1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen Michael's review and.... well... its not really THAT bad...~

Don't get me wrong, its less then ideally perfect, but not as horrifying as everyone is portraying it. The hair seems like the only thing pulling it down.

It looks like Medicom quality, which is alright.
yep i ended up saying the same in the review thread.
it doesn't look like Beckinsale so i won't buy it, but it looks as bad as most HT sculpts and better than most Sideshow sculpts, and people buy both with pleasure.
though HT sculpts have superiour lifelike paint, and this one looks like it was made from a candle. but again, Sideshow items are just cheaply painted with some wall paint, and people buy them.

Last edited:
a figure can miss on one of the aspects and still be something you would like to keep in your collection. Like Rey. slight miss on the sculpt, but awesome outfit work, great overall and more importantly, with BB8 looks stellar for 290 ish.

but when they swallowed the stand, less than accurate outfit, and a horrible sculpt, its no way close to HT quality. even blitzway has had accuracy issues but when all departments in a figure miss the mark "substantially" its a big concern. Honestly, i dint even read michaels review, all i had to do what look at those pics.

i have recently felt the same about the blitzway release, but have acceptably taken some of it back as some good new pics surfaced. but these are michaels review pics not some flash iphone pics. for 250 this is like "wow" - wow i will pass.

now my big worry is Leonidas... crossing fingers on that one.

I woke up to an interesting email from Star Ace this morning, here's what it said:

"Regarding to the review of Selene (SA0033) recently from mwcToys, we would like to explain that this is from our 1st trial samples from our sample dept. (and actually we can say that it is from T1, off-tooled sample), and this is not from the mass production lot. Some of the details are not reflecting from the mass production.

And we are now arranging the production sample again to mwcToys for review again and we expected that we could get the review again from him in 2 weeks’ time."

I sure hope to god this certainly is the case.

I've seen Michael's review and.... well... its not really THAT bad...~

Don't get me wrong, its less then ideally perfect, but not as horrifying as everyone is portraying it. The sculpt looks ok, only the hair seems like the only thing pulling it down.

It looks like Medicom quality, which is alright.

Are you ok with paying $250 for "alright"?

Bill Nighy is 6'2" and Kate Beckinsale is 5'8"...why are the figures the same height? surely her boots haven't a 5" life on them. Also, I hope her corset is adjustable because in the review it's sitting way too low.

Michael, can you please post a pic of her with ought her jacket on and try and and adjust the corset up a little higher?

I'll try to get some time tonight - the corset isn't going to go much higher, since it's right up in her pits. The zipper doesn't go higher either, at least for me. You might be able to stretch out the material around the neck enough, but out of the box I couldn't get it zipped further.

While they will send a revised version unless there is a substantial change in the sculpt it will still look sub par. Considering that I am still not too happy with outfit and the value we are getting for 250k. So they will have to literally wow us on the sculpt front to get back to square zero. Also - they may get a stellar painter to do this one specific piece they send to Michael. So it's still an iffy on mass production pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good lord. after reading Michael's review, that figure looks absolutely not a $250 figure. not even close. i think when you guys say its not that bad i feel you're being too kind. the figure looks bad. it actually looks like one of those $100 figures companies used to make when this whole 1/6 biz started. just very cheap looking. yet they want to ask for HT prices? not even close. it's a big shame as i love the underworld franchise, and was so excited to hear the license was picked up. what a huge disappointment.

Well for me, first of all I live in Hong Kong. So my figure is technically closer to $180, with no tax, no custom fees, and no shipping needed. I suppose that makes it a little more acceptable in terms of price.

The other thing is, I really don't think the sculpt looks that bad. In fact, she looks a lot more like KB to me then the very early prototype (anime looking), then the modified proto with pics (on page 1). Obviously the hair doesn't look great, but you need to factor in that Michael's pictures are magnified 3x the real life size, some things are less noticeable in person. I've been collecting 1/6 since 2007, and just like how I didn't panic with the Blitzway Tyler Durden, I'm not too worried with this release.

However, given Underworld54's post, sounds like Star Ace is in panic mode which is good for us. Personally feel that the T1 prototype something is total Bull***t. Doesn't make sense to send a "early prototype production sample" to review... who does that?

But if it means that they're recalling all products, delaying the release date by 2 months to fix the heads, that sounds great with me. Don't care what excuse you use, you can say a bunch of werewolves stole the entire first run for all I care. I'm ok with as is, but would be much happier if they fix it.

However, given Underworld54's post, sounds like Star Ace is in panic mode which is good for us. Personally feel that the T1 prototype something is total Bull***t. Doesn't make sense to send a "early prototype production sample" to review... who does that?

But if it means that they're recalling all products, delaying the release date by 2 months to fix the heads, that sounds great with me. Don't care what excuse you use, you can say a bunch of werewolves stole the entire first run for all I care. I'm ok with as is, but would be much happier if they fix it.

Yep, sounds like it's a desperate move to save this figure's sales. They must know the reaction hasn't been positive. So they're probably tweaking it in some way, and any vibe of a plan in regard to the T1/T2 prototype thing in their statement is likely spin.

looks like they really care what collectors think about their product. that is valuable.
well, depending on what they will actually fix (as it should be everything from clothes materials to paint and sculpting :))

looks like they really care what collectors think about their product. that is valuable.
well, depending on what they will actually fix (as it should be everything from clothes materials to paint and sculpting :))

It would be best to scrap the whole thing and start from fresh. :monkey3

I reckon its fine if starace needs a few months to fix/rectify whatever that they need. And if they read the earlier comments/complaints that was shared earlier by the collectors.( some which has been since deleted ).they should use that as a motivation to give us the collectors a really good selene. From head to toe. Not only will that benefit them as a company, itll also leave collectors a good impression when other characters from the line is being previewed/open for preorders.for a start hit a home run for the headsculpt ..( paint too ) and improve on the other areas too. Though it seems like a lot of things when you put it all together.. But itll really make the collectors and buyers extremely pleased and happy. Just my two cents.

I wonder if they have a fix list.
Or if they read this thread, osw or MC's review.

If they havent, they really should.

Things we need:
- A much better headsculpt that doesn't have a squished face and helmet hair. Kate Beckinsale is beautiful, make the figure beautiful
- Fix the height issue with Viktor

Things we need but we probably won't get:
- A more accurate costume as far as materials are concerned
- Give us at least two shurikens like originally planned
- Give her blue eyes to match Viktor

She uses two shurikens to throw at William as he jumps over her, one barely hitting him.

images

Also the Walther P99 pistols looked like this. Since they had all the references to use I'm not sure how they got them wrong.

9aa8008a5f3a946aa0d6a9a1fa0cf1c5.jpg

ee5364ba892910b0cd4305a53c7f6459.jpg

I'm honestly not sure why a crossbow was even included, she only used it to shoot a glass out of the hand of Tanis.

This gun would have made much more sense than the crossbow.

latest

9d86a387d2fe07d44a105e1f3195981a.jpg

Also weird that we got a silver grenade and those weren't physically used at all, they just appeared in a lock box in one scene.

latest

Last edited:
Also, the headsculpt has the part in her hair going down the middle when it should be off centered a bit.

kate-beckinsale.jpg

Back