1/6 Shining Toys - US Navy Aviator (Tom Cruise, Top Gun)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intelligence spy attempts are getting easier to spot, what’s this guy’s name supposed to be, Tomozhin Kruischev?

Stupid joke aside, I’m thrilled we’re finally getting a top gun pilot uniform. I have a decent eBay Cruise sculpt just waiting for this. Are the gloves it comes with going to be able to fit on any of the hands?

He's up for preorder, but not with Kit yet as he suggests waiting for Pop Toys' version instead.

Kit Chen
Admin

Maybe wait for a better version? I remember POP Toys teased one before

Last edited:
Last edited:
Headsculpts on this Shining Toys versions are terrible, but the rest in the two sets look pretty good and salvageable.

Headsculpts on the Pop Toys ones are way too small and arguablly too young. Looks like tweener Tom rather than early 20s Tom.

My opinion of Tom Cruise figures is that the less they look like Tom Cruise the better.

I pre-ordered the VTS Darkstar version, but with the visor and sun visor down he should hopefully be unrecognisable.

As intimated by Kit's warning, Pop Toys has a history of higher quality, so if they made the flight suit it would likely look better from helmet to boots.

Looks great........from the neck down 🤣🤣🤣

Don't know why but I kinda see Scott Bacula in that headsculpt a little.....

"Sam!, Sam!!! Ziggy says there's a 89% probability that you're here to make things right after this guy lost his RIO, 26 years ago!!!!"

"Oh boy!".......

My opinion of Tom Cruise figures is that the less they look like Tom Cruise the better.

I pre-ordered the VTS Darkstar version, but with the visor and sun visor down he should hopefully be unrecognisable.

As intimated by Kit's warning, Pop Toys has a history of higher quality, so if they made the flight suit it would likely look better from helmet to boots.
That’s fair. I actually like Tom Cruise (as an actor, don’t care about celebs and their personal lives mostly), so for me I definitely want the figures to look like him 😄

According to a warning post on BBICN Shining Toys is another of Redman's brands.

Li Xiansen said:
This is redman’s new brand of vest, I suggest you consider it carefully before ordering

Li Xiansen said:
I don’t want to comment too much, just to let everyone recognize redman’s vest card.

Redman did the flying jacket version under their own name, so it would make sense if they split the versions into two brands to lessen the heat:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/redman-toys-1-6-tom-top-gun-maverick.243571/

Good info. It's Redman.

No one can do a great young Tom cruise... even though this is a older one

Good info. It's Redman.

No one can do a great young Tom cruise... even though this is a older one
Jin Toy’s 1986 Maverick looks pretty bang on imo. It’s not mass produced or anything, but his work is pretty amazing for being <$200:
IMG_2043.jpeg

Back