1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the EX is available again I tried to reorder applying the latest discount coupon but it wouldn't let me. An extra $20 off would have been nice but it won't break the bank.

He looks better with his head levelled.

Most of the promo shots had his eye in shadow, and the front on close-up looks like it was taken from slightly above.

Fearing a 'Drake' I think we got away with this one very lightly. :lol

However, the likeness seems somewhat stylized.

Looks like Fresno Bob.

I like how it looks on that review and don't care for the delay since if become available before february 25th I can make.the.payment before that.

I like how it looks on that review and don't care for the delay since if become available before february 25th I can make.the.payment before that.

Funny how a figure originally scheduled for August 2014 keeps getting pushed back month after month now February. A 6 month delay it should look damn near perfect but of course it won't.

Since the EX is available again I tried to reorder applying the latest discount coupon but it wouldn't let me. An extra $20 off would have been nice but it won't break the bank.

I'm thinking they're applying this part of the coupon:

"Coupon code cannot be applied to any Sideshow Collectibles or Hot Toys items that became / becomes available for Pre-Order or In-Stock from December 1, 2014 - January 4, 2015!"

Snake Plissken: "Expected to ship January - February 2015"

I'm thinking they're applying this part of the coupon:

"Coupon code cannot be applied to any Sideshow Collectibles or Hot Toys items that became / becomes available for Pre-Order or In-Stock from December 1, 2014 - January 4, 2015!"

Snake Plissken: "Expected to ship January - February 2015"

I tried the coupon on the regular and it went through but also didnt complete the purchase. Maybe its just the exclusive.

I don't think it's EX related because when it didn't work I used it on the EX Arc Trooper Fives. It's probably related to it just coming off wait list and back to pre-order stage. Maybe that triggered the coupon exclusion period thinking it's a new preorder product.

Could be the "in stock" thing but given they didn't bill for it on 31 December as they said they would, and they have started pushing flex payments back again, it seems unlikely it's coming into stock in the next few days.

Funny how a figure originally scheduled for August 2014 keeps getting pushed back month after month now February. A 6 month delay it should look damn near perfect but of course it won't.

Those delays have nothing to do with improving the figure, they're just factory delays. They make tons of stuff in those Chinese factories, they push the low volume stuff to the back of the line when they have larger volume orders to produce.

What, you thought he was dead?

All I can say if I'm the marketing manager of Sideshow and top management had insisted to release this figure like that, I'll never allow to put it's final pictures on the web site.

I was really looking to buy this figure. Prototype pictures was promising. But final release is as bad as Van Helsing. I own Van Helsing but I have not another option and it was really cheap when I bought it. I never pay more than $60 to this figure. Sorry.

Yeah I agree its pretty awful looking but what do you expect for $160. I think its been well established by now that sideshow aint no hot toys.

Last edited:
What, you thought he was dead?

All I can say if I'm the marketing manager of Sideshow and top management had insisted to release this figure like that, I'll never allow to put it's final pictures on the web site.

I was really looking to buy this figure. Prototype pictures was promising. But final release is as bad as Van Helsing. I own Van Helsing but I have not another option and it was really cheap when I bought it. I never pay more than $60 to this figure. Sorry.

Yes. This is my point. They continue to pump out 60 dollar quality product but think they can charge 160. For 160 i don't expect hot toys but I expect it to be at least as good as those random kits from Asia.

I will say that this is a bit of an advancement in quality but not 160 advancement. Sideshow needs a reality check or if they want to step up their game, actually step it up!

Yeah I agree its pretty awful looking but what do you expect for $160. I think its been well established by now that sideshow aint no hot toys.

Yes but Sideshow does not settle down in Hong Kong too.

You guys really want more people to cancel don't you? :huh

Who cares? Stop drinking the hate cool-aid. If you think it's a $60 figure then good luck finding something that looks better than this for $60.

I'll be getting this for sure.

You guys really want more people to cancel don't you? :huh

Who cares? Stop drinking the hate cool-aid. If you think it's a $60 figure then good luck finding something that looks better than this for $60.

I'll be getting this for sure.
:goodpost:

It is so en vogue these days to hate on Sideshow.

$150 Hot toys figure from 2007......

1TerminatorSalvation_JohnConnor.jpg

$150 SSC figure right now....

Screen-Shot-2014-12-29-at-11.02.32-PM.png

even factoring price inflation and such SSC still has a long long way to go...

:goodpost:

It is so en vogue these days to hate on Sideshow.
SS deserves a lot of the hate. SS needs to hear the complaints Sure this isn't near HT prices, but $160+ isn't cheap either. When a smaller company can produce a better quality figure you start to wonder what exactly is or isn't SS doing.

Back