1:6 Lennon Custom Commission Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke with Darren regarding different variants to John's appearence (ie 64 John as opposed to Abbey Road John):

Darren Carnal said:
I think it's a good idea.... but I'll only really properly know once I've looked into it and studied reference photos and everything. But initially I think it's a good idea....

So there ya go folks! :duff

I dunno, Pix. Lots of changes to his face over the years as he lost weight.

Meh.... I guess, you're right... I would at least say the base sculpt could be used up until the imagine period (1971). After that maybe he would need another one.

The Abbey Road Lennon (69) would have a beard and so much hair that it wouldn't matter a whole lot what was underneath. :lol

If any guitar will do, thats a great link. But mine have to be actual replicas of the brand and model they played. Everything I have been able to find is either to small (1:9) or to big (1:4).

and really if you are doing a later era version of john, than would be a great one! :D

6a00c2252672b98e1d00cdf7f0e499094f-500pi

The more I think about this, the more psyched I am about it. :rock

Pix, I know you want different era Johns, but wouldn't you think about getting all four lads? Think about how great they would all look together.

The more I think about this, the more psyched I am about it. :rock

Pix, I know you want different era Johns, but wouldn't you think about getting all four lads? Think about how great they would all look together.

Darren I talked about this and he said he wouldn't mind doing all 4 boys. Understand this is a long term project... Much like a normal line, you can't expect to get all the main characters in a short time. But I think he said he would be ok with doing all of them.

Darren I talked about this and he said he wouldn't mind doing all 4 boys. Understand this is a long term project... Much like a normal line, you can't expect to get all the main characters in a short time. But I think he said he would be ok with doing all of them.

I would expect it to take a long time...and I wouldn't mind. Just to have all four would be the best set of Beatles figures ever!

I think it's something we should all keep in mind for the future.

I got my Buck body today and slapped the boots on its feet... perfect fit. Also the white buck stand will be perfect. I can paint the whole thing white and have "The Beatles" logo painted on it.

:rock

I got my Buck body today and slapped the boots on its feet... perfect fit. Also the white buck stand will be perfect. I can paint the whole thing white and have "The Beatles" logo painted on it.

Did you go with the gray Buck body?

Actually the hands are identical to the Phantom of the Opera hands (which I think were sculpted by Oluf as well as the Head etc...) so I am pretty happy with the hands - they will, of course, need to be painted as well.

Per the suits... Man, I am looking everywhere.. I know they're out there somewhere. Just gotta keep looking. I'll let you guys know where and when I get every piece.

Whats the estimated final cost of this? I might be interested.

Don't know quite yet... I can give you general idea of what it might be (Darren hasn't thought that far ahead quite yet). I can estimate the cost based on what he has told me, but I would feel uncomfortable guessing without his input. But It will be comparable to other threads (the sunohc Obi-Wan group commission was around $30/head if I remember correctly).

Just remember, the more people we get on board the cheaper it will be.

Back