1:6 scale Judd Nelson (John Bender) Sculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzeznikk

CELLAR FREAK
Reaction score
In your basement next to the Halloween decorations
Hey, Ive been toying with the idea of doing a Custom "John Bender" figure from "The Breakfast Club" but Im kinda hung up on finding a good 1:6 sculpt of Judd Nelson. Was wondering if anyone here had any ideas of a sculpt that would maybe pass off as Bender? I was thinking maybe the HT True Type "Gambit" head with some sculpting to the hair and change his nose...etc. Get a pair of 1:6 shades to cover his eyes....

johnbender590x400.jpg

Going for this look:

john-bender.jpg

Any info would be great. Thanks!

Kato made a denim Drive jacket. That's about the only idea I'd have.:lol

:lol Thanks. Ive got most of the clothing covered. Found pretty good, passable pieces for each of his clothing. Head sculpt is the only thing giving me trouble. I think Im actually going to go with the DID Che head. Im going to shave down his beard and stache, repaint and maybe add/sculpt thicker bangs.

80070-6.jpg

Work in Progress!

563087_10151422788059663_666711067_n.jpg

Still waiting on the gloves, scarf and coat, but might noght even bother with the coat since Im liking the look with the faded jean jacket. Ill see once I have the coat on him.

Head is still WIP, I got the Che head, and used a drem tool to shave down the facial hair.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the sculpt smoother? Like what bit I need for my drem? Also Ill need to repaint the sanded down spots.

Also looking at getting some sculpty and sculpt more bangs to cover his face some.

Work in Progress!

563087_10151422788059663_666711067_n.jpg

Still waiting on the gloves, scarf and coat, but might noght even bother with the coat since Im liking the look with the faded jean jacket. Ill see once I have the coat on him.

Head is still WIP, I got the Che head, and used a drem tool to shave down the facial hair.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the sculpt smoother? Like what bit I need for my drem? Also Ill need to repaint the sanded down spots.

Also looking at getting some sculpty and sculpt more bangs to cover his face some.
so far from that pic its instantly recognizable to me...cant wait to see the finished version.

Ha, can definitely tell who that is supposed to be from the outfit. I would love to see releases of the Breakfast Club guys one of these days, even though it will never happen.

Ha, can definitely tell who that is supposed to be from the outfit. I would love to see releases of the Breakfast Club guys one of these days, even though it will never happen.

Thanks. Yeah thats why Im going ahead with this custom. Figured I will never see a mass produced version so Im putting together one myself.

Im just worried about the head sculpt, because it will be my first shot at sculpting and Im not very good at painting either.

so far from that pic its instantly recognizable to me...cant wait to see the finished version.

:exactly: It's immediate. Looking forward to how it turns out. :)

Maybe start a rocco or snyderman interest list? I'd be in for one.

Honestly Rzez, this is probably your best bet. It can't hurt. Just throw up an interest list and see what happens. If you get enought people most time sculpts aren't that much money. It's the painting that gets you but you said you were going to give it a go yourself.

The Che head has a lot of features that could work for a custom... no harm now in seeing it through.

As for a bit to smooth a sculpt... I've used the polishing tools before (white fuzzy looking things). They work pretty well; but be careful they'll tear through a sculpt if you don't pay attention. After that just break out some fine grit sandpaper to get it where you want.

:exactly: It's immediate. Looking forward to how it turns out. :)

Honestly Rzez, this is probably your best bet. It can't hurt. Just throw up an interest list and see what happens. If you get enought people most time sculpts aren't that much money. It's the painting that gets you but you said you were going to give it a go yourself.

Yeah I might if I fubar this sculpt. In the mean time if someone wants to start one earlier Ill sign it. :) Only reason Im going to try painting is just to touch up what damage I do to the sculpt.

The Che head has a lot of features that could work for a custom... no harm now in seeing it through.

As for a bit to smooth a sculpt... I've used the polishing tools before (white fuzzy looking things). They work pretty well; but be careful they'll tear through a sculpt if you don't pay attention. After that just break out some fine grit sandpaper to get it where you want.

That's what Im going to do. See what I can do with the Che head. I think I still need to shave down the chin a little more (too pointy) and then start sanding then. Ill have to look into those white fuzzy things. Thanks man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Funny, there is another 80's actor that played in some of the brat pack movies that that looks like-can't remember his name.

Back