1/6 YanToys - Girl from The Ring/Ringu - Miss Sadako

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMC117

Super Freak
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240527_113635_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240527_113640_Instagram.jpg

Would have never even thought about this character for a figure if I’m honest. Kinda cool but not one I want. The well diorama and the tv are cool accessories.

Really in two minds over this.. love the original movie, saw it soon after it came out but then lost interest with the Hollywood remake. I think I need to see it again, it's been a while and maybe it's dated terribly. The display options for this are really piquing my interest though, purely for novelty value.

Sadako was not a character on my want list, but with all the display options you get here...pretty tempted.

Yeah I love all the stuff this comes with but it really needs one more body, even half of one, to be worth that price. With an extra body you’d have use for both heads and outfits for 3 displays - one crawling out of the well, one reaching out of the TV, and one standing there looking glum, or silly face if that’s your jam. Even still, it’s a good amount of display options even without an extra body.

Too pricy, but it is cool for what it is. I would've just ditched that silly face to reduce the price down, like seriously whos gonna use it as a proper representation of The Ring lol

Yeah I love all the stuff this comes with but it really needs one more body, even half of one, to be worth that price. With an extra body you’d have use for both heads and outfits for 3 displays - one crawling out of the well, one reaching out of the TV, and one standing there looking glum, or silly face if that’s your jam. Even still, it’s a good amount of display options even without an extra body.

If they had added an extra necessary body, even a cheap one like most of these third party figures tend to have, they could have pitched this as a DX set at the same price point. The optics would be much better and it would be an easy sell for $250 as two complete figures.

They must have spent all their budget on those sculpted arms and legs and rooted hair. I can see some things that look great and some others that will almost surely feel underwhelming. Most of the accessories will have that light hollow ABS quality and that one collared dress already looks poorly tailored and cheap in fabric. Third party figures almost always feel noticeably cheap in weight and quality of execution - we overlook and excuse the faults in favour of the low cost. This one is a little pricey for what it is. Heck, it's the same price as a Hot Toys or about half the price of an InArt. Does it feel like that level of quality?

yeah,it really should have come with a second body that can be split in two
then you can make her come out of the tv
they already have two setting options
and two outfits and heads

I know, but they look pretty much exactly the same anyway
They would actually look totally different and I hate being that guy. Samara was a child and had very grotesque facial features. Sadako was older and retains more traditional Japanese horror elements of just having very pale skin.

Back