1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like his iris is a snowflake :lol

Just a slightly larger pupil and it would look so much better... he looks like there is a very bright light shining in his eye :lol

Man. I am so depressed looking at all these in-hand pics. I really really wanted to love this guy. I was one of those "Wait until we see in-hand pics" guys. I don't hate him and I don't think this is anywhere near the trainwreck that was Nathan Drake, but this just does not look very high quality. I think this would have been an absolutely stunning figure 5-7 years ago, but in 2015 it just doesn't cut it (for me). I still haven't decided whether to pick him up or not, but it's not looking good. With so many other great figures out there I might put my money elsewhere. Such a shame.

When cancelling my flex, will sideshow deduct their fees? Or is there a way around it?

The way around it, that I am aware of, is to state that the reason you are cancelling is due to all the delays. I believe the original estimated ship date was July or August of '14

Snake is in the house:yess:

Here is some unboxing photos, zero futzing:lecture

15782519624_1ecb5285b7_b.jpg

16219084847_6ef830fdb1_b.jpg

16403245011_b856203e56_b.jpg

16218774979_f7f36021fb_b.jpg

16405000305_b4c95b2869_b.jpg

16404079502_4fd930a47b_b.jpg

15782523574_40ab6aa6cf_b.jpg

16379028286_84c794abd1_b.jpg

Nice shots Pete!

It's like his iris is a snowflake :lol

Just a slightly larger pupil and it would look so much better... he looks like there is a very bright light shining in his eye :lol

I thought I was the only one who noticed :lol

That "snowflake iris" pic REALLY bothers me! Its a paint job you might see on a hasbro gi joe fig , not a $150+ collectible. Ive always though the paint apps on the sculpt totally give life to fig. Look at companies like DID. Their costumes and gear have always been first class, but as soon as they began to release their figs with paint apps on their sculpts, you began to see them get higher praises and go into other areas other than military. THIS fig really wants me want to cancel other SST pre-orders i have.

While I don't think the in hand paint job is as bad as the pics, it's difficult to reconcile having Rex in one hand and Snake in another, both figs release within a week of each other, being from the same company.

So do you think I can cancel this while using the not happy w/ final production figure reasoning? I have one flex pay left and I have seen more bad than good with this guy.

It really sucks that I've come to this conclusion. This has been one of my more anticiptated figures since the pre-order went up.

If you really want to cancel I'd use a combination of the delays and the final product pics not matching expectations. But emphasis on delays.

Nice shots Pete!

The figure is decent overall, there are a number of small grips I have, eye detail is lame, mac10 machine gun is a POS, Totally cheap feeling gun, boots lean backwards and the likeness is not perfect. I have a review uploading so you can get a good look at all the details.

Here's a few head shots without the flash

16218541050_b6bf9e9fc9_b.jpg

16404190321_cfc1e015f0_b.jpg

16379956256_c68333e8fe_b.jpg

Looks a ton like James Remar (Warriors, 48 Hours, Tales From the Darkside: The Movie, ton of other stuff) in those photos.

The figure is decent overall, there are a number of small grips I have, eye detail is lame, mac10 machine gun is a POS, Totally cheap feeling gun, boots lean backwards and the likeness is not perfect. I have a review uploading so you can get a good look at all the details.

Here's a few head shots without the flash

16218541050_b6bf9e9fc9_b.jpg

16404190321_cfc1e015f0_b.jpg

16379956256_c68333e8fe_b.jpg

I dig the contrasted lighting.

Finally got Snake today and I'm very pleased. With one exception, my box has a more than nasty crease on the backside and I will be bitching to sideshow until they ship me a new "pristine" box.

One thing I notice immediately is that this figure must photograph poorly. In hand the portrait looks exactly like Kurt Russell to me. The paint work is good for the price point. Even the starry eye people are taking issue with. Russell has very distinguished blue eyes and I see what Sideshow was going for. Extremely up close I can point out flaws with any sixth scale figure. From even a short distance this paint application achieves the goal. Make that eye pop next to the patched solid black one. As it should.

Luckily I have zero issues with joint breakage, tabs not tabbing without breaking, or boots slanting oddly. He stands perfectly without the stand.

Actually other than the box I do have one other beef. The revolver. That damn cylinder is too loose and doesn't stay in the closed position for ****. It would piss me off if it wasn't for the fact it will stay holstered for posing. He hardly used it in the movie anyway.

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can.

Overall a home run by sideshow for me. I've wanted this figure for longer than I can remember and never thought anyone would license it. I'm a happy big kid tonight.

Finally got Snake today and I'm very pleased. With one exception, my box has a more than nasty crease on the backside and I will be bitching to sideshow until they ship me a new "pristine" box.

One thing I notice immediately is that this figure must photograph poorly. In hand the portrait looks exactly like Kurt Russell to me. The paint work is good for the price point. Even the starry eye people are taking issue with. Russell has very distinguished blue eyes and I see what Sideshow was going for. Extremely up close I can point out flaws with any sixth scale figure. From even a short distance this paint application achieves the goal. Make that eye pop next to the patched solid black one. As it should.

Luckily I have zero issues with joint breakage, tabs not tabbing without breaking, or boots slanting oddly. He stands perfectly without the stand.

Actually other than the box I do have one other beef. The revolver. That damn cylinder is too loose and doesn't stay in the closed position for ****. It would piss me off if it wasn't for the fact it will stay holstered for posing. He hardly used it in the movie anyway.

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can.

Overall a home run by sideshow for me. I've wanted this figure for longer than I can remember and never thought anyone would license it. I'm a happy big kid tonight.

Good luck with trying to get a new box. Sideshow don't replace boxes as a policy but maybe you'll get lucky. If you're asking for a new box I'd mention the revolver as well. Glad the fig itself is in good order.

Back