1/6 Scratchbuilt Rick Grimes' Colt Python Revolver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally understand, but you gotta see it from a consumer standpoint. It would really nice to have a piece such as this, with the amazing detail and all, but the only thing people would most likely use this for is their WD Rick. And with Threezero coming out with a full figure for less than $200, it doesnt make much sense to spend this kind of money on just a gun....unless you just have it to blow.
Like I said in my thread, less than 0.01% (I think it is more like 0.001%) can afford his customs.
Then why does he make things that people want? For the hell of it! He wants to see if he can really make it. If this annoys you...well I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it.:dunno:lol He did not even tell me about the Python and I am his partner!
You don't know the flak I get on ebay about his prices, but I calmly and respectfully tell them it is the amount of time spent on the project.
Now his cricket bat, which has amazing details, he tried to lower his price for the masses. At $110 we only got 7 confirmed buyers. 6 of the 7 received the bats and they are amazed at the level of detail and all say that it was well worth it or even more so.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131284
Anyone who has bought Jon's 1/6 items can attest to the quality of the items. They will tell you it is well worth it and in many circumstances, much more. One lady bought 5 BB glasses (or is it 7?). That is about $500 in just tiny accessories! All 5 glasses could fit into a small ring box!

Last edited:
Like I said in my thread, less than 0.01% (I think it is more like 0.001%) can afford his customs.
Then why does he make things that people want? For the hell of it! He wants to see if he can really make it. If this pisses you off...well I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it. He did not even tell me about the Python and I am his partner!
You don't know the flak I get on ebay about his prices, but I calmly and respectfully tell them it is the amount of time spent on the project.
Now his cricket bat, which has amazing details, he tried to lower his price for the masses. At $110 we only got 7 confirmed buyers. 6 of the 7 received the bats and they are amazed at the level of detail and all say that it was well worth it or even more so.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131284
Anyone who has bought Jon's 1/6 items can attest to the quality of the items. They will tell you it is well worth it and in many circumstances, much more. One lady bought 5 BB glasses (or is it 7?). That is about $500 in just tiny accessories! All 5 glasses could fit into a small ring box!

Dude...it doesn't piss me off by any means. Don't know if you took it the wrong way or not. I love watching the threads and seeing his work. As I said...his craftsmanship is unreal. I was merely stating as to why most people don't buy in on those things. I'm an artist too..and I know when it comes to this type of stuff, you do it for the love of it, not because you gotta pay bills or anything like that. If you're fortunate to do it for a living, then even better. So, again, don't take it the wrong way.

Dude...it doesn't piss me off by any means. Don't know if you took it the wrong way or not. I love watching the threads and seeing his work. As I said...his craftsmanship is unreal. I was merely stating as to why most people don't buy in on those things. I'm an artist too..and I know when it comes to this type of stuff, you do it for the love of it, not because you gotta pay bills or anything like that. If you're fortunate to do it for a living, then even better. So, again, don't take it the wrong way.
No, I didn't take what you said in that way. I should of used better wording or I should of used the smiley faces.:lol I hate writing because there is no emotion. Please accept my apologies on the matter.
And "YES!" He LOVES what he is doing! He is so passionate about making 1/6 items so real that it is unbelievable! He is always complaining about the help he hires and says they have no passion for making 1/6 items, but the two helper he has now look promising.
Again, I did not take what you said in that way. Take care.

this is just art guys! At this level of details and techniques, it's just pure art! And it's not because it's a small "accessories" that it has to be cheap! The number of hours and dedication to do something like that, I don't think a lot of people can understand that actually! You really need to be passionate about a project to spend hundred of hours on a gun! So I will never buy this because I hate walking dead but at a certain point of view, I really think that it worth it but yeah it's like museum painting, technically, it's just paint on a canvas right? but it's not so easy! this gun is not for everyone! Sometimes, you just have to look at it for the pleasure to look at it and enjoy it! One of the biggest problem with this hobby is that people think that they need to own everything! But some people here are just artists who like to show their artwork and really don't give a **** about selling their stuff! But I think that people who think that we are collecting "dolls" will never understand that! and this post is not writed against someone! I have not read this thread yet! I just have seen some "comments" on Facebook.. :)

