1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely interesting that they're making it out to seem like it's two different/separate entities when Kojun is the lead art director for JND

obvqaa0lhn841.jpg

Can anyone help me out with a good tutorial on how to restyle the hair?

I can't help if you're looking for a video tutorial, but in case you are looking for instructions:

@Gipetto0812 originally summarized what he did here:
From my previous posts a page back:
  • I used a small, soft paintbrush, some water and tweezers to really help out the hair on the jail sculpt. There's SO much product that the hair looked a little matted. Getting some water in there reactivates the product though, so you'll need to regularly wash the gunk out of your paintbrush and tweezers. Some loose hairs will come out but nothing major. End result looks a lot better and more like the proto in terms of shape/style.
  • It wasn’t a quick process I can tell you that. Took about 45mins of using the brush to get the water into the hair, then using the tweezers to slowly pull the hair apart. Back and forth until I got it how I wanted it. Since the product gets reactivated with the water, the hair will get a “tacky” feeling until it dries, so I made sure to have the head held firmly on the canister post as I worked on it.
  • The product in the hair is really weighing it down. Working with it with water, soft bristle paint brush to work the water in, and then tweezers and toothpick for styling and “combing” some of the product out, will get you those results. The hair wants to naturally curl on its own once you start getting some of the product out.

I used his tutorial and added my own experience here:
I essentially followed @Gipetto0812 's instructions that I quoted, but I can run through it:

I kept the head attached to the base the whole time so I didn't have to hold the head itself. At the end my fingers were slightly greenish, so I definitely recommend not handling the sculpt in the meantime.
I also tried to keep the head tilted towards the sides or back and not to the front, so any water applied wouldn't run over his face.
I started at his right side (our left) and worked my way to the back. Then started at the other side and again worked my way to the back.

With a small soft brush I applied water (from a bowl) to the hair, brushing it on the hair, within the area I'm working on. With tweezers, I then lifted each "strand" (or rather lock), one by one. If it wouldn't separate, apply more water.
The strands I loosened, I kept splayed away from the head. That way, I worked my way from the top layers down to the bottom layers. So in the end, the hair strands all stood out from the head, as if he held a fork into a socket.

Then I mostly used my fingers, with help from the tweezers here and there, to press the hair down again, shaping it as I wanted. Curling it around his ear a bit, pulling some strands to the front etc.

In the end, I let the head dry for about 24 hours before before putting it back on the figure.

Got a strange question, I’ve noticed some cigarette smell on my figure and I have a small ozone machine and I was thinking of setting it up in a room and placing the figure in there for about five minutes. Prolly safe right? Really don’t want to damage this thing

Got a strange question, I’ve noticed some cigarette smell on my figure and I have a small ozone machine and I was thinking of setting it up in a room and placing the figure in there for about five minutes. Prolly safe right? Really don’t want to damage this thing
Probably safer to quit smoking.

Does anybody know who makes 1/6 Joker clothes? Looking to upgrade the shirt, vest, and shoes.

I checked Aries but she's moved on from Joker

@Nick D got any clue? Or spare parts you're looking to sell?

Back