirmed in the latest edition of Ask Sideshow, we have ground to continue our discussions.:lol

What did they say in the Q&A? I must have missed it.

Effectively they said the Dewback is on and depending on how well it sells...maybe others.

Wednesday, October 27th, 2010
I understand Sideshow is going to produce the Scout Trooper from ‘Return of the Jedi’ in 1/6th scale. Any chance it will come with a speeder bike? The Premium Format is awesome, and I would love to see the same statue but in 1/6th scale. I think this would be a big hit!

Yes, there is a VERY good chance that a Speederbike will be produced to pair with the Biker Scout figure in 1:6 scale. We have a couple other 1:6 scale ‘vehicle’ offerings in the works – one being the Dewback – to help us assess the viability of expanding our vehicle and rider offerings.

Edit - And I may be reading too much in to it...but when they say things like "Our vehicle and rider offerings" it sounds to me like a set including a figure and a "ride" (be that an animal or machine). So, if this is the case, maybe we will get a fourth Sandtrooper, but even so, I am betting that there will only be one release of the Scout Trooper with or without a Speeder if it gats made.

SWREP70-FC.jpg

Edit - And I may be reading too much in to it...but when they say things like "Our vehicle and rider offerings" it sounds to me like a set including a figure and a "ride" (be that an animal or machine). So, if this is the case, maybe we will get a fourth Sandtrooper, but even so, I am betting that there will only be one release of the Scout Trooper with or without a Speeder if it gats made.

Maybe Tusken Raiders with Bantha's? :monkey3

I am all in on a Bantha every bit as much as a Dewback/Ronto/Speeder/Swoop/Landspeeder/X-Wing/T.I.E. Fighter/Millenium Falcon/Star Destroyer/Death Star...

I am simply all in.

special edition dewback with EXCLUSIVE change out ot dewback head or ....FAIL.:lecture:lecture:lecture

special edition dewback with EXCLUSIVE change out ot dewback head or ....FAIL.:lecture:lecture:lecture

From the sketches, it appears that we'll get the non-special edition Dewback. I'm hoping that's the case because if it's the special edition version, I won't be buying it.

I also remember Sideshow mentioning that if they did the Rebo Band, they would prefer to do them non-special edition style. I'm guessing Sideshow realizes a their core customers are older and tend to favor the original unbastardized versions of these characters. I'm all for it!

Back