1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I'm just blown away by the subtle but amazing touch ups you have all done on the new HS.

The thing I really love about this HS is that you don't have to paint the eyes so you can pay mor attention to the face itself.

Ron

Here's a few more pics of my Temple of Doom Indy. i have a lot to do yet, dirty his face, add blood etc. I started on the shirt as well, first color change. Cut the sleeve off, and started to distress it. But I have a lot to do with it yet.. All WIP (I still haven't taken off his guyliner!)

DSC04510-1.jpg
DSC04507-2.jpg
DSC04514.jpg
DSC04505-2.jpg
DSC04495-2.jpg
DSC04475.jpg

Awesome work on that so far, just so subtle yet so effective. Doesn't Indy have a more prominent moustache in TOD? Like his stubble is thicker over his lip than the rest of his beard. I haven't seen anyone do the TOD beard just right.

300.ford.indy.jones.051408.jpg

Awesome work on that so far, just so subtle yet so effective. Doesn't Indy have a more prominent moustache in TOD? Like his stubble is thicker over his lip than the rest of his beard. I haven't seen anyone do the TOD beard just right.

300.ford.indy.jones.051408.jpg

Yeah, I will thicken it when I add blood etc, he has a lot of dirt on his face as well as blood on his top lip. This brings up the stubble a bit?

Ford does have darker hair on his moustache - the extent of the daker hair is only about the same width as his nose and then it lightens up. He's also got darker hair in the little bit of growth under his bottom lip too. These subtle details will only improve the overall look of the sculpt in my opinion.

Absolutely awesome work on your Temple of Doom custom Rorywan!

Watching Raiders last night gave me some more depth to his beard look, so I extended the shadow past the beard and created a a very subtle drybrush look, and I think it's coming along nicely.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I will thicken it when I add blood etc, he has a lot of dirt on his face as well as blood on his top lip. This brings up the stubble a bit?

Yeah, I think you are right. The blood may give more of an illusion of a thicker moustache too. I think the beard details will def push it more into TOD territory. It's very distinctive of that film. You are kicking butt on that custom, something I hope to eventually do. Keep going! :clap

Question guys , I'm looking to replace the body of my Indy and was originally going with True Type but with the Holidays approaching
it's not in the cards for now.

I can however get ahold of a German Indy disguise body or a Pro 1.1
body for cheap and was wondering did the later Indy releases or the 1:1 have the floppy joint syndrom or was just Raiders Indy?

Also the body does not include the neck , but I do have one , is it pretty easy to remove from the current body and put on the new one??

Which head is your custom for? HT head or the SS head? The Pro 1.1 that I know of has a longer torso and the joints are NOT floppy. Pretty good alternative to a TT.

Yes, the necks are the same on all the Pros. I switched my Raiders and KOTCS to the Pro 1.2 and it was easy as pie. MUCH better proportions (because of the longer torso) than the original Pro.

Yes, the necks are the same on all the Pros. I switched my Raiders and KOTCS to the Pro 1.2 and it was easy as pie. MUCH better proportions (because of the longer torso) than the original Pro.

Thanks for the info, just ordered a Pro 1.2 from Toy Anxiety that was
formaly known as GI Joes Flint.

No prob!

I debated between switching to the 1.1 or the 1.2, and finally decided on the 1.2 because of the broader shoulders. The shirt ends up fitting snug, but not to a point that it hinders movement. And the jacket fits perfectly thanks to the shoulders.

The only thing I would warn you about is the knees on the newer 1.2's. They are ratchet-style and very stiff. They are very difficult to move, but on the plus side they hold their poses.

Back