1/6 Scratchbuilt Rick Grimes' Colt Python Revolver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
1/6 Scratchbuilt Rick Grimes' Colt Python Revolver
Made from real silver (10 grams) and wood
Moveable Parts:
- Trigger
- Cylinder
- Hammer

w1bt.jpg

e0h4.jpg

qac3.jpg

The Colt Python together with some of my custom 1/6 weapons :wink1:
jc3f.jpg

Thanks for looking SSF :clap

I was blown away by the detail and quality of the SOTD cricket bat, this Python is insanely good!

Thank you all so much! All comments appreciated :clap

@Hidden Jitsu:
Thank you sir.
Nope, it is not casted. All parts are separately done.
I'm really sorry that this is very expensive because it is really hard to do :dunno ...it is made by separate parts and they are too small.. Cutting and shaping of parts is a really tough job. I can only use drill and needle files for them.. The most difficult part is the gun assembly by gas welding. I am using a jewelry maker's torch for it, and is really time-consuming to do, plus lots of "re-do" of the parts because they melt easily when over-heated :(

Your work is spectacular top notch high quality items.

Insane custom fabrication.

But I honestly can't see anybody paying $400 for 1/6 scale handgun

Lower your prices, sell more, make more money in the long run. Unless it's truly just not worth your time and effort. Something to think about.

Amazed by your work , it is unrivaled. I just wish the prices didn't automatically count me out every time. Cheers fullmetal!

Lower your prices, sell more, make more money in the long run. Unless it's truly just not worth your time and effort. Something to think about.
Trust me!!! We have talked about this topic a lot! Mainly, me, arguing about how his prices are so high. But he replies, quality over quantity. And I have reluctantly agreed. Yes he could lower his price if 10 or more of the same items were made, but it is hard to find 10 or more buyers for his customs because they are so expensive. He does this for a living. He gets $10 an hour. Find me someone as great as Jon for lower wages...AND I WILL TAKE HIM!:lol

Thank you guys for the comments, they are all been appreciated :) ..

Thank you too Sir Dave :wink1:

Amazed by your work , it is unrivaled. I just wish the prices didn't automatically count me out every time. Cheers fullmetal!

Thank you, but I am really sorry sir, I understand how you feel... but I really can't do anything.. We just base the prices of our customs on how many hours/days spent working on it. Usually, we don't even include the cost of materials since it is minimal... Honestly, this colt python took me 10 days to make (because it is the first one and lots of trial and errors, and I need to make patterns) but I said to Sir Dave that I can do it for 4-5 days only.
And I don't want to make cheaper things by "reducing" the details of the item.. I want them to be as accurate as the 1:1 as possible. With that said, I always end up working on my customs in long hours/days :lol

And I usually make things without an order or knowing if it will sell or not.. I really enjoy making things like these.. Like this colt python, I did it without telling Sir Dave, that is why he got mad at me when I showed him the pics of the finished item :lol
This is nothing compared to the scratchbuilt M113 ACAV that I made. It just came to my mind that I want to make a 1/6 (metal) version of it out of a 1/72 tamiya kit.. Believe it or not, it took me almost a year building it.. and it is also my very first 1/6 custom and scale model :cuckoo:

308035_1473460812369_6234307_n.jpg

I totally understand, but you gotta see it from a consumer standpoint. It would really nice to have a piece such as this, with the amazing detail and all, but the only thing people would most likely use this for is their WD Rick. And with Threezero coming out with a full figure for less than $200, it doesnt make much sense to spend this kind of money on just a gun....unless you just have it to blow.

Back