1/6th Delta Squad Republic Commandos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks good.

I am not positive but I thought the the top popped up exposing the blue like that picture when they were armed, sort of like pulling a pin on a normal grenade. If so just do a open version and a closed version which you could make out of a cast of the open version, or go crazy and make one that's 2 pieces and pops up like that.

for the thermal det I just bought the one off toy anxiety that is from the Leia in disguise its exactly what I need and I don't need to sculpt it...so far I have sculpted a door breach charge though

I do have all the neck details retained in my chest plates rob and will be sending it to drogs for casting so that might save you the trouble lol

That looks good.

I am not positive but I thought the the top popped up exposing the blue like that picture when they were armed, sort of like pulling a pin on a normal grenade. If so just do a open version and a closed version which you could make out of a cast of the open version, or go crazy and make one that's 2 pieces and pops up like that.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't think I could do a 2 piece version... well, I could make it in 2 pieces, but can't figure out how to get the top piece to extend from the base only to a certain point and then stop before falling out... it would have to be spring-loaded with some sort of catch on the inside, would have to cast the base part in 2 halves and assemble them around the top part... so much work! And I can't just recast the one that pops up and have multiple popping-up ones, I'd have to spend so much work and effort on each teeny tiny grenade, I don't think it'd be worth the trouble...

So yeah, I might do open/closed versions...

Any updates on the Commandos yet Dorgs?

Just so you know, I didn't get around to making a mold of the EMP grenade yet... but I did finish sculpting it... I'll probably do casts of it next weekend and paint one up to see how it looks...

The nice thing about tiny things like this is, the failed casts will be impossible to fix, but you can just drop one or 2 into a cast of head and use em as filler! :lol

here are some more Wip pics of my commando
weapons
100_2159.jpg

chest detail
100_2168.jpg

waist
100_2170.jpg

more pics can be seen here in my gallery
https://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/witekite20/Republic Commando/

That's great so far! Are you going to make other things that explode?

"Things go boom, sir?"
-Scorch

Dorgs, I want an update on the status of this project over all, please give us one ASAP!!!!

IDK where Dorgs has been, hasn't been on SSF since Friday or something... :horror

Robots don't die they just need to be recharged and take an occasional oil bath.

:lol Oh yes, I keep forgetting :slap :rolleyes:

I think I know how he's been able to go for so long without recharging...

energizer.jpg

how he goes without oil-bathing for so long I dont know... :dunno

C-Bob is closest. Ill be in the aerial denial platform in case any police, Oops, I mean Bobbies show up to intercept. :lol

C-Bob is closest. Ill be in the aerial denial platform in case any police, Oops, I mean Bobbies show up to intercept. :lol

Bobbies :lol we dont live in the 19th century no more man :rotfl ive never in my life heard another brit say bobbies :D

Ok the latest news is dorgs evil imps got beaten up by gnomes after giving Santa a wedgy and leaving him upside down in a trash can. Now the evil imps are trying to bribe rudolph with some tasty treats.

Back