1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're comparing proto shot to a bad photo with a weird pose. Why?

I can find plenty of bad pics of that John Connor figure myself where it looks as bad or worse than Snake. I took plenty :lol

$150 Hot toys figure from 2007......

1TerminatorSalvation_JohnConnor.jpg

$150 SSC figure right now....

Screen-Shot-2014-12-29-at-11.02.32-PM.png

even factoring price inflation and such SSC still has a long long way to go...

Hi-LARIOUS!!!!!

That Snake does look like the John Conner figure Hot Toys released...you know, the one they recalled and did again.

SSCs won't be recalling this though.

In all seriousness, I really wanted to buy this figure. I'm a big EfNY fan but my collectibles tend to center around super hero stuff. I only make exceptions for certain properties like Predator and Terminator and even those are cherry picked. This bad boy was on the looooowwwww "maybe" list until SDCC '14. Once I saw it there, I was sold. After seeing these inhand pics and SSCs unboxing video, I think Snake is not gonna find a home in my collection...unless Hot Toys decides to pick up the license. Maybe ThreeZero or Asmus can deliver one worth buying? :huh

I am sure it looks better in hand but based on the initial pics, I'm still on the sideline.

I'm glad I cancelled when I did.. just wow.. The likeness jumped the shark. It's gone.

It really doesn't good at all. But, I'll wait until I receive it in hand before making a decision on whether to keep it, or return it. I suspect that a lot of people are going to be requesting custom heads and jackets for this thing. But, I just don't have the time for those.

:dunno Looks like a pretty good figure to me. He could certainly use some dirtying up, but then most figures tend to look way too clean out of the box. And while the paintjob isn't at the level of HT (and doesn't make him look quite as mean and nasty as it probably could), it's still at least a MUCH better underlying likeness than on any of the HT SW figures!

$150 Hot toys figure from 2007......

1TerminatorSalvation_JohnConnor.jpg

$150 SSC figure right now....

Screen-Shot-2014-12-29-at-11.02.32-PM.png

even factoring price inflation and such SSC still has a long long way to go...

And what that figure looks like today....
55_zps31470324.jpg
57_zpsa8545327.jpg
Hot Toys quality for ya.
BTW I've never had pleather from Sideshow deteriorate and I own some that are 12 years old now.

Holy crap. So does that mean my HT Indy jacket is going to start looking like that at some point too??
It's possible, but there are plenty of replacement options out there like Sideshow's first Indy or Sovereign Studios' quality Indy Jacket.

But unfortunately there's no such option for John Connor other than replace the jacket with the one from the JC Final Battle release.

My Hot toys John Conner is in perfect condition and I had him since day one . I don't know what happened to yours ? Sorry dude ! Still one of my favorite figures !

All this hate is hilarious to me.
I'm a 38 year old man who by all accounts has given up on "toy" collecting for serious real life issues but this is one of very few all time wants in the 1/6th scale format for my very selective collection.

Sideshow has hit a grand slam for the price here. Hot Toys would have easily charged another 75 to 100 bones for a finished product maybe 10% better. Maybe.

Sure the jacket could be a little better. Sure the head sculpt could have been a little tighter. But seriously kids, did you ever really think we would get a licensed Snake Plissken with all the goodies produced by a company like sideshow? It's not like there is a million people clamoring for this release.

This figure is for people like me and some of you too who want to complete their collection with what really gets their engine going. I do not see Hot Toys doing jack **** for the fringe collector. All I see is mass market iron man figures times 1000. Or the occasional cheap **** Arnold Schwarzenegger figure. You want my money Hot Toys? Make a movie accurate Conan.

I'm looking forward to what Sideshow brings to Cult Classic table going forward. I expect Ash to take his place right next to Snake and my sorry ass Connor and Kurgan (old school bad sideshow for the whiners) soon.

Now make a Deckard and Batty and this not so bitchy collector will have his complete collection.

And what that figure looks like today....
View attachment 155908
View attachment 155909
Hot Toys quality for ya.
BTW I've never had pleather from Sideshow deteriorate and I own some that are 12 years old now.

My JC has been sitting in a Detolf since the day I got him and the jacket still looks good as new. You leave him near an open window in direct sunlight or something?

My Hot toys John Conner is in perfect condition and I had him since day one . I don't know what happened to yours ? Sorry dude ! Still one of my favorite figures !

My JC has been sitting in a Detolf since the day I got him and the jacket still looks good as new. You leave him near an open window in direct sunlight or something?
That's not my Connor. Mine has been in it's box for a few years now out of rotation. However, last time I checked mine was starting to crack, it's been kept dark, cool, and dry so the deterioration is just from the cheap material that Hot Toys uses. The JC jacket deteriorating has happened to quite a few people both here and over on OSW.

Those images are from daniel41campero, here's the thread with them:
OSW HT - John Connor Jacket

Maybe thats why Snake's jacket looks way more new?
In 5yrs time it'll have deteriorated nicely to the perfect level.

Back