this is just art guys! At this level of details and techniques, it's just pure art! And it's not because it's a small "accessories" that it has to be cheap! The number of hours and dedication to do something like that, I don't think a lot of people can understand that actually! You really need to be passionate about a project to spend hundred of hours on a gun! So I will never buy this because I hate walking dead but at a certain point of view, I really think that it worth it but yeah it's like museum painting, technically, it's just paint on a canvas right? but it's not so easy! this gun is not for everyone! Sometimes, you just have to look at it for the pleasure to look at it and enjoy it! One of the biggest problem with this hobby is that people think that they need to own everything! But some people here are just artists who like to show their artwork and really don't give a **** about selling their stuff! But I think that people who think that we are collecting "dolls" will never understand that! and this post is not writed against someone! I have not read this thread yet! I just have seen some "comments" on Facebook.. :)
Yes, your right! It is "art" and most people can't phatom the thought of spending $400 on ebay ($350 here) for such a tiny piece.
And "Yes" again to whether he sells it or not. He does not care if it sells. All he cares about is "he made it!" But if it makes a difference...I have sold 2 of these in chrome ($250 each).

His next big project in 1/6 scale metal he decided to make this...
Movie_Matrix_26913.sized.jpg

Boy... This will take hundreds of hours... I really don't want to sell this...:lol Everyone will think we're loco:cuckoo:...:lol

I totally understand, but you gotta see it from a consumer standpoint. It would really nice to have a piece such as this, with the amazing detail and all, but the only thing people would most likely use this for is their WD Rick. And with Threezero coming out with a full figure for less than $200, it doesnt make much sense to spend this kind of money on just a gun....unless you just have it to blow.
Well...obviously somebody does...I just sold it. Sold in just 3 or 4 days.
Some people have the money and means to buy this sort of thing. Jon has found a nich. It is not big nich in the market. Like I said, less than 0.01% of collector can afford to buy his things. I know I could not afford it! And I am his partner!:lol

His next big project in 1/6 scale metal he decided to make this...
Movie_Matrix_26913.sized.jpg

Boy... This will take hundreds of hours... I really don't want to sell this...:lol Everyone will think we're loco:cuckoo:...:lol[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see this...ahhh

you get what you pay for..these things are amazing...I have ordered several of his items and believe me when I say this: when you see them in person you will know why they are expensive. His items are heavy metal, realistic and working parts and I feel lucky to even have any of his work. I bought 6 pairs of the BB glasses and if I make any more Walter Whites or Gus's I will buy more. I bought the Hector BB wheelchair and it is simply amazing, I bought the 2 wheeled dolly for my BB display, I bought the oxygen tank for my BB display. I bought the axe for my BB display. If you don't own any of his work you can't understand. Some of this stuff takes days to make and as long as I can afford it I will keep buying . If I didn't have the money then I would simply look somewhere else for something cheaper but don't expect the same quality. I just got 2 Pythons just for my WD Ricks and they are going to look amazing. I think it's unfair to be upset at someone because you can't afford their items. I can't afford a Mercedes but I don't get upset I simply go look for something cheaper.

Just decided to post some WIP pics for the chrome-plated ones :)

oqd7.jpg

2ntl.jpg

5yba.jpg

qwau.jpg

cv2v.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone :)

WOW, that many parts for only ONE revolver? I can understand the prices a little better now... If I had the money, I would have bought some of your art :)

WOW, that many parts for only ONE revolver? I can understand the prices a little better now... If I had the money, I would have bought some of your art :)

Thank you so much for the understanding sir :) ...most of my projects are really, really hard and time-consuming to do since each and every part is fabricated from scratch, not to mention the assembly process especially the silver colt pythons :)

Hey are you still making this?, how much is it?, can you pm me the detail? Thanks

Back