1/6 Movie Spawn Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn-man

Super Freak
Reaction score
After six long years, I've finally finished the prototype of my 1/6 Spawn figure-statue based on his appearance in the 1997 movie. I spent over 500 hours sculpting, sanding, and carving this piece (excessive, I know). The figure is not perfect, but I'm satisfied with how it looks. The final statue is resin and I made the eyes glow in the dark using airsoft pellets. I plan on making different versions (caped, unmasked, spiked) and eventually a 1/6 Violator from the film. I put together a video to showcase my work on him. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-UxglxJKC4

This looks great! You really captured the look of the suit from the movie.

I was always bummed they couldn't use Chapel in this. It could've made the movie so much better.

Wow, really nice work! Are you casting any extra copies?

Thanks! I had planned to make more resin copies, but then I moved to LA and haven't attempted any liquid resin mixes in my small apartment. However, I now live three blocks from a 3-D scan and print studio so I grabbed one of their cards to set up an appointment for a quote on this and another project. I'll keep you updated. :wink1:

Cool. There are a few Japanese model kits of the movie Spawn as well out there. I think they are 12"

Cool. There are a few Japanese model kits of the movie Spawn as well out there. I think they are 12"

I've only seen one that was underscaled and skinny. I think someone once cranked out a decent custom using the model kit, but I wanted to start from scratch.

I had a meeting with the 3-D printing shop. They said it would be $300 - $350 just to scan it, and another $300 - $500 to print each copy in high resolution resin. So that's not gonna happen.. I'll revisit the silicone mold and see if I can cast a few more without too many problems.

Back