1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Present company excluded. You're fair with your critiques, some are just rude.

:lol True. But, people can be taken the wrong way on here sometimes. You were rude to me once because I was banging on about the same subject in the HP thread. I think passion can come across as annoying. I don't blame you for being defensive and a bit disappointed though, I've been there a few times myself with figures I've been so hyped about and have turned out sub par. I think that if a true fan can be happy with Selene though, then more power to you.:duff

:lol True. But, people can be taken the wrong way on here sometimes. You were rude to me once because I was banging on about the same subject in the HP thread. I think passion can come across as annoying. I don't blame you for being defensive and a bit disappointed though, I've been there a few times myself with figures I've been so hyped about and have turned out sub par. I think that if a true fan can be happy with Selene though, then more power to you.:duff

:goodpost:

It has the same quality that I see in photos of Hot Toys' Rey, in that the sculpt looks like that of a smaller scale figure - a 6 or 7 inch. She looks cheap, but she might just not photograph well, like Sideshow's Snake Plissken who almost always gets hammered in reviews, and appears poor in photos. Yet I think he looks great on display.

selene-underworld-star-ace-toys-3.jpg

Here's a pretty thorough review, you need to have your browser translate it however.
https://desdekryptonhastamordor.com/2016/11/14/review-selene-underworld-star-ace-toys/

Yeah, good review.
I think it must be hard to capture KB's face as Selene. She has such smooth features, and the lack of any special makeup coupled with the pallid look of the vampire, well...
I mean, most female sculpts tendo not work very well because they are idealized, smoothing out the "imperfections" that give them character, and in Kate's case, she's already got an "idealized" face! :lol
I believe they should have made the vampire version with blue eyes and fangs.

Yeah, good review.
I think it must be hard to capture KB's face as Selene. She has such smooth features, and the lack of any special makeup coupled with the pallid look of the vampire, well...
I mean, most female sculpts tendo not work very well because they are idealized, smoothing out the "imperfections" that give them character, and in Kate's case, she's already got an "idealized" face! :lol
I believe they should have made the vampire version with blue eyes and fangs.
I believe we'll get that version with different accessories down the road.

A small little oversight on the box art, that's actually a shot of Selene from the first Underworld film...ooops.

selene-underworld-star-ace-toys-10.jpg

Are we going to have these figures in our hands by Christmas? I mean goodness. I thought Star Ace was pretty good with hitting release dates. Q3 doesn't mean Q4.

So Selene just hit Imminent Arrival status at Timewalker Toys, shouldn't Viktor be on that list also?

Yes, I had thought Viktor would be shipping first, but it looks like they're arriving at the same time.

Cool! I have both ordered at Timewalker Toys and to get free shipping they both have to ship together. So I was hoping he wasn't too far behind.

A small little oversight on the box art, that's actually a shot of Selene from the first Underworld film...ooops.

selene-underworld-star-ace-toys-10.jpg

Oh cool! I hadn't seen the insides on these yet. It was a slightly different format to the other boxes I've done for them so I'm happy it looks decent. :)

Do you have any more pics of the box?

Oh cool! I hadn't seen the insides on these yet. It was a slightly different format to the other boxes I've done for them so I'm happy it looks decent. :)

Do you have any more pics of the box?

I do have more Eamon, I'm stuck at work for a bit longer but I'll post them here later.

Back