1/6 scale TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder when i get to see a 1/6 tardis. Looks really good but a shade too light of the blue maybe or it could be the flash. Really like the why you can see the controls inside.

paint's a lot darker, and I'm going to drybrush some weathering which should make it about the right tone. It's also going to have interior lighting and a light on top that works, with any luck ... I scratch built it out of balsa wood and I'm just figuring it out as I go along ...

How tall is it? The Iconic Replicas 1/6 Tardis will be 18 inches tall so I was wondering if you had used the same measurements. Even if you didn't it looks great so far.

once the lamp and the base are installed it should be just about 18".

I also plan to sculpt a phone for the working phone door.

once the lamp and the base are installed it should be just about 18".

I also plan to sculpt a phone for the working phone door.

OK thanks for the info. I'll look forward to seeing more pics as you progress with it.

I searched around online quite a bit for plans, read the Tardis sites, and so on ... I found a few things, and studied everything and then drew up my own plans to size in Photoshop, and printed them out on a large scale printer. I guessed at the final scale just by looking at photos of the actors and judging the relative size. Also settled on a scale that would allow me to use stock pieces of balsa -- 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, and so on. But I think it turned out pretty close to true 1/6.

updates...

with flash and without (trying to show interior lighting)...

pictures from side make the angles seem askew, but that's just camera distortion, it's true and square...

Really Really nice work.

Two questions:

How much did it cost you to build?

Will you build one for me. :D

Price? Oy, don't ask.

Balsa's pretty expensive at my hobby store, and there's been a bit of a learning curve. Add lighting, paint, etc... I'm in it for quite a bit more than I intended at this point ....

build one for you? sure why not it's only taken about 75 hours so far...:rotfl

I've got to say, you've done a beautiful job on the build.
Having built one myself, I can attest to the nature of the build.
I used a lot of basswood on mine and the way I was cutting it out may not have been the best. lol

I've got one myself and it's the holy grail of my collection. If you get the chance to build or own one, do it.

hi, who did ten's coat for you? I'm looking for one myself. Cheers!

It looks like he got the same coat I did for my 12'' Doctor, except I took the gold buttons off. It's a DID (Dragon in Dream) coat. If you look up DID 1/6 British long coat or something along those lines on Ebay you should find it some for sale.

Back