1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the lining in my jacket some time ago, I also cut the sleeves off the shirt :horror

But what I wanted to share was another step I took. I cut rectangles of aluminum from a pop can and put it in the pockets and sides.

The effect allows you to pose the jacket like a cheaper wire affect (couldn't find my wire)

indy7_zps081f6be7.jpg

Looks good. I thought about cutting the sleeves off my shirt too but after futzing the jacket I decided it looked fine the way it is.
Cool idea with the aluminum. I wouldn't have thought of that. While I don't think I'll use it for Indy it's something I may use down the road on something else. Thanks. :)

Actually, taking another look at your jacket I think I will try the aluminum mod. It lays more naturally, like the movie. That's the problem with large pockets like these in 1/6. They stay flat/straight, hard to crease them. That's my only issue with the MMS136 T1 Arnie. Its impossible to get that punk jacket to lay naturally and the pockets are part of the reason.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Modded my shoes and jacket yesterday. I couldn't get the shoes quite as nice as Fiend's, but even coming close made a big difference... It's as if the shape of the shoe just looks better overall with a bit of a bend in the toe area.... it was just too flat before.

As for the jacket I tried something different... I gave it a blast of dull coat then, as the dull coat was still wet I lightly dusted it with pastel. I'll take a few pics later but it really got into the detail of the material and gave it a nice weathered look. I've been needing to do something about that jacket for sometime now. :)

Here's an update to my Sideshow Indy- Added a shrunken statue head, Hot Toys jacked (weathered and sanded. Also removed the lining). He's got a Hot Toys slim body.

indianajones111813003_zps099941bd.jpg

indianajones111813002_zpsd8d9acf3.jpg

indianajones111813001_zps19e8ee32.jpg

indianajones111813004_zps4344e03e.jpg

Ordered him a Hot Toys shirt as well- the SSC one started to rip.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Went and reworked the neck...

indianajones111813006_zps0d88e401.jpg

indianajones111813005_zps4faa79dc.jpg

Last edited:
Happy to see all these customs. Life is back in this thread!

Best,

Robert

Here's an update to my Sideshow Indy- Added a shrunken statue head, Hot Toys jacked (weathered and sanded. Also removed the lining). He's got a Hot Toys slim body.

Ordered him a Hot Toys shirt as well- the SSC one started to rip.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Nice work Keenan, the new shirt will work a treat. You might want to consider sticking the jacket collars down too.

it is very nice, however I do wonder why everyone loves a Harrison Ford sculpt that looks like forrest gump (expression)

Indy doesn't ever look that stupid (meaning dumb faced)

Back