1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Proteus,it looks good but you added way too much sweat on his chest.While it may not look that great right out of the box,after a few mods to the sculpt it turns out looking like the BEST Harrison Ford representation currently available.PERFECT examples of this is all the work that Rorywan did as well as Guyver,Ray Ferrarro BBL,etc., so for you to say this is far from being Indy is in my personal opinion an understatement to say the least!By the way,AWESOME WORK EVERYONE!!You know you guyz have taken this Indy to a whole new level and some works are just jaw dropping!I haven't finished modding my Indy but seeing all these INCREDIBLE works makes me wanna go and finish what i started!THANX!^_^

Hey Proteus,it looks good but you added way too much sweat on his chest.While it may not look that great right out of the box,after a few mods to the sculpt it turns out looking like the BEST Harrison Ford representation currently available.PERFECT examples of this is all the work that Rorywan did as well as Guyver,Ray Ferrarro BBL,etc., so for you to say this is far from being Indy is in my personal opinion an understatement to say the least!By the way,AWESOME WORK EVERYONE!!You know you guyz have taken this Indy to a whole new level and some works are just jaw dropping!I haven't finished modding my Indy but seeing all these INCREDIBLE works makes me wanna go and finish what i started!THANX!^_^

Hi CeeemOr.
I always says that i'm only expressing my opinion,even when these artists(to me they're artists) did awesome mods,even with that,this esculpt only looks a little to Indy under certain angles and with some sepecific light,not all the time and in every angle works like indy,you're probably seeing the selection that they're are doing of the best angles and pictures,but when you look to your figure with not too much light,or in regular circunstances in your studio with no especific posses etc,just the figure,the likeness doesn't work (to me)doesn't mind how well painted it is or how hard work you spent in the mod.you can improve the indy feeling,but it is is like the stunt for the hard scenes in the film,but not Indy.
Sayd that,i think they did an awesome mod work with a poor sculpt.
honestly,i don't know how happy they are with his toy,but i think that there are a lot of room to improve the likeness,HT proved it with other figures,but i think Arnie kim is too much overated,this sculpt is very similar to the old sculpt that he did years ago,and then,it had same weak points...and it was years ago,so at least we should have seen any improvement in his work,but not this time....i hope that if they do any other indy in future,they will hire another more talented guy.
the excess of varnish is solvable,the poor likeness,unfortunately,not so easy...
Is it the best Indy up to date?
Yes it is,but far yet to be a good Indy.At least for me.
I have seen the attemps that other sculptors are doing(in other thread) with him,smiling,serious and wth that i think are more closer to the Indy feeling than this on from HT...

Sounds like terminating the jacket hehehe

@proteus: i think every sculpt of any character is hard to pull of. People move and breath so to get sculpt right from every angle you have sit with the person and sculpt him/her. Sadly in the case of ford he is to old. The main problem with the sculpt i think, is the eye system. It is proven with your own version. It is the poster indy. Yet the eyes are of. Even with your version the eyes are close but have to be remodded. I hope the next indy won't be a dx.

1] pour a whole tin of Hammerite black metal paint over the jacket and let dry. Make sure to cover all areas of the jacket.
2] set on fire.
3] repeat

Guaranteed to darken the jacket a bit.
:monkey3

*Try at own risk*(In fact, dont try at all)

Last edited:
Sounds like terminating the jacket hehehe

@proteus: i think every sculpt of any character is hard to pull of. People move and breath so to get sculpt right from every angle you have sit with the person and sculpt him/her. Sadly in the case of ford he is to old. The main problem with the sculpt i think, is the eye system. It is proven with your own version. It is the poster indy. Yet the eyes are of. Even with your version the eyes are close but have to be remodded. I hope the next indy won't be a dx.

Hi BBL sorry if you don't like mi mod,i never sayd that it was the best possible mod,in fact,i'm not pleased and it's for sure that i'll keep trying to learn from masters like you and others.
i only say that this HT figure is far from being the best indy possible...and we are just doing patches,the fails of the sculpt are too important to be solved just removing the PERS...to me,of course...

