1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeedio splendid work.... I still get so blown away by the work on this forum... I usually hang out in the custom star wars but I have mad myself look around and oww my days there is some outrageously cool stuff going on!!! So so so much to look at...

Hi guys, here is a repaint of the 'German Disguise' Indy head, even though it is over sized, it really is a nice alternative sculpt. I also adjusted the crown of the standard Indy fedora so it is slightly higher and suits the head better. I just have to practice painting the eyes better.

gd01.jpg

gd02.jpg

I've thought of doing the same thing with that sculpt. In some ways I think that is a better sculpt of Harrison Ford.

It's certainly got a lot of character. My only problem with it,
is the eyes are a touch too wide open.

Last edited:
So here we go again guys 2 updates to this thread today.
This is Professor version of Indiana Jones for andymp. Again I must say this sculpt is so fantastic. I think Hot toys should get Trevor Grove to sculpt their Indy he just nails Harrison Ford everytime. Anyway Enjoy!

Factory Paint Job and Greggo's Paint Job.
img2574k.jpg

img2575rr.jpg

img2576s.jpg

Professor Indy
img2577jq.jpg

img2578nwo.jpg

img2579p.jpg

img2579z.jpg

img2580p.jpg

img2581c.jpg

img2582u.jpg

:horror Holy crap Greggo! That's magnificent! Beautiful paint, bud!

How can anyone say that Trevor's sculpt is not good? Yes, the factory paint job was terrible, but that sculpt is perfect. The HT sculpt has nothing on Trevor's.

Greggo dear chap..... please dont take this the wrong way.... But I hate you.... your repaints are just simply outstanding. It is go great to see how a good paint job transforms a sculpt...

I really want to improve my head painting and if you have any tips mighty master they would be greatly appreciated.

I use citadel paints... I paint a base coat od beastial brown and work from dark up to light with elf flesh. Do you do thin washes?

:horror Holy crap Greggo! That's magnificent! Beautiful paint, bud!

How can anyone say that Trevor's sculpt is not good? Yes, the factory paint job was terrible, but that sculpt is perfect. The HT sculpt has nothing on Trevor's.

Thank you so much. I agree I think Hot toys should get Trevor to sculpt their head.

Greggo dear chap..... please dont take this the wrong way.... But I hate you.... your repaints are just simply outstanding. It is go great to see how a good paint job transforms a sculpt...

I really want to improve my head painting and if you have any tips mighty master they would be greatly appreciated.

I use citadel paints... I paint a base coat od beastial brown and work from dark up to light with elf flesh. Do you do thin washes?

You hate me! My own Brother hates me because he wants this head so much lol.
Im more than happy to help you out buddy. At some point Im going to do a painting guide and upload it too my blog.
I can tell you know I use citedal. I water most of the paints down. and for the skin tones I use their washes range which is fantastic. If you want any help in the meantime feel free to drop me an email. [email protected]

Fantastic work Gregg :hi5: Every time I see the factory paint on the Sideshow Indy it makes me shudder :slap

Fantastic work Gregg :hi5: Every time I see the factory paint on the Sideshow Indy it makes me shudder :slap

Cheers mate. Its not just the factory paint job that is not great. If you look at the image on the front of the Indy box its really not a great paint job at all. Thats bad, at the end of the day the factory will only copy what they have got, but not at the same standard lol

Cheers for the help Gregg, I really appreciate the emails... hopefully with your help I will be happier with my heads :)...

Back