1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more pics. I never get bored of getting pics of this guy!

Indy148.jpg

Indy150.jpg

Indy159.jpg

is there a tutorial of this face mod would like to do this once i get mine any help would be great

Could someone pleeeeease explain what this "guyliner" mod is? :)

Removing the eyeliner from the lower eyelids -- some have it much worse than others...

with eyeliner..........................................................eyeliner removed

Before-Afterguylinerremoval11-6-11.jpg

The best way seems to be to simply repaint over the lower eyelid. Many of us actually removed the PERS system and the eyeballs to get at the tops of the lower lids without risking painting over the eyeballs.

Removing the eyeliner from the lower eyelids -- some have it much worse than others...

with eyeliner..........................................................eyeliner removed

Before-Afterguylinerremoval11-6-11.jpg

The best way seems to be to simply repaint over the lower eyelid. Many of us actually removed the PERS system and the eyeballs to get at the tops of the lower lids without risking painting over the eyeballs.

remember someone using non acetone nail polisher remover does that really work?

Nice one! Thanks a lot my friend! :hi5:
Id also like to know the answers to your questions to Rory.
I think I need to go back a few pages to see if he described exactly what he did to achieve the shape.

remember someone using non acetone nail polisher remover does that really work?

I don't know. I used an exacto! Don't do that. Then I repainted a couple times, which is what I should have done in the first place but I think I was the second guy to try this and I just followed the action of the first guy.

Rory your raiders Indy is amazing. Your customizing skills are getting insane,

Also loving the guys with all the beard mods, guess I should just go to town I'm this guy already

Rory your raiders Indy is amazing. Your customizing skills are getting insane,

Also loving the guys with all the beard mods, guess I should just go to town I'm this guy already

Thanks Ray, I'm pretty new to customising 1/6, but starting to really find it enjoyable. Learning a lot about how to use paints on plastic, how porous it is etc. Always nice to get support from a more experienced customiser!

:hi5:

Nice one! Thanks a lot my friend! :hi5:
Id also like to know the answers to your questions to Rory.
I think I need to go back a few pages to see if he described exactly what he did to achieve the shape.

Just to recap what I did to this head. Apart from painting that is.
I took out the pers box, not the actual eyes. They are not connected. I took the foam out from under the chin. I then cut out a load of the plastic inside the head. I then sanded it inside. I found a scalpel useful to slice out the inside of the head. Then the actual Pers box. I made it as small as possible, so I sliced down the sides, cut off the chin support (this will make sense if you take it out.

Basically make as much room inside the head as possible. I hated the chin and mouth, so that was what I was trying to fix especially. I then heated the head with a hair dryer, it gets very soft, squeeze the sculpt as you want and dip in cold water to harden again, in effect restructuring the face. Sounds complex, wasn't really, but dont hold me responsible, I think it massively improves the likeness. Hope this helps? I posted some pics a while back.
:)

Last edited:
I took out the pers box, not the actual eyes. They are not connected. I took the foam out from under the chin. I then cut out a load of the plastic inside the head. I then sanded it inside. I found a scalpel useful to slice out the inside of the head. Then the actual Pers box. I made it as small as possible, so I sliced down the sides, cut off the chin support (this will make sense if you take it out.

Basically make as much room inside the head as possible. I hated the chin and mouth, so that was what I was trying to fix especially. I then heated the head with a hair dryer, it gets very soft, squeeze the sculpt as you want and dip in cold water to harden again, in effect restructuring the face. Sounds complex, wasn't really, but dont hold me responsible, I think it massively improves the likeness. Hope this helps? I posted some pics a while back.

Thanks again, Rory. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

And to everyone here!

Thanks Ray, I'm pretty new to customising 1/6, but starting to really find it enjoyable. Learning a lot about how to use paints on plastic, how porous it is etc. Always nice to get support from a more experienced customiser!

:hi5:

Thanks a lot mate! :) Yeah, that makes sense now and Im sure I'll understand even more once I actually have the figure in hand. So once you heated the head, how did you go about reshaping it? Did you only squeeze the mouth and chin area to reshape it? What was you aiming for? An overall thinner lower half of his face?
Sorry to keep being a pest!:lol
Its just the reshaping part Im kind of clueless and scared about.

Thanks a lot mate! :) Yeah, that makes sense now and Im sure I'll understand even more once I actually have the figure in hand. So once you heated the head, how did you go about reshaping it? Did you only squeeze the mouth and chin area to reshape it? What was you aiming for? An overall thinner lower half of his face?
Sorry to keep being a pest!:lol
Its just the reshaping part Im kind of clueless and scared about.

Yup, I squashed the face around a bit, mainly to get rid of the monkey jaw. Don't worry though you can redo it, the first time I made him look anorexic.
:slap

Working on a Temple of Doom Tuxedo Indiana. I order the German Leader - White Uniform, the one with the white jacket and black pants, to try and mod the jacket. But it was way to big. Have to figure something else. Pants and vest are from DID Becker and the tux shirt I bought from TA by accident a while back, thought it was a regular dress shirt. Came in handy anyways.

100_5346.jpg

Liking the TOD Tux look. I plan on doing that version as well. bought some clothes from ebay, but they aren't going to work. I'll have to keep looking for a better jacket.

Working on a Temple of Doom Tuxedo Indiana. I order the German Leader - White Uniform, the one with the white jacket and black pants, to try and mod the jacket. But it was way to big. Have to figure something else. Pants and vest are from DID Becker and the tux shirt I bought from TA by accident a while back, thought it was a regular dress shirt. Came in handy anyways.

100_5346.jpg

Tried this earlier in the thread Toylion with an EB tux. Looks pretty good if mixed with your black vest. Well done!

Back