I didn't say i didn't like it. I do like it. But there is room for improvement. I like the idea of making a normal indy. Not a dx. Keep up the good work.

Hi BBL sorry if you don't like mi mod,i n
ever sayd that it was the best possible mod,in fact,i'm not pleased and it's for sure that i'll keep trying to learn from masters like you and others.
i only say that this HT figure is far from being the best indy possible...and we are just doing patches,the fails of the sculpt are too important to be solved just removing the PERS...to me,of course...

That's cool!

Awesome, Amidala!

Looks great!

Thanks man ! :whip

Customized HT indy and SS Henry Jones sr with Jungel dio (temporary diorama, for 1/6 photo shoot purposes)
KP1_7678_800.jpg

Last edited:
Excuse please,

I thought Mike's were expensive upgrades. What are these others : "Joe Strains" ? and how much do they cost ? Is there a web page or link ? just curious

Excuse please,

I thought Mike's were expensive upgrades. What are these others : "Joe Strains" ? and how much do they cost ? Is there a web page or link ? just curious

Joe Strain is a master whip maker and student of David Morgan (who made the whips for the Indiana Jones movies). Some say his whips are even better than his teacher's (shhh....). ;)

https://northernwhipco.com/

Last edited:
This is what I've been waiting to see. That's exactly what I wanted the diorama for.

Cool, hope you like it! The dio is nice, entirely one piece, and you can probably sell off the Cobra satellite if you wanted to a GI Joe collector.

What's funny is the whip probably cost more than the dio and definitely the figure itself. :rotfl

No offense to anyone that owns one, but I much prefer the overall look and hang of Mike's, and they're 1/10th the price!

They are expensive, but I didn't pay more than the Hot Toys figure, and not even close to 10 times the cost of an MFisher whip. I like MFisher's gear and whip too, and plan to get one from him at some point, but I figured for my first custom whip, I needed to go big. It's as screen accurate as you can get without getting a 1/6 whip made by Morgan. That whip that shipped with the HT figure was more of a travesty than all of the uproar over the headsculpt, imho.

Joe Strain is a master whip maker and student of David Morgan (who made the whips for the Indiana Jones movies). Some say his whips are even better than his teachers (shhh....). ;)

https://northernwhipco.com/

Yep, and Joe actually provided whips for Crystal Skull too.

I will be the first to openly admit to the beauty of the mini Strain whips... fine fine craftsmanship.. as would be expected from a master whip maker.. wouldn't mind owning one myself... if I am not mistaken I believe they run around $250 maybe ? considering the intensive artistry involved in fabricating that on such a small scale I would say his price is warranted.. the construction is the same as his full size whips... In the end there is no comparison between his work and mine.. its not the proverbial Ford vs. Chevy style argument.. its more akin to apples and oranges... my work fills a specialized niche for collectors wanting a replacement that looks more realistic than what is commercially offered with the figures.. his work is not for some one who wants something that just looks real... his customers want the real thing ! So I have intense respect for his craftsmanship :) In the end I would love to have a custom figure with Kato's clothing, my belt and holster, Strain's whip, and a HT head reworked by some of the better artists here at the board.. (Rorywan's reworked HT heads are simply phenomenal !)... keep the great customs coming folks.. definitely inspiring !

I will be the first to openly admit to the beauty of the mini Strain whips... fine fine craftsmanship.. as would be expected from a master whip maker.. wouldn't mind owning one myself... if I am not mistaken I believe they run around $250 maybe ? considering the intensive artistry involved in fabricating that on such a small scale I would say his price is warranted.. the construction is the same as his full size whips... In the end there is no comparison between his work and mine.. its not the proverbial Ford vs. Chevy style argument.. its more akin to apples and oranges... my work fills a specialized niche for collectors wanting a replacement that looks more realistic than what is commercially offered with the figures.. his work is not for some one who wants something that just looks real... his customers want the real thing !

There is no denying the craftsmanship in the joe strain whips, and for that reason the price is justified. However, in my opinion, your whips are more aesthetically pleasing to my eye. Which is fortunate I suppose, as it saves me some coin. If I thought Joe's looked nicer, hung on a figure, I would probably drop the cash :lol

Back