1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to have a plug. The head should sit just fine. The head won't be secured as it would with the plug, however. Flip the figure upside down and the head will fall off. Ebay would be your best bet as this isn't a piece that is commonly parted out. Some of us have it due to mods to other figures.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to give it a shot and I'll post pics (if I'm at all successful)!

To anyone that is planning to cut off the neck of the VTS sculpt, I thought it would be useful to show the actual result of my VTS hs after modification. Here are the detailed shots on the head.
15139238_811041889038245_434540898_n.jpg
15139651_811624728979961_1075531733_n(1).jpg
15175379_811625798979854_1796729708_n.jpg
15209064_811624868979947_964422815_n.jpg
15129859_811627092313058_1114666315_n.jpg

The proccess was done solely with an x-acto knife (no drill). There was a weird pole inside of the head which I had a hard time cutting and carving off to fit in the neck adapter. I guess the pole was to enhance the structural strength of the neck. And for the adapter, you can get it from Onesixthkit for $3. Link: https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=225&search=neck

The body I'm using is ACI Bruce muscular body caucasian skin tone version, in case someone asks.

Great on modding the sculpt going to do the same to mine. Got the body for it and all. Just wondering how easy is it to cut it off the neck. I was thought it was a solid piece and not hollow on the inside.

Thank you for the pics and that's excellent work! You didn't have to Drexel out the inside of the head to get the plug to fit? Also, it looks like you shaved off his double chin, right?

Now I just need to work up the courage to do it to mine.

Sculpt passed the acid test, asked someone who doesn't have an interest in action figs who the sculpt was of, they said its that Tim Harding isn't it? I said do you mean Tom Hardy, they said oh yeah him.

Will probably rock this look for the fig

DSCF0295_zpset5tnbge.jpg

DSCF0297_zpskgdfci7o.jpg

DSCF0298_zpsmxqv5sar.jpg

DSCF0299_zps4xrp1nqg.jpg

cool pics shells.:clap:clap:clap

You don't have to have a plug. The head should sit just fine. The head won't be secured as it would with the plug, however. Flip the figure upside down and the head will fall off. Ebay would be your best bet as this isn't a piece that is commonly parted out. Some of us have it due to mods to other figures.

you can get all the plugs, joints & connectors you need for both neck & head for under $10.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282172499710?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

To anyone that is planning to cut off the neck of the VTS sculpt, I thought it would be useful to show the actual result of my VTS hs after modification. Here are the detailed shots on the head.
The proccess was done solely with an x-acto knife (no drill). There was a weird pole inside of the head which I had a hard time cutting and carving off to fit in the neck adapter. I guess the pole was to enhance the structural strength of the neck. And for the adapter, you can get it from Onesixthkit for $3. Link: https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=225&search=neck

The body I'm using is ACI Bruce muscular body caucasian skin tone version, in case someone asks.

AF head also had a pole i'm guessing it's just a mold branch that they were lazy to remove.

Did you have to enlarge the head to insert the connector, and did you put a connector in the neck so the head can plug into it?

Also how much did you cut off the neck?

AF head also had a pole i'm guessing it's just a mold branch that they were lazy to remove.

Did you have to enlarge the head to insert the connector, and did you put a connector in the neck so the head can plug into it?

Also how much did you cut off the neck?
The inside of the head was very narrow to put in the adapter/connector/socket initially. So I had to carve and shave off the excess until the adapter fitted in. I also had to measure the thickness between the inside and outside of the sculpt to make sure it was thin but not too thin that the knife would cut through the outside surface. That also helped the sculpt sit on the neck of the body without the "giraffe effect". Everything is shown clearly in my pics so you can take some more time and look closely at how the cuts were executed. And if you want to know how much I cut off the neck, I still have the remaining of plastic cut off from the head in a small bag lol.

Has anyone who ordered this figure from a US retailer actually received their figure? I ordered this from MD on day one and feel like they should have received their shipment by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have from Monkey depot as well. But they haven't gotten their shipment yet. Last I heard was they will have theirs by the end of the month. As their shipment was on its way.

No problem. Should be here the last week of November. As they said it's going through customs.

It's starting to get the same attention as the bvs batman, in a month from now it might go up. It really is a dirty move to gain more money. But don't pay for something that isn't worth that much.

"a dirty move to gain more money".

It's supply and demand. It's a pillar of a free market economy. And something's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There are plenty of people who wouldn't pay $20 for this. And there are some who will pay $300 as the supply starts to dry up. It's not some conspiracy by anyone to raise the price of the figure.

"a dirty move to gain more money".

It's supply and demand. It's a pillar of a free market economy. And something's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There are plenty of people who wouldn't pay $20 for this. And there are some who will pay $300 as the supply starts to dry up. It's not some conspiracy by anyone to raise the price of the figure.

Yep.

Should have moved when it was $160.

I was a bit worried after seeing the initial release pics of this guy. Glad I picked him though. none of the pics (including mine) do it any justice. i may change the arms out yet to add a little bulk.

15094237_10154029761129080_6472933959913276950_n.jpg

That's true that people can buy it if they want, and that it's not conspiracy but when you know what it was released for and in one week they charge $300 for it is it justify to say they raised the price just because "everyone wants it" no but then it again your right it's supply and demand. And Wor-Gar is also right whoever didn't buy it should have when it was at its release price. But atm it's not that high of a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back