1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone catch, was the model on display at SDCC a production sample? The finish on it looks different from the official site images, more like production material.

I'm curious about that too. You're right, MaulFan, they do look a bit different. I also think the one at SDCC was a production piece because of the different paint job (the beard seemed more brown than the photos on Sideshow's site). But it would be way too soon to have a production sample when shipping for the figure is not scheduled til first quarter next year, wouldn't it?

Well no, Sideshow gets samples along the way for approval. In p!tu's video about the Vader 1:1 bust, it's said they're both samples from the factory, not the prototype.

It could also be the Sideshow's set an ES already for Indy based on past sales and he could be well underway too.

I do think the one at SDCC isn't the prototype in the Sideshow photos though, the eyes, skin finish and everything just has a production feel and the Sideshow images have a prototype look to them.

Well, looking at this closeup of the proto, and looking at the SDCC shot, I don't think they're the same figure, I do think the SDCC is a sample from China.

3912_press03.jpg

IMG_0859.JPG

Good news is if that is a sample at SDCC, the stubble looks better than the Raiders.

I'm just glad Sideshow got my email about leaving the rounded buttons on the shirt. I'm still pssed about the missing doll dot though. :) I do look forward to this figure- I even po the ex.

If SDCC was production, then I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not the prototype, but it still looks good.

He looks great and I can't wait til my shelf lined up with a different Indy from each movie!

I can't believe the doll dot is no more! If it is there it's certainly super tiny. Is this the only one we've seen without the dot so far?

The quicktime VR is up for this. Still got the different material on the jacket straps and thats a big holster!

I was hoping they would upgrade the accessories and clothing this time around. Otherwise, I'm going to have to pass. I'm already spending a couple hundred for some replacements on my current Indy. I would much rather see Indy cost $150 and be done right the first time.

Last edited:
God looking at this figure is irritating. The sculpt is great the clothes are just bad. I mean the buckles on the belts arent even buckles. The craftman ship looks horrible. I will give them they may have upgraded the material on the jacket...maybe

If they're going to give us a nuked fridge, they should give us a fedora w/ a flipped up brim.

God looking at this figure is irritating. The sculpt is great the clothes are just bad. I mean the buckles on the belts arent even buckles. The craftman ship looks horrible. I will give them they may have upgraded the material on the jacket...maybe

I don't think the craftsmanship is lacking so much as whomever filmed the quicktime 360 didn't make any attempt to futz the figure at all...just slapped it on the stand, threw the whip in his hand and took the video. No attempt to pose or tuck in shirt, adjust buckles/belts, etc.

I don't get that...

The clothes look fine, the jacket looks good, the hair color looks right, the sculpt/expression is fine...and if the rest of the outfit were adjusted appropriately, I don't think any of these "shortcomings" folks are seeing would be so apparent...

I guess the materials used are just lacking a bit. I mean compare it to the Snake Eyes figure they just released. They went all out on that one. Cant they do that with Indy:confused:

Exclusive ES set at 600 pieces. Nice ES, even lower than the German Indy.

Sadly though, I canceled my order. I couldn't bring myself to spend close to $200 on Toht and the Ark, I'm certainly not going to do it with this piece. Just too much money for what I want to spend on a 1:6 collectible. I'm putting that money toward the ToD dio, because I know that piece will somewhere between $250 and $300.

Exclusive ES set at 600 pieces. Nice ES, even lower than the German Indy.

Sadly though, I canceled my order. I couldn't bring myself to spend close to $200 on Toht and the Ark, I'm certainly not going to do it with this piece. Just too much money for what I want to spend on a 1:6 collectible. I'm putting that money toward the ToD dio, because I know that piece will somewhere between $250 and $300.

Gotta collect em all, gotta collect em all.

Back