1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusty, what is the timeline for shipping these?

I'm considering getting a third one of these for a Jabba torture gonk.:lol

Rusty, what is the timeline for shipping these?

I'm considering getting a third one of these for a Jabba torture gonk.:lol

I have 3 all ready to ship and another 3 will be ready after this weekend.
Apart from sourcing some decent boxes and packing, shipping should be no longer than 2 weeks.

Stay Safe people

Jas or Rusty, could you post a pic of what the legs look like standalone outside of the body, and also maybe a pic of the inside of the body where they slot in? Just trying to figure out how difficult it would be to affix the leg stems to two ball joints up inside the body to get some leg articulation.

The body will impede articulation no matter what, but to have the option of a suggestion of walking vs standing might be cool (though yeah, gonk is not exactly a ninja-poses character.:lol) even if not essential for most people.

Put me down for an unpainted ANH version. Thanks.

You need a Hoth gonk with donut to go with those awesome Hoth troopers of yours.:lecture

Jas or Rusty, could you post a pic of what the legs look like standalone outside of the body, and also maybe a pic of the inside of the body where they slot in? Just trying to figure out how difficult it would be to affix the leg stems to two ball joints up inside the body to get some leg articulation.

The body will impede articulation no matter what, but to have the option of a suggestion of walking vs standing might be cool (though yeah, gonk is not exactly a ninja-poses character.:lol) even if not essential for most people.

Deposit paid. Thanks.

You need a Hoth gonk with donut to go with those awesome Hoth troopers of yours.:lecture

I thought about it. I will pick up a second one down the road. Moving is expensive.:lol

May the 4th weekend Bump!
Shipping soon!
IMG_1237.jpg

I'm still in for one of course. Are painted versions going to be offered down the line, or is just going to be unpainted? I'm fine with getting an unpainted one, but honestly I really wanted to see what Pete could do:)

May the 4th weekend Bump!
Shipping soon!
View attachment 484343

:yess:

tumblr_mekizuVw2X1rmdyk0o1_500.gif

I'm still in for one of course. Are painted versions going to be offered down the line, or is just going to be unpainted? I'm fine with getting an unpainted one, but honestly I really wanted to see what Pete could do:)

Yeah, very curious re: Pete paint too for the sandcrawler version (as it has a quite subtle rust-metal finish,) but tbh the paint's not hugely critical on these like so many SW items.

It was actually one of the positives I mentioned to Rusty early on - that gonks have failrly basic paint so even unsklilled people could do a decent enough job even with just some gunmetal spray.

Gonks are a cool side display item but it's great these can be had fairly affordably, also as we knew the Hot Toys one was coming even at the start and would be available for around the same price (though less accurate than Rusty's.)

So is the painted version definitely going to happen, or has it been put on permeant hiatus?

Thanks.

Great shot from ScratchBuilder! About ready to move out!
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.29.42 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back