1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tutorial for the gloves would be apreciated matrix! they look terrific so far!
LOL....let the dust settle, man! It looks like he cut the tops off of the SSC gloves and attached them to bendy. gloved hands.
I was thinking of doing something similar, but using clothe material from the DX suit.

LOL....let the dust settle, man! It looks like he cut the tops off of the SSC gloves and attached them to bendy. gloved hands.
I was thinking of doing something similar, but using clothe material from the DX suit.

Exactly what i done! Those bendy hands are still a little over sized so i cut them back and slimmed them up a little. I used clothe material from the wrist back and then the cut down SSC gloves on top. Hard to get it to look like all one piece. That's a great idea to use the DX suit

This is how i shortened the helmet down.I put some maskin tape around,about 1-2mm up from the base. Get a sheet of fine sandpaper and make sure it's on a flat surface then going in circular movement sand down to the bottom of the maskin tape. Take your time when doing it. Use a sheet of superfine sandpaper after for smoother finish if you like.

View attachment 163303

Actually, the bottom of the dome flange isn't straight from front to rear, so that it sits flat on a plane surface. About half-way back, it actually changes angle and goes up a bit towards the rear. Please don't go as extreme as it appears in the below picture - it was simply photographed with a wide lens that creates rather extreme distortion, but you get the idea of how the angle changes about halfway back and goes up a little towards the rear, basically meaning that the sides are flat, but the rear is slightly angled and raised from a plane surface and this was the first picture I could find that showed this. Also, a quick note, the raised rear is also curved and not a straight angle change.

Unsorted-038.jpg

The Prop Den :: Vader Color Templates by Too much Garlic/Cantina Dude

For those of you going to paint their Vaders, here's some good templates.
Actually those are pretty old and some minor things are wrong.

These are the updated ones and are probably easier to follow too:

FIejpDZ.jpg

Wus2LeE.jpg

NgSE8NE.jpg

1Mtept2.jpg

zwFWL7B.jpg

Last edited:
Any tips on how to remove Vader's helmet and placing it back after alignment?

Removing it should be easy, just pry it off. A lot of domes are loose in the box already so the glue isn't that strong.

Lowering the dome requires a bit of cutting on the top of the mask/head. There are pictures in this thread.

Back