1/6 scale Tardis from QMx

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, and probably at a price only slightly more than it would cost you to build your very own life sized Tardis. In solid Gold. :p

Yeah, and probably at a price only slightly more than it would cost you to build your very own life sized Tardis. In solid Gold. :p

They do go on to say that it will be an "Artisan" piece - which means BIG bucks. QMx is the only company that makes collectibles that I dearly want but that I can't justify paying the price.

Meh. I'm sure it'll be nice enough but I have no interest in things that cost thousands of dollars. Hopefully BC come through with one in the hundreds of dollars range.

I asked QMx about this today on Twitter and their response was that they plan to sell it but aren't sure when. So I'm sure Big Chief will have theirs out much before then but having a company coming out with a 1:6 product that isn't BCS might but a little fire under them for it to come out sooner than later.

Stuff paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for one of these. Lights and sounds aside, the plans are readily available and it's a straight forward build for anyone who can hold a craft knife straight.

Personally I have more money than time to build one. I'd still be up for one (with lights and sounds) from either company.

But which Tardis do they do? It was cool seeing them all lined up in the Anniversary special.

I hope BCS gets on this, as I doubt I could afford what QMX would probably be asking. Which one to make is difficult. I actually like the character of 10's TARDIS the most, but the extra details of 11 are nice. I suppose if they did the latter-day 11 TARDIS that is more battered that would work.

